www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No suggestions possible for this category!!!

Go down 
+2
Ciao's Favourite Member
grahamt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
grahamt

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-03-09

No suggestions possible for this category!!! Empty
PostSubject: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptySat 10 Mar 2007, 19:35

What is it with this campaign by Dooyoo to prevent products being added in certain categories? For nearly three months now I've been trying to add new products to the Computer and Audio/HiFi categories and in every case they have been rejected with the message "No suggestions possible for this category".

I was told when I complained to Dooyoo that "The situation involving the auto-populating of some items in particular categories has not been resolved yet. Looking at dooyoo's agenda, it will still be some time before this. Right now we're telling the guides at least a couple of months (due to priorities and the new roll-out of the "new" dooyoo) and we'll update them as soon as we know more. Sorry that I can't give you more information...the people in charge of this are the same people who launched our messaging system last month and the security system the month before that. So, in all fairness, they have been busy".

Well, It's well over a "couple of months" now and still we have the same situation. It clearly isn't a problem with adding products to these categories itself since there have been loads of now products added to them. However, when you look at the products that have been added it is clear that none of these were ever requested by genuine members.

I am beginning to suspect that certain categories are being reserved for "interested parties". Who is this site for? Who writes the reviews? Who should have the right to add new products?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptySat 10 Mar 2007, 19:43

The answers to your questions are:

Consumers
Members
Dooyoo
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptySat 10 Mar 2007, 22:07

Surely most of the stuff added is at the request of consumers/businesses rather than members. Or at least they add stuffthat they think is most likely to be searched for so they can get hits Smile
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptyMon 12 Mar 2007, 11:45

All I can say is that there was a certain little something that happened last month that pushed back everyone's schedules. The whole "site = technological catastrophe" drama sort of re-shifted everyone's priorities.

And while I understand that you're upset a bit, all I can say is that these categories aren't being reserved for "interested parties" as you say. The categories do get items added to them...by a data entry company (not dooyoo) that specializes in keeping up to date in those categories (in theory, more on this in a moment). It's literally just a case of dooyoo not having the manpower to manually upload all the new products to these categories. Sure, they only update once a month, but when they do, thousands of new products get added. These products are supposed to keep us up to date, and as such we keep track of everytime someone suggests something that isn't in a category that SHOULD be insanely auto-populated by a third party that we pay to take care of it.

Looking at it, I see what you mean about the quality of the new products....and I've already brought the issue up before the underlords. The problem is just having the time to sort out a proper solution.
Summary: I'm not entirely sure when this will be addressed, as this is a technical issue and the tech gurus have had a crazy time over the past month or so. There's no conspiracy or investor that's taken control of the categories...we just had to find a imperfect solution to serve as a temporary binding, to us a literary term. I agree with you that it needs to be fixed (as do several other users, guides, and server goblins). It'll just take time and my previous estimate obviously hit a snag. Since I wrote the message you're quoting up there, I still stand by that it'll take "at least" a few months to get sorted out.
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
grahamt

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-03-09

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptyTue 22 May 2007, 11:29

I see that the problem continues! I have just recently had a couple more suggested topics rejected.

Has a team of members to add new topics been considered? With modern communication methods being what they are, it's something that could easily be done from home in the spare time, given access to the Dooyoo systems and a little training.

There must be loads of Dooyoo members who are retired and would have the time to devote to this on a part-time basis. It could save Dooyoo shed loads of money, resolve the member frustrations and give us the topics we actually want to see.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptyTue 22 May 2007, 19:12

I would volunteer to do that! Very Happy (Paid of course!)

In fact I have already offered my services to Dooyoo on a work from home basis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptyWed 23 May 2007, 10:55

grahamt wrote:
I see that the problem continues! I have just recently had a couple more suggested topics rejected.

Maybe they just dont like what you are adding or there is something on the site to do with it already?

I have never ever not had something refused without a reason and those reasons are always in the suggestions list next to it telling me why.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptyWed 23 May 2007, 13:38

I'm not sure Dooyoo would ever go down the road of work-at-home volunteers (paid or unpaid).

It's not unheard of for Dooyoo members to actually end up working for Dooyoo, though. That was back when they were based in London.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptyMon 28 May 2007, 13:18

If your suggestion is successful make sure you keep the e-mail as a current fault sees them deleted from your profile very quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! EmptyWed 30 May 2007, 10:29

I'll second that. Right now it's a case of the system working a bit too quickly. I'll let you know when we have this sorted out.
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No suggestions possible for this category!!!   No suggestions possible for this category!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

No suggestions possible for this category!!!
Page 1 of 1