www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Earnings

Go down 
+11
atticusuk
lisa2062
Persephone
dididave
Ciao's Favourite Member
fizzywizzy
kenjohn
helencbradshaw
WendyBull
steerpyke
Thingywhatsit
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 18:10

I would try to expand the areas that I write in given circumstances such as yours. Since contributing to almost every area, the cross section of articles that I rate is amazing and so much different from what it was in the old days when the site was beginning.

Extend your collection of reviews to other areas and you automatically extend your rating area.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 18:14

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I would try to expand the areas that I write in given circumstances such as yours. Since contributing to almost every area, the cross section of articles that I rate is amazing and so much different from what it was in the old days when the site was beginning.

Extend your collection of reviews to other areas and you automatically extend your rating area.

Thanks, will try and let you know how I get on. I have written in everything on dooyoo pretty much so it should not be a problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 19:47

Then do post them over. If you have trouble finding any of the categories, let me know and I shall tell you which channel and how to word your title.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 20:37

I might give a few more of mine a new airing over there if I get a chance. x

Last edited by WendyBull on Tue 19 Feb 2008, 20:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Persephone

Persephone

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2007-02-02

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Mar 2008, 20:59

I forgot I still remembered my account here! Hope everyone is well.

Had been away from helium for a while due to continual internet probs and moving. I like the new rating options however I am still confused by many things such as how does one know which key words are being used for a topic and if those keywords are being successful? I still struggle to find the right keywords to use for myself....

With the introduction of the star stuff, now that I have internet connx and have been rating an hour every other day - I had three stars last week and then yesterday it went down to two. I find that unexplainable. I have emailed but no explainable answer has been received.

However my earnings have gone up a bit but I doubt I will be able to post over 200 articles this year. I am thrilled to have earned what I have but can't yet pay the month rent on it!

Anyway, glad to see you all are still here.

seph
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sephsworld
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Mar 2008, 19:16

I still confused as to how the earnings are calculated. I've only been on there a week and posted 6 articles so obviously I'm not expecting to be earnings loads, but at present my earnings total is zero. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Mar 2008, 19:31

It will be pretty poor. Move all your articles over and you will see a great difference as it is a combination of quality and quantity that makes the earnings happen. It was the same for all of us in our first experiences and some English writers are now earning as much as 10,000 dollars a year on there. It was shown on a BBC documentary.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2008, 10:25

I advise that you don't move any articles over until you're sure that Helium is a site you want to contribute to. Unlike the UK sites, they're very stubborn about deleting your work if you decide it's not for you.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2008, 17:28

But you need to have a fair amount of stuff to get anywhere earnings-wise.

I am doing great now with over 300 articles. It s the accumlation that does it - just a few articles isn't enough.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyWed 02 Apr 2008, 19:55

How do earnings "accumulate" though. I have still only posted a handful and now have $1.54. But that seems to be made up of a small amount of earnings on each review...so there is no accumulation through posting more, as such (apart from , well there are obviously more earning!)

I might have to churn a few more on (about 200!!) as I could do with the cash this month! How much could I earn then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 10:55

fizzywizzy wrote:

I am doing great now with over 300 articles. It s the accumlation that does it - just a few articles isn't enough.

As I've always said, Helium seems to have an earning model where it almost forces you to be on the site constantly and post tonnes of articles before you get anywhere. The last time I checked, their competitions worked in exactly the same way. If you're a casual writer/poster, why even bother posting on Helium?

There seem to be some decent earners, but those people have whored themselves through the competitions and posted hundreds upon hundreds of articles and are the exception, not the norm. I think some people are being (deliberately) misleading when they talk of Helium earnings.

I still think my advice is valid though. There is still a lot wrong with Helium in terms of article ranking, rating etc. I advise people not to post too many articles (new or recycled) until they're sure Helium is for them and they can figure that out without posting 500 articles.

Like Helen, I've got a few articles out there (about 20). I've earned $11.15 in over a year and the majority of that is from four articles. The only accum mulation I can see is that of adding more articles, just like Dooyoo and Ciao... unless it's somehow linked to site activity?
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 11:23

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
fizzywizzy wrote:

As I've always said, Helium seems to have an earning model where it almost forces you to be on the site constantly and post tonnes of articles before you get anywhere. The last time I checked, their competitions worked in exactly the same way. If you're a casual writer/poster, why even bother posting on Helium?

There seem to be some decent earners, but those people have whored themselves through the competitions and posted hundreds upon hundreds of articles and are the exception, not the norm. I think some people are being (deliberately) misleading when they talk of Helium earnings.

I still think my advice is valid though. There is still a lot wrong with Helium in terms of article ranking, rating etc. I advise people not to post too many articles (new or recycled) until they're sure Helium is for them and they can figure that out without posting 500 articles.

Like Helen, I've got a few articles out there (about 20). I've earned $11.15 in over a year and the majority of that is from four articles. The only accum mulation I can see is that of adding more articles, just like Dooyoo and Ciao... unless it's somehow linked to site activity?

Whether they say so or not, site activity is a factor. The most active members in the community forum certainly have more prominence and are more often chosen for featured articles. I can only think that Helium is absolutely desperate for content as the only way to earn a decent amount is to have at least 100 articles on there, maybe more. Anyone who writes on Helium disagree? I would be surprised if you can and then back it up?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 13:38

Can you give us some figures Fiona or David? If someone posts 100 articles in a short time frame, how much could they earn? Do they have to rate as well to be considered a prominent member...I would die of frustration if I have to rate any more "top ten things to do in Europe" articles!!! (Are ratings linked to the payment scheme at all?)
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 13:49

helencbradshaw wrote:
Can you give us some figures Fiona or David? If someone posts 100 articles in a short time frame, how much could they earn? Do they have to rate as well to be considered a prominent member...I would die of frustration if I have to rate any more "top ten things to do in Europe" articles!!! (Are ratings linked to the payment scheme at all?)

Well you know about the rating and writing stars right? If you do not get at least three rating stars you are ineligible for the bonus scheme they are running right now. There is NO WAY I could wade through some of the crap articles and titles I am given to rate despite my skips and despite the fact I have posted 31 articles, 17 of which are ranked one and six two, my earnings are $18.11

I cannot give hard and fast figures but that would mean I would need to post at least 100 articles to get close to $100 and that would be over the course of six months! I would envisage needing at least double that to get anywhere near the earnings I get on dooyoo.

I do not think ratings are linked to payment at all and there seems to be no correlation with ranking status and earning either. My top earner is my lowest ranked one and is on tips to pass a driving test!

On average any given article seems to earn between 1 and 8p per month with the majority at the lower scale and some earning nothing!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 15:46

Not gonna bother with the site based upoin what I have read here, sounds easier to whore myself out on Dooyoo if I was that bothered with the money.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 16:05

There are lots of writers who do well but have only one or two (or even none) stars for rating. Its up to you how much you rate. Rating is encouraged but not compulsory.

My top earning article is on $13.05 and earns over a £1 per month. Compare that to Doyoo where after all the regulars have read that review it is pretty much dormant unles a new member chances upon it.

I have quite a few articles that earn over a dollar per month and now I have lots on there I can sit back and reap the rewards for a while - the articles are earning while i do nothing.

Its not possible to say how much an article earns per read or just more generally - its a pretty complicated system. However, if you have articles you have posted elsewhere that only take a minute to cross post, then why not earn from another sie?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 17:06

ok, well if it is travel that is earning you £1 a month, I might be in with a chance then..!
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 17:22

helencbradshaw wrote:
ok, well if it is travel that is earning you £1 a month, I might be in with a chance then..!

Sometimes its surprising which ones earn - for example "The history of the rocking chair" and "how to look after opals" are big payers for me
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 21:04

Do you have to be active rating others or can you just post and run?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 21:57

funny enough I had an email from them tonight...some comp or other, it is a whole new language though...star raters, star writers, I have no idea what it all means!
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 22:49

helencbradshaw wrote:
funny enough I had an email from them tonight...some comp or other, it is a whole new language though...star raters, star writers, I have no idea what it all means!

I get that "update" every week. You do have to be very active to benefit from that one. To answer Rich's question though, you can post and run in theory.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 23:13

helencbradshaw wrote:

I'm on target to make an additional $300 at the end of the promotion
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 23:33

I cannot even remember how to post over there, it doesnt behave like a traditional consumer review site...
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Apr 2008, 23:47

It's easy, Helen.

Type http://www.dooyoo.co.uk into a browser and away you go!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 EmptyFri 04 Apr 2008, 22:45

OK I churned a few on...I wrote one reivew on a European City, which I had to add the category for - I got feedback that there was not enough "history" as a preamble - which I appreciate is a matter of taste, however it is still pending, and the rest are active, surely it cannot be rejected on those grounds...(not when you see half the reviews on there...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Earnings - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Earnings   Earnings - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Earnings
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next