www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions about reporting copying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lesa60

lesa60

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Questions about reporting copying Empty
PostSubject: Questions about reporting copying   Questions about reporting copying EmptyTue 24 Oct 2006, 01:15

Hi

I tried to report 2 copied reviews tonight (first time I've done this) but I had a few problems with the form. Where you copy and paste the review id etc. it would only input http:// and nothing else. Manually typing in didn't work either. The only fields it took were the webpage they were copied from and the member's username. Unfortunately I clicked on 'continue', thinking it would take me to another page but it sent the report straight away. I take it this is some kind of glitch and not normal? Don't know if this will do any good now.

Also, I wondered about sending additional info.? There didn't seem to be that option, which would have been useful as the copier took different sentences from 2 or 3 different reviews, although all on the same webpage. Although, the sentences were unusual so she couldn't claim co-incidence, it would take Ciao a bit of reading through the reviews on the page to find them.

If it's a glitch, I suppose I can try again tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Questions about reporting copying   Questions about reporting copying EmptyTue 24 Oct 2006, 01:44

There's no need to put the whole link in, only the review ID number. You will find that when you look in your address bar, it's the last few numbers, the same for the member ID.

Quote :
OpinionID
The OpinionID is the unique identifying code for a review. Once you have clicked on a review to view it in its entirety, you will find the OpinionID in your internet browser’s address line. The OpinionID is the number which comes after the Opinionname.

For example:
http://www.ciao.co.uk/Member_Advice_on_Working_Out__Review_123456

If it's copied from more than one website you can always list all the original links in the ORIGINAL box and say something like, "a few sentences from each of these..." or something similar.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Questions about reporting copying   Questions about reporting copying EmptyTue 24 Oct 2006, 10:14

The review ID is only the number and can be copied and pasted easily.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
lesa60

lesa60

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Questions about reporting copying   Questions about reporting copying EmptyTue 24 Oct 2006, 21:05

Thanks for the replies.

Definitely seems to have been a glitch as it didn't seem to allow me to paste or type anything in those boxes last night. Nor would it allow me to add a comment under the link to the website.

I think I'll leave it meanwhile as she has now written another review which doesn't seem to have been copied. She's perhaps been more naive than anything else. Well, unless she revenge rates me, then I might think again!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about reporting copying   Questions about reporting copying Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions about reporting copying
Page 1 of 1