www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.

Go down 
+2
WendyBull
Ciao's Favourite Member
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. Empty
PostSubject: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 15:56

I only returned to the site today after staying clear because of the churning competition. Now that it's over, I thought it might make the site a little better - the people with writing integrity might have returned to the site. However, having gone to rate, it took me about 2 mins to use up all my 'skips' during which time, I was given two article pairs that fell under topics that I was interested in and about 15 debate topics that held no interest or relevance to me whatsoever.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Last edited by on Sun 17 Jun 2007, 21:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 17:37

It seems to me that you really don't like the site at all and to be honest you might as well not go on it anymore as it seems to be a constant disappointment to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 18:30

And your thoughts on the 'skip' feature are, Wendy?

How is the skip feature, in this form, meant to address the problems that a fair proportion of members have voiced over the past three to four months?
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 19:51

Well I have rated a bit today and I have to agree with Aaron. The skips feature is a good start but unless they are infinite you still end up in circles! I think it would be better if Helium managed to get its random rating more precise in terms of cateogry.

Perhaps giving members a tickbox of sub-categories would be better? I am still having to read "How to deal with a blow out tyre" and "Dungeon and Dragons" reviews despite my skips so surely being able to narrow down your fields would make this less likely?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 14:51

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
And your thoughts on the 'skip' feature are, Wendy?

I don't have a view on it as I haven't even seen it. I don't really go on Helium much these days, as I don't have time to rate there as well. But a lot of your posts are saying how you dislike the site and can't get from it what you want, so wouldn't it be better to concentrate on other sites that give you the satisfaction you need - like Dooyoo or such. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 15:19

I believe I've been very clear in that Helium is something I only delve into every now and again. My opening sentence in the first post says just that. I do concentrate on other sites, although not exclusively. I believe that's been posted elsewhere on FOIB, too. Helium has potential, so why ignore it completely? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 16:00

OK,. your choice, just voicing my opinion over your frustrations. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptyMon 18 Jun 2007, 19:58

Just had a look.

It's useless.

Why can't they find a way to allow a user/me to select a category to rate within. I don't give a toss about 95% of the articles coming through the rate system. Even though all but one of my articles has been about films I never ever get to rate from the film category.

If I fancy a change of reading I'd like to be able to choose so within a reasonable range of possibilities. Reading the same articles over and over about how to entertain your kids on a plane, that are two paragraphs long and full of poor grammar just doesn't do it for me.

It may even help them to see which categories are most popular amongst registered users and thus they can improve the site accordingly.

Until they fix this I will rarely rate anything.
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
DCMerkle

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptyWed 25 Jul 2007, 23:59

I don't like the skip feature either, but if Helium is trying to get us to rate articles in certain categories, then why not have us rate a certain amount of articles that the reader may not particularly like and when we've reached that percentage, then we can have the ones that we are more interested in given to us. Just a thought.
DCMerkle
Back to top Go down
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptyMon 30 Jul 2007, 19:22

If they ask me to rate another 'article' (full of knowledge!) about Paris ******* **** ***** ****** ***** Hilton. I'm gonna smash something!
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. EmptySat 11 Aug 2007, 15:08

Yes but as we all know Helium is a complete waste of time for anyone who actually wants to write anything that is any good and doesnt want to just right about crap!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.   Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince. Empty

Back to top Go down

Helium's "SKIP" feature is complete mince.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk :: REVIEW SITE TALK :: HELIUM-
Jump to: