www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

an unjustified rant?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

an unjustified rant? Empty
PostSubject: an unjustified rant?   an unjustified rant? EmptyMon 12 Nov 2007, 15:08

I had an attempted break in a few years ago, even gave a description of the guy I confronted- conclusive police action = Nil (I still see him walking about near the scene of the crime)

my car was broken into by joy ridders, broke the casing on steering column, nicked my CDs and jacket - police response"its almost impossible to catch the people commiting these sort of crimes"

bank account accessed by someone using my cheque book stolen somewhere probably at the post office - "not a police matter"

my mums neighbour mugged in broad daylight outside a busy pub where the regulars were fully aware of who commited it - arrests nil.

I do 38mph in a 30mph zone and within a week I am being processed for a sixty quid fine and three points.

Don't you love the police in this country.

I know I was in the wrong but surely in the scheme of things the polices excessive use of speed cameras for pure revenue is not really the role they should be concentrating on. All we hear about on the TV is National Security and increased crime waves and all we get is seemingly more speeding tickets.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: an unjustified rant?   an unjustified rant? EmptyMon 12 Nov 2007, 17:48

Well said. Im not against speed cameras per se BUT theyve become such a revenue raiser its unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: an unjustified rant?   an unjustified rant? EmptyMon 12 Nov 2007, 23:12

Hmm. I havent had quite the run of bad luck, however I have had a few things happen to my car and the police promised to keep a look out for it.

And they did. I changed my car about 9 months ago, and they stopped me because they expected my number plate (which I had transfered) to be on a BMW and not my new MINI. I was quite impressed with that.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: an unjustified rant?   an unjustified rant? EmptyWed 14 Nov 2007, 16:45

steerpyke wrote:

I do 38mph in a 30mph zone and within a week I am being processed for a sixty quid fine and three points.

That is awful, you should have got at least two months jail for that, bloody liberals.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: an unjustified rant?   an unjustified rant? EmptyWed 14 Nov 2007, 20:12

atticusuk wrote:
steerpyke wrote:

That is awful, you should have got at least two months jail for that, bloody liberals.

I s'pose we should be grateful that you're not suggesting the addition of a skull to your pictured haul!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: an unjustified rant?   an unjustified rant? EmptyFri 16 Nov 2007, 16:35

Paul99ine wrote:
atticusuk wrote:
steerpyke wrote:

I s'pose we should be grateful that you're not suggesting the addition of a skull to your pictured haul!! Twisted Evil

Only for repeat offenders.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: an unjustified rant?   an unjustified rant? Empty

Back to top Go down

an unjustified rant?
Page 1 of 1