www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PROPOSED CIAO MEET

Go down 
+12
Louise90
6chris6
kgray71
redbitch
TheHairyGodmother
atticusuk
anonymili
Mum52
jaggynettles
drewboy
DanielsMother
Thingywhatsit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyTue 07 Mar 2006, 14:47

*******Ciao Members Meet at Manchester on Saturday 3rd June 2006*******

On Saturday 3rd June 2006 me and a few members will be meeting at the Piccadilly train station in Manchester at 11.00am. We will be going for a meal and drink at one of the many venues that Manchester's city centre has to offer. This will be a good starting point to have a chat and meet your fellow Ciao writers.
After this, we have the option of exploring Manchester City centre, going for more drinks together or anything else that might take your fancy whilst your there.

There is also the option of staying over of course, which is what I will personally be doing. Wouldn't it be nice having spent the day together to then relax, book into a hotel, and all enjoy the nightlife they have there with your ciao buddies.

Message Dempsey review for more details either here on ciao site.

Those coming so far we think
Dempsey_Review
Playgirl27
Promotions_Lass
Nar
Vheissu
Mayclair
arnoldhenryrufus
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
DanielsMother

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyTue 07 Mar 2006, 17:19

Only 7 so far?
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 04:28

ach, I'll be in Mancherter two weeks later (for Take That embarrisingly enough!) so a trip down then would be too much expence. Ah well!

You should all go out on Canal Street, that'd be fun..... Wink
Back to top Go down
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 11:19

drewboy wrote:
... for Take That

Don't be embarrased... you go, boy frieeeend!
Back to top Go down
Mum52

Mum52

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 19:27

I checked the trains and I'd have to leave here on Friday night to get there for 11;00 and it would cost almost £90, so sorry. I hope everybody enjoys themselves.
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 22:53

I hope everyone who meets has a ball Smile My weekends are precious as hubby is away during the week...
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyFri 10 Mar 2006, 11:38

jaggynettles wrote:
drewboy wrote:
... for Take That

Don't be embarrased... you go, boy frieeeend!

Suddenly me going to Girls Aloud does not seem so bad Cool
Back to top Go down
TheHairyGodmother

Number of posts : 37

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 11 Mar 2006, 00:43

I'd love to go but cant afford the train fare, need to earn a few more Ciao pennies ;-)
Back to top Go down
redbitch

Number of posts : 4

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 11 Mar 2006, 00:51

drewboy wrote:
ach, I'll be in Mancherter two weeks later (for Take That embarrisingly enough!) so a trip down then would be too much expence. Ah well!

You should all go out on Canal Street, that'd be fun..... Wink

Nowt wrong with that hun, shows you have taste...I'm going to the April 24th concert...cant wait bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
kgray71

kgray71

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 23:09

Would love to go but cost is a bit of an issue for me. Hope you all have a good time!
Back to top Go down
Lynzie

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 18:47

Just to let people know, im still hoping to go to the meet even though im not around anymore, That is if people dont mind Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
6chris6

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 19:39

Nice idea but I’m far too unsociable for such an event and more than likely far too annoying.
Back to top Go down
Louise90

Louise90

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2006-02-13

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 19:54

I'd love to come, but Manchester is a bit too far for me to travel at the moment, and can't afford it!
Back to top Go down
http://167421.aceboard.net
Zoobremia

Zoobremia

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2006-03-09

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 01:40

Louise90 wrote:
I'd love to come, but Manchester is a bit too far for me to travel at the moment, and can't afford it!

Too far ? lol!

It's too far for me, but a flight Hamburg - London and by train to Manchester (if possible, still haven't any holidays No )
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 23:22

Well Im going to book my ticket NOW rather than leave it at the last moment. Last time I booked early, such as 2 months in advance to Manchester I got a fab deal rtn ticket to Glasgow for £40!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 23:38

I am at a Hen Party in San Francisco that night.. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:00

helencbradshaw wrote:
I am at a Hen Party in San Francisco that night.. sunny

you go on far too many holidays Helen.... But say hello to san fran for me, need to get back there one of these days!!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:07

trying to book it - too much choice. Can't decide on Seattle, Las V, Chicago or Boston as a stop off on the way home for three days. I keep putting off the job of flight booking and they keep going up! And of course t'internet is not great for multistop flights.

My sister is getting married out there, that's why we're going. I wasn't planning on anything other than house refurbing this year. Still, I haven't been to S F before, so it's a good excuse for a holiday. sunny
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:08

you could read a ciao review and be helped in making a wise consumer decision.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:10

helencbradshaw wrote:
Still, I haven't been to S F before, so it's a good excuse for a holiday. sunny

It is a fantastic city. The one thing I would recommend doing is taking the Alcatraz tour if you have the time, I loved that.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:11

Thingywhatsit wrote:
you could read a ciao review and be helped in making a wise consumer decision.

That's the thing though. Ciao and Dooyoo are crap for that stuff. No volume of reviews there at all. Tripadvisor is great for hotels though, that's where I keep doing my research.

Sometimes too much information is dangerous though! I keep finding lovely hotels, read TA and find it has say 3.5 stars average over 50 reviews, and it puts you off! Plus I am restrained by my other sister's budget, and I have to book hers too....it's hard! I went in a travel agent today for the first time in five years!
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:18

never been to Seattle or Chicago myself but if you like history go to Boston, is you like kitch, go to Vegas. Although, Vegas in June will be hot hot hot. If you want nicer temperatures go for either Boston, Seattle or Chicago.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:27

drewboy wrote:
helencbradshaw wrote:
Still, I haven't been to S F before, so it's a good excuse for a holiday. sunny

It is a fantastic city. The one thing I would recommend doing is taking the Alcatraz tour if you have the time, I loved that.

I am definitely doing that. And a day trip to Yosemite...

We are there six nights including arrival night, but of course one day and night is wedding, and one is the Hen Party.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:35

Minnitee wrote:
never been to Seattle or Chicago myself but if you like history go to Boston, is you like kitch, go to Vegas. Although, Vegas in June will be hot hot hot. If you want nicer temperatures go for either Boston, Seattle or Chicago.

I prefer nicer temperatures. Initially we were thinking Vegas as we were there in the vicinity, and it's not a place I would out of my way for, although I know it's an experience. Phoenix and G Canyon was also an option, but I have been to Phoenix a lot, and drove to G Canyon myself in 2000, as I was there on business. However then the return flights are to Gatwick when we depart from Heathrow so that's a pain.

I have flights with BA on hold, to incorporate five nights in Seattle. I have never been, but hubby has been twice (old Aircraft connections as Boeing are there of course. He has already pointed out the Boeing tour!, like he needs to see it again)

I have wanted to go to Boston for ages, but ideally I would have liked a driving holiday in the Fall. I have enough BA miles to get us both to America and back another time, and I think today in the travel agent, I have settled on the Seattle option after all, as the Boston option was more expensive and routing wasn't quite so easy. The San F/Seattle flights are direct both ways, which is a major plus, and I can always book Boston for September although probably next year now, as spending BA miles means you have to give lots of notice.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET EmptySat 25 Mar 2006, 22:36

helencbradshaw wrote:

I am definitely doing that. And a day trip to Yosemite...

We are there six nights including arrival night, but of course one day and night is wedding, and one is the Hen Party.

I didn't go there, but did go to Tahoe, and that was stunning.

I have a fab picture or two of me there but they are on my external hard drive which I have lent to a mate at the moment. If I remember, I will email ya them at some point (or post them on here depending on my mood!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty
PostSubject: Re: PROPOSED CIAO MEET   PROPOSED CIAO MEET Empty

Back to top Go down

PROPOSED CIAO MEET
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next