www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Review Draw

Go down 
+5
butters
Ciao's Favourite Member
helencbradshaw
Thingywhatsit
koshkha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyThu 18 Jan 2007, 23:59

Sorry if this has already been 'done' in the infinitely long list of dooyoo topics but it's been niggling me since I joined dooyoo, that I haven't got a clue what a first review draw is and how people win them.

I know I'm exceptionally unlucky at any kind of lottery but I see a lot of RWF members seem to win them quite often. What's the story behind these? Are they only in certain categories?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 00:04

It is all the new products that are suggested each month. They do a draw and those winners are posted on the member page, and get extra miles, thus encouraging new products on the database.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 00:04

Write a first review under one of the categories listed above. This list may change from time to time, so it pays you to check it every so often!
Simply write a first review in one of the following categories:
Computers
Photography
Software
Video games

Increase your chances of winning by writing as many first reviews as possible! The more you write, the bigger your chances of bonus reward each month! You can win only once each month.

(lifted from dooyoo...Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 00:12

Plagairiser !!
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 00:16

Dooyoo wrote:
Write a first review under one of the categories listed above. This list may change from time to time, so it pays you to check it every so often!

Simply write a first review in one of the following categories:
Computers
Photography
Software
Video games

It's been those categories ever since the first review draw started, really. That's the stuff Dooyoo want added to the database, so that's what they reward.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 00:29

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Plagairiser !!

Dammit..caught! Just as I was going to post a pile of copied stuff too.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 00:31

Wow, they still do that, i thought they gave it up for the comp. I might have a chance then i suppose...

How many winners are there for each category? There seems to be quite a few for just 4 categories.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 01:48

With those categories I shall continue to never get a draw win. At least I know the background now.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 02:38

I have a videogame related question which is sort of related.

I remember years ago they had review sections for old games for consoles like the SNES and MegaDrive, but when I got back into writing recently I noticed that the products within these had been scattered throughout those of the more modern consoles. Was there any reason for this, perhaps because no one wrote a review in ages or what?

This was why I joined Ciao first! How can dooyoo ensure to provide a complete database in doing what they did above, and is it likely they will do that to say, the PS and N64 products? I find it odd they would then choose to add to this through the competition, but I guess it could be to do with the market.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptyFri 19 Jan 2007, 17:36

butters wrote:
Wow, they still do that, i thought they gave it up for the comp. I might have a chance then i suppose...

How many winners are there for each category? There seems to be quite a few for just 4 categories.

Check out the Community page which will list the winners each month. As to which category they have written in you would have to look at each writer as there is no way of knowing which review won unless they only wrote one review or exclusively in one category.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 16:19

I would think there is little point in having review categories for defunct consoles. Very very few people would come to a review site looking for reviews of something that cant be bought any more/ Thats if i am reading your comment right anyway Smile

scream4bruce wrote:

I remember years ago they had review sections for old games for consoles like the SNES and MegaDrive, but when I got back into writing recently I noticed that the products within these had been scattered throughout those of the more modern consoles. Was there any reason for this, perhaps because no one wrote a review in ages or what?

This was why I joined Ciao first! How can dooyoo ensure to provide a complete database in doing what they did above, and is it likely they will do that to say, the PS and N64 products? I find it odd they would then choose to add to this through the competition, but I guess it could be to do with the market.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 16:56

You get more points by winning this than you do by getting a crown-FACT!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 16:59

I wasn't even aware of it til November, and have won something every month which is pleasing, and totally coincidental.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:11

I am never in these categories so never won it!
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw EmptySun 21 Jan 2007, 17:14

Ailran wrote:
I would think there is little point in having review categories for defunct consoles. Very very few people would come to a review site looking for reviews of something that cant be bought any more/ Thats if i am reading your comment right anyway Smile

scream4bruce wrote:

I would have thought they might delete them at least because putting them in the new(er) categories make it real messy. A shame I thought they were aiming for a complete (perhaps not the correct term) database but I hope Ciao keep theirs forever. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Review Draw Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Review Draw   First Review Draw Empty

Back to top Go down

First Review Draw
Page 1 of 1