www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MONTHLY DRAW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

MONTHLY DRAW Empty
PostSubject: MONTHLY DRAW   MONTHLY DRAW EmptySun 28 May 2006, 22:29

Who thinks that the monthly draw should only be won by people writing a review that falls from somewhat helpful to very helpful and that not helpfuls should be excluded. Just a thought before anyone jumps down my throat.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

MONTHLY DRAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: MONTHLY DRAW   MONTHLY DRAW EmptySun 28 May 2006, 22:45

Definitely. I think it should have to be U or VU to be honest since it's reward is bigger than that of a crowns. It's not usually a problem with video games since there are so many writers but i have seen some SU's (and i think one NU) having one a prize for a quieter category. It's stupid since the reviews are not that helpful and they get money. One winner (a few months back) won one for a SU and they never retured to the site so it was pointless

Last edited by on Sun 28 May 2006, 22:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

MONTHLY DRAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: MONTHLY DRAW   MONTHLY DRAW EmptySun 28 May 2006, 22:48

I actually found a crown that was NU this week as well and Dooyoo said it was an error.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

MONTHLY DRAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: MONTHLY DRAW   MONTHLY DRAW EmptyMon 29 May 2006, 00:00

I personally think they should be reserved for VU reviews (maybe U's) but I don't think you would find a U review that got crownedand if we are talking in money terms then the prize draw pays more.

Just my opinion. Maybe I'm peeved cos I don't know enough about the prize draw cats to write a good review! x Very Happy Perhaps I should get in quick in case they do change it to VU's only lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

MONTHLY DRAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: MONTHLY DRAW   MONTHLY DRAW EmptyMon 29 May 2006, 12:02

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I actually found a crown that was NU this week as well and Dooyoo said it was an error.

Pretty sure that has been corrected now and was an input error.

The first review draw is designed solely to encourage writing in categories that Dooyoo make the most money from therefore quality of review is not an issue for Dooyoo as it is number of hits they want to encourage. The fact that hardly any reviews ever get an overall rating of NU means that really it is a non issue if you want to exclude these reviews from the draw.

The crown system through peer nominations is the way that Dooyoo reward quality writing.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

MONTHLY DRAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: MONTHLY DRAW   MONTHLY DRAW EmptyMon 29 May 2006, 17:28

atticusuk wrote:
Thingywhatsit wrote:

Pretty sure that has been corrected now and was an input error.

The first review draw is designed solely to encourage writing in categories that Dooyoo make the most money from therefore quality of review is not an issue for Dooyoo as it is number of hits they want to encourage. The fact that hardly any reviews ever get an overall rating of NU means that really it is a non issue if you want to exclude these reviews from the draw.

The crown system through peer nominations is the way that Dooyoo reward quality writing.

That all makes sense but maybe they should swap the funds and do £2.50 for a crown and £1.50 for a prize draw! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Sponsored content

MONTHLY DRAW Empty
PostSubject: Re: MONTHLY DRAW   MONTHLY DRAW Empty

Back to top Go down

MONTHLY DRAW
Page 1 of 1