www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

EPINIONS

Go down 
+11
elvisdo
Blue0ctane
frkurt
Angus
Vheissu
steerpyke
helencbradshaw
Kappaslappa
mattygroves
kelr101
Thingywhatsit
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyTue 07 Mar 2006, 15:59

If you are an Epinions member, tell us about your experience, and how you think that members can get the best out of a site like this.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 11:17

Patience is a virtue seems to be the method for using Epinions.

I tend to only post particular items on Epinions, such as Books or Music as there known worldwide...

Although I've only earned $20.57 it still adds up, and if I'm patient, continue to post, and bind my time then I will reach the $100 cash out limit.
Back to top Go down
Turtlewi

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 18:15

If you're a decent writer, post regularly and rate fairly, you can get $100 in much less than three years. For one thing, a lot of the better writers got a $20 for Christmas, which was kind of lacking on Ciao...
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 08 Mar 2006, 18:27

I cashed out by using my mother's address to do so.
Back to top Go down
Kappaslappa

Kappaslappa

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2006-03-07

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 21:20

I got $20 at Christmas santa
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 16:02

Kappaslappa wrote:
I got $20 at Christmas santa

So did I, which takes my earnings to about $21 now... rendeer

I really don't like epinions. I will never be able cash out. Until now I had very little in my account, and I think there is a time limit for claiming isnt there? Somehow, I have got it into my head that I would need to write a lot to be able to cash out in time?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 16:11

I am a member too and I think if you are not as active on the site as the locals, then it's not that good. I think you need to post a lot, read a lot, rate a lot, like any of the other sites really, and the tax implications are worrying as well.
Back to top Go down
Turtlewi

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 19:14

Crying or Very sad There's no time limit. And while of course it pays to be active and keep your face known, the tax isn't generally an issue as many countries have a tax exemption treaty thing. My understanding is that the UK is one of them. It means a form to fill in, but what doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 19:37

Quote :
There's no time limit. And while of course it pays to be active and keep your face known, the tax isn't generally an issue as many countries have a tax exemption treaty thing

Not sure how that would work in France so therefore haven't really bothered to try and get cash from the site. Might look into it and see.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptySun 02 Apr 2006, 14:04

I was awarded $75 dollars at christmas as i had a top reviewer in movies rating at the time and if you can maintain these the yearly bonuses will be more that you will earn from the intividual reviews in the early days so thats a good target to aim for. As for the tax situation, the forms can be found on-line to register for tax, if you follow the redeem button below your cash total it will take you there.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
badcompa

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 15:03

I tried it out and deff wouldnt recommend it, total waste of space but that is just my opnion ......... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vheissu

Vheissu

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-03-03

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 18:23

the whole money side of epinions doesn't really bother me - i've got $27 on there and aren't in the least bit bothered about cashing out - but I still prefer epinions of all the sites purely as it's got a bigger market for what I write about.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyTue 11 Apr 2006, 18:25

The people on there are very anal though and seem to enjoy ridiculing new members.

I had a field day whens omeone tried to rip appart my E class review when I found out he was only 18 and could not drive. He had a test drive with his father and claimed to know all about the car!

Jeez, that site is funny.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
steerpyke

steerpyke

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 12 Apr 2006, 21:33

I'll certainly agree with you their soapmeister-general about how finicky the yanks can be on their site. Remember the old Bible review we talked about a while ago, well i posted it there and although i got some good rates and comments I also got off topic'ed and not helpful, supposedly for not approaching the subject from a devout and churchy sort of way. One guy told me that i shouldnt write a review of the bible if i wasnt a Christian, but removed his comment when i pointed out that i recently enjoyed the film "Enemy at The Gates" despite never having personally invaded Stalingrad.
Back to top Go down
Turtlewi

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyThu 13 Apr 2006, 11:45

Dick Dangerous recently gave Epinions a damn good shake up when he revealed himself to be a separate account for one of their top Music Reviewers. OK, he's my brother too...[/url]
Back to top Go down
Vheissu

Vheissu

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-03-03

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyFri 12 May 2006, 21:32

Turtlewind wrote:
Dick Dangerous

his stuff is/was some of the best shit going on that sight.

hilarious!
Back to top Go down
frkurt

frkurt

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2006-03-14

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 31 May 2006, 17:52

Interesting that they didn't kill the accounts once it was announced that they were duplicates. Oh well, no marks for consistency...
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 31 May 2006, 18:11

frkurt wrote:
Interesting that they didn't kill the accounts once it was announced that they were duplicates. Oh well, no marks for consistency...

I thought you were dead!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Turtlewi

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 31 May 2006, 18:33

Quote :

I guess it's the difference between creating a duplicate account for rating gain, and creating a duplicate account to provide a different style of review. Dick Dangerous was scrupulous about never trusting or rating the reviews of Divine Cheese, so although it was clearly a multiple account, there was no criminal gain.
Back to top Go down
Blue0ctane

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-06-07

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 22:04

I write on Epinions as Blue0ctane. I currently have 29 reviews and no top hats. I don't do it for the money - I'm 13 - I do it for the pride of knowing that I've helped consumers. Nothing warms my heart on the internet more than seeing a compliment comment, and when I got an email inviting me to join this writing forum I felt honored.
Back to top Go down
http://epinions.com/user-Blue0ctane
steerpyke

steerpyke

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 22:50

Blue0ctane wrote:
and when I got an email inviting me to join this writing forum I felt honored.

you got an invite....I had to tunnel in at night and wear a disguise when I'm writing so no oone realises its me.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyWed 07 Jun 2006, 23:01

Quote :
I write on Epinions as Blue0ctane. I currently have 29 reviews and no top hats. I don't do it for the money - I'm 13 - I do it for the pride of knowing that I've helped consumers. Nothing warms my heart on the internet more than seeing a compliment comment, and when I got an email inviting me to join this writing forum I felt honored

You are extremely welcome, as this is one area of the site that really does need development and input.
Back to top Go down
elvisdo

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2006-06-10

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptySun 11 Jun 2006, 00:47

Thanks for the invite as well.

I usually try to stay away from Epinions politics. I got so caught up in it when I first joined that it became so ridiculous. Then there was a massive witch hunt to weed out the so-called ruffians of the site.

A member used to get 10-cents for every member rating they got. Then it was reduced down to 5-cents, and then 3-cents. Income share was different as well. Each person had a unique URL for their epinions page. For example, instead of the www.epinions.com a member's page would be www.elvisdo.epinions.com. When people clicked on your unique link, you would get money for it. I don't remember how much but it added up very quickly. That stopped as well as a regular pay rate list.

Now the pay is reduced to what it is right now.

So they are two types of people who write for Epinions:

The ones that are established with a "hat" because they get a better pay rate; and

The ones who stay just because they like writing and informing others of their experiences.

It has definitely changed over the years and I still feel it has some ways to go.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptySun 11 Jun 2006, 08:11

Not really that bothered about the politics of the site. Just wanted some input from someone who uses it on a regular basis so that members here can find answers to questions. You are very welcome and don't forget, it's not just this area of the site that is open to you. Our competitions, and all other areas are there so your input in any of them is welcome also.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 23:04

It seems complicated regarding getting your money if your not a US citizen! Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Sponsored content

EPINIONS Empty
PostSubject: Re: EPINIONS   EPINIONS Empty

Back to top Go down

EPINIONS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next