www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Centre Shambles

Go down 
+6
Averilla
plipplop
Paul99ine
Ciao's Favourite Member
lisa2062
susie19
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 01:30

Right, I'm gone. I'll be interested in seeing how the day shift tackles this one. TTFN.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 01:31

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:

I think the community aspect is something that is fairly important to Ciao because it's one of their main selling points (and they make an attempt at pretending it's important with "newsletters" etc).

I certainly think that that is a far more efficient and cost-effective way of getting people (back) to the site again rather than these POW, Topic of the month, lists and video reviews, all of which are going down like a lead ballon.

I dont think it is that important..not really...then again I am not sure what is...as they are not exactly leading edge with products etc..unlike lots of technical sites etc..

I dont think the numbers of members voting with their feet is sufficient to make a dent in their hits. In actual fact their POW would attract lots of review writing....(all nonsense in my opinion as I doubt the products in question are actually searched for very often..unless my shopping research is wildly off the average...................!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 01:34

Averilla wrote:
Up to a point no Drew, but they do play a major part in attracting those customers :-)

Do they? How?

Ciao is all about hit's. They get the SEO right, and google brings them that. Does it really matter how many E ratings the review that shows up in google actually has? I really don't think so.

Last edited by on Fri 03 Aug 2007, 01:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 01:38

helencbradshaw wrote:

I think the community aspect is something that is fairly important to Ciao because it's one of their main selling points (and they make an attempt at pretending it's important with "newsletters" etc).

I certainly think that that is a far more efficient and cost-effective way of getting people (back) to the site again rather than these POW, Topic of the month, lists and video reviews, all of which are going down like a lead ballon.

I dont think it is that important..not really...then again I am not sure what is...as they are not exactly leading edge with products etc..unlike lots of technical sites etc..

I dont think the numbers of members voting with their feet is sufficient to make a dent in their hits. In actual fact their POW would attract lots of review writing....(all nonsense in my opinion as I doubt the products in question are actually searched for very often..unless my shopping research is wildly off the average...................!)

Maybe members complaint wouldn't dent their hits, but it might just bring to their attention hopw bad the technical faults are now getting, in fact complaints from newer members might have an even bigger impact..but maybe not. We simply have no way of knowing until it is tried !

As for the POW..a complete waste of space, as are a lot of the other new incentives, but like I said...exactly WHY are they suddenly bringing in all these incentives.

I'm all argued out for tonight but will be interesting to see how this all pans out. Night guys, it's been interesting tongue
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 01:40

drewboy wrote:
Averilla wrote:
Up to a point no Drew, but they do play a major part in attracting those customers :-)

Do they? How?

Ciao is all about hit's. They get the SEO right, and google brings them that. Does it really matter how many E ratings the review that shows up in google actually has? I really don't think so.

yep agree....hits....three line one day wonder reviews can also attract hits..!!!!
Back to top Go down
plipplop

plipplop

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 10:17

Can see both sides of the argument but I think the path to contentment rests with acceptance of the knowledge that Ciao is driven by hits not members. How many complaints raised have actually led to any change?

Compare to Dooyoo, where Jared comes onto this board regularly (and answers questions, asks for feedback etc) and generally shows an interest.

I'm still struggling to find a compelling reason why anyone would retain membership at Ciao?
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 11:41

Guess the answer is surveys, for me this months earnings of £47 (not the norm but a one off month) £42 came from surveys, £2 from premium fund and the rest from rates and that was mainly because every product sugestion got a two £ payment plus first review bonus.

By all menas complain but like others have said you need to appreciate their business model at the same time and just looking at the new review list there is no shortage of members given the number of white dots about.
Back to top Go down
susie19

susie19

Number of posts : 2315
Registration date : 2007-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 12:56

atticusuk wrote:
Guess the answer is surveys, for me this months earnings ... £42 came from surveys.

No kidding? I don't think I've earnt that much in surveys in the whole time I've been a member (1.5 yrs) affraid
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 15:40

Afraid not, it was from some monthly IT survey that you have to complete well each month actually and about four months worth of payments hit this month. Will go towards having the gas replaced in my cars air conditioning unit.
Back to top Go down
plipplop

plipplop

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 17:33

I got £50 for one survey when I was a member and that was IT-based too.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 17:48

Jammy buggers! I reckon that when I did the surveys, 10% paid out, 30% I didn't fit the target group, 30% failed technically and 30% tried to kick me out long after they'd established me as a target member... nothing over £2 though.

I don't do 'em anymore.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 19:13

Of course, just to take the *Bad word*... despite opting out of Ciao Surveys and mentioning this, I come home to find an email invite for...

Well, no point in going on, eh?

You know... bugger the rest of the Ciao Community (tonnes of them turned up today, didn't they?), I might still yet write my letter to some punter high in the Ciao food chain. Smile
Back to top Go down
plipplop

plipplop

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 20:00

I don't do 'em anymore.

The irony is that if people want to earn money from surveys, there are tonnes of other, more reliable sites out there with which to do it. Never understood the whole Ciao survey thing??
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyFri 03 Aug 2007, 20:29

Me neither. Ummm... wotsitsface... Global Test Market is far better!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 13:23

I like 'test and vote' and valued opinions. I've pretty much given up with the others but I did get about £6 worth of Ciao ones this month.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 13:27

Uhuh....There did seem to be a lot floating around Ciao this month.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 15:43

Me neither. Ummm... wotsitsface... Global Test Market is far better!

Which, as far as I know, is a part of ciao (or the otherway round).

In anycase, MUCH better survey site. I get about £30 every three or four months out of that one.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySat 04 Aug 2007, 17:11

Are they both part of Greenfield?

I never knew that.

GTM's surveys always worked, were interesting and I never got any further than 15% or so before being kicked out for not meeting the target criteria... unlike Ciao.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Aug 2007, 14:11

I cannot post a review today....the show preview buttons etc are all greyed out...but everyone else seems to be managing it..is it me???
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Aug 2007, 15:02

It's a Ciao bug, Helen.

There is a way around it, and I think it's been posted on FOIB before, but I can't seem to find it right now.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Aug 2007, 15:04

Or... you're looking at the wrong buttons?

There's a set right below the text box for your review, but if you post a "proper" review over 120 words, these buttons will never come into play.

You need to fill in all the other gubbins and there should be buttons at the bottom of the screen for premium reviews.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptySun 05 Aug 2007, 15:18

I have managed it now...I pasted in my review, then pressed TAB et voila...all the other buttons activated themselves...!

I cannot remember doing that before..!

Bloody photos would't upload and ratings are all over the place still, I see!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 Aug 2007, 11:56

helencbradshaw wrote:
I have managed it now...I pasted in my review, then pressed TAB et voila...all the other buttons activated themselves...!

I find I always have to do that after pasting a review from word into te Ciao template.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Centre Shambles   Member Centre Shambles - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Centre Shambles
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2