www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The upside of being copied

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

The upside of being copied Empty
PostSubject: The upside of being copied   The upside of being copied EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 00:56

The upside of being copied is that the review that has been copied has now received a number of additional reads based on the comment I left for the idiot who copied me. So I get to keep the reads whilst they will disappear from the site on Monday once Jared gets smitting, based on the fact that of the three reviews I read two were from a website and one was mine, not very smart copying an active gude on the site. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The upside of being copied   The upside of being copied EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 01:43

Nope, that happened to me too, back when I was the world's greatest Internet Guide (TM). Quality work copying a Guide's recently Crowned review in his own category.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The upside of being copied   The upside of being copied EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 11:22

Actually that's a pretty funny point. The only time when you CAN post a link to your own review is when you're doing so as a comment for a review that's copying you. And, unlike this plagiarist, you get to keep those miles.
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: The upside of being copied   The upside of being copied EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 13:16

Never thought to post a link I just made a comment so people must have gone off to look for it.

I did send a couple of messages to people so they could decide whether to change their VU rating but no links were sent.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: The upside of being copied   The upside of being copied EmptyMon 04 Jun 2007, 13:24

Oh no, you did it right. I just realized that if someone did steal your opinion it'd be the only time when I wouldn't smite you for it. Because, besides being perfectly appropriate, the opinion and all comments would vanish as soon as I found out about it. So no harm done...even if you had done that.
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The upside of being copied   The upside of being copied Empty

Back to top Go down

The upside of being copied
Page 1 of 1