www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)

Go down 
+3
Ciao's Favourite Member
koshkha
il_cacciatore
7 posters
AuthorMessage
il_cacciatore

il_cacciatore

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-09

People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) Empty
PostSubject: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 13:14

I've been getting one person sending me messages asking me to rate their reviews that haven't rated any of mine and aren't on my CoT.

I mean, I have asked a few persons to re-rate some of my reviews that I had written when I was a new member, these weren't the best of quality and changed them later on but at least I read and rated a good few of their reviews as courtesy. What I don't do is send messages around as a matter of course requesting, what it seems, the whole of ciao to specially come and rate my review!

I mean, I don't mind being asked to re-rate reviews if the author has done abit of work to make it better, what I have a problem with is someone just sending messages round getting everyone to rate their reviews.

Rant over.

Anyone feel the same or think that it is indeed alright to do this? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 14:35

You have a lot of choices:
1. ignore them
2. tell them not to do it - and point out it's against the site rules
3. if it really gets to you, report them.

If I get requests to re-read from people who don't read my reviews, I point out that it's only polite to read other people before asking them to read you for a second time. And if it's no better second time round, I certainly don't upgrade just because they asked.
Back to top Go down
il_cacciatore

il_cacciatore

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-01-09

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 14:53

Actually the user that I received the message from is no longer a registered user; coincidence? Smile
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 15:26

I report it.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 15:38

il_cacciatore wrote:
Actually the user that I received the message from is no longer a registered user; coincidence? Smile

But the real question is, how long before they turn up again with a new account? People like that are often serial abusers and had their accounts deleted or suspended many times.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 18:28

How long before they turn up with a new account? Well if it is the same one as I think it is then they are already back with a new one in more or less the same name, hopefully they have learnt a lesson though.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 19:48

I rather doubt any lessons were learnt at all. The problem I see is that if one person does it widely, other people who maybe don't know the rules, think it's OK and they do the same sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptySun 04 Mar 2007, 20:16

There was more than one person doing this on a widespread basis anyway, wasn't there..?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) EmptyWed 07 Mar 2007, 00:08

I saw messages from the same person in many people's gb's asking them to go rate their new review they wrote today. Haven't noticed that particular writer anymore BUT I have noticed someone who's quite high up in the list of "most read authors" leaving messages like that in many guestbooks (no I wasn't gb snooping, they just happened to be leavign messages in people's gb's that I just happened to be leaving messages for), which I thought was rather dubious. Funny though, I haven't received any such requests! Lucky me tra la la la cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)   People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant) Empty

Back to top Go down

People pestering for rates! (abit of a rant)
Page 1 of 1