www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Review page redesign

Go down 
+3
belfin
Stunt_101
Minnitee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

New Review page redesign Empty
PostSubject: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 17:43

I was surprised to see a redesigned page for submitting/editing reviews. It wasn't there on Monday when I last posted.

It's now got

Quote :

words to standard review

Tip for your review
20-119 words are considered a quick review
120+ words are considered a standard review

Member page says:
Quote :
New at Ciao: Quick Reviews

In addition to writing reviews it is now also possible at Ciao to give a quick evaluation of a product or service. Just by giving a product rating of 1 to 5 stars and writing a quick comment of at least 20 words you can express your opinion. Of course you can also still write a standard review as usual or update your quick review any time later to a standard review. The quick review ratings will go into the overall rating of a product and be displayed at each product's review overview page. You will receive 3 community points for each quick review but no remuneration. Each quick review can be rated by other members as helpful or not helpful (Thumbs up or thumbs down). Please give us your feedback about how you like the new Ciao feature Quick Reviews. Try it out by writing a quick review.

Your Ciao Team

And the whole page looks a lot more squished (and copied from dooyoo)

Not sure what to make of it all.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 18:42

I don't like it, it's too squished.
Back to top Go down
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 19:26

Don't like this at all but I suppose we will just have to get used to it. Does seem to be copying the other side again.

I can't even get it to work properly. Tried to publish a review that I've proposed and it isn't coming up with any stars so won't let me publish. Is anyone else having that problem?

Belinda
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 19:32

Well it only wouldn't let me submit as it said my advantages was too long, seems they've really shortened the limit on how much you can put in the advantages/disadvantages section
Back to top Go down
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 19:40

Had no problem with that but it doesn't have any stars for me to give it an overall rating and when I try to publish it says that I need to make a selection even though there's nothing there.

Frustrating but have sent them an email about it.
Back to top Go down
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 19:49

I went to take a look, even though I don't have any review to publish lol. It does look a lot like Dooyoo, they even made it green lol.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 21:19

I believe the stars are in the overview page, I think you can rate without having to write a review - I imagine the rating would be associated with the review (if you publish one).

Still dreaming of the day Ciao abuse is sorted out...
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyThu 19 Apr 2007, 21:35

*cough* dooyoo *cough* , it's only just going to be another area that'll get those dreaded technical gremlins. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptySun 22 Apr 2007, 19:16

While there is a Tips for writing reviews link there, I can't understand why Ciao have removed the information telling you not to concern oneself with the facts, to make sure 90% of the review is your work and quote those of the others etc.

I guess members did not read it anyway, but now their excuse would be that it is not there.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyMon 23 Apr 2007, 01:34

scream4bruce wrote:
Still dreaming of the day Ciao abuse is sorted out...

A dreamer! Let me put your mind at rest: it'll never be sorted out. Ciao staff are too stupid and/or lazy to do anything about it (even though a ilttle extra work now would severely reduce their workload in the long term) and Ciao members are too f*cking mental to let petty little things alone when they've got a grudge.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign EmptyMon 23 Apr 2007, 01:56

I must have been high when I wrote that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Review page redesign   New Review page redesign Empty

Back to top Go down

New Review page redesign
Page 1 of 1