www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

dodgy reviews...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
il_cacciatore

il_cacciatore

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-09

dodgy reviews... Empty
PostSubject: dodgy reviews...   dodgy reviews... EmptySat 19 May 2007, 02:47

I usually check ciao when i'm thinking of making an online purchase from a site I've never bought from before just in case its well dodgy and end up getting my card details nicked.

So, found the site on ciao and what do you know, there are 11 reviews all praising it to the high heavens including 5 star ratings by everyone who reviewed it.

Hang on I thought, something is going on here. On closer look all of the reviewers were new, none having written any other review and all written it in the same format and writing style in the space of 2 days.

Blatantly abused by the site owner? Cant think of a reason for someone else to waste their time doing that. I won't be buying from them.

Ok, so I understand that ciao could represent good free marketing but thats misleading your customers. Does this happen alot on it? I know its always good to be aware but some unwittingly ciao user might not have noticed and might not notice whats going on.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

dodgy reviews... Empty
PostSubject: Re: dodgy reviews...   dodgy reviews... EmptySat 19 May 2007, 13:16

Ooooo now that sounds very interesting indeed, well spotted.... though now I am really curious as to what the site is! Smile
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

dodgy reviews... Empty
PostSubject: Re: dodgy reviews...   dodgy reviews... EmptySun 20 May 2007, 14:07

I t has certainly happened before with business owners posting a positive review after a genuine negative one has appeared, if you can be arsed try reporting it to Ciao.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

dodgy reviews... Empty
PostSubject: Re: dodgy reviews...   dodgy reviews... EmptyTue 22 May 2007, 21:12

It's not unusual at all - Countrywide Property Lawyers is an example that used to crop up every month in the same glowing style with fake members who only ever post one review and don't read anything.

Is there a format for reporting reviews that are believed to be fakes like this?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

dodgy reviews... Empty
PostSubject: Re: dodgy reviews...   dodgy reviews... EmptyWed 23 May 2007, 23:58

only normal channels...where it will be ignored..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Sponsored content

dodgy reviews... Empty
PostSubject: Re: dodgy reviews...   dodgy reviews... Empty

Back to top Go down

dodgy reviews...
Page 1 of 1