www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CIAO EARNINGS.

Go down 
+18
krazykat2005
anonymili
sit2020
Minnitee
helencbradshaw
jo145
atticusuk
missy0303
Ailran
AimeeLouise18
Mum52
The Polar One
fabulous_girl
Louise90
jacpuss
sandemp
berlioz
Thingywhatsit
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 00:06

Ciao earnings seem to be going down the pan more and more. Mine stopped for a while, and I have had no surveys for about two weeks. My total earnings on ciao went up today by 13p. On the other hand, my earnings on dooyoo were about ten pounds in a week. Is anyone actually a member of ciao for earnings ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 01:08

Living in Finland, I don't have a bank account in the UK, so obviously I haven't received a cent from them since I began. So really writing is the only thing going for me at Ciao.
Back to top Go down
sandemp

sandemp

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-02-28

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 01:16

Well it would be nice to make at least a bit of dosh. Lately I've been finding that harder and harder...5 reviews and the grand total of £2 on Ciao. Same reviews have netted me nearly £20 on Dooyoo.
Back to top Go down
jacpuss

jacpuss

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-02-13

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 01:25

i only went up by 70p for a survey i done two months ago!!!

this is geting to be a joke..
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 01:30

Okay let's discuss. If money is not the thing that keeps us on a site like ciao, what does ?

In my case, I enjoy the contact with people, enjoy writing, enjoy feedback, and if it were not for that, I would probably not be on the site at all. What keeps you there ?
Back to top Go down
Louise90

Louise90

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2006-02-13

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 01:47

When I first joined Ciao in 2001 I did originally join for the money as payments were much, much better back then! I'm not there for the money now, although what little I do make helps a bit!

I'm predominantly there now for writing (although I've not done much of that lately!) and for the friendships I've made along the way. I know a lot of people on Ciao now and don't want to lose that.
Back to top Go down
http://167421.aceboard.net
fabulous_girl

fabulous_girl

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2006-03-06

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: hmmm   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 02:54

I am saving up all my earnings until I leave university just to see what a tiny dent it makes in my loan! I have just over a year to go until this time, but I'll see what happens just for an experiment more than anything! I do earn much more on dooyoo though, it has to be said. I'd get at leats a quid for a review on there, whereas I get about 25p on ciao! I just love reading, getting feedback on my own and chatting to my friends!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fabulous_girl85
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 03:38

berlioz wrote:
Living in Finland, I don't have a bank account in the UK, so obviously I haven't received a cent from them since I began. So really writing is the only thing going for me at Ciao.
That's dedication - hats off to ya.

As for this comparison between Dooyoo - what makes it earn more? I've never used the site and am curious. I didn't think they paid more. Do you get more reads??

CIAO EARNINGS. Thepolarone
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 12:26

Dooyoo pay 3p a member read, regardless of rating. No question marks, straight "this is what you get paid". If you win crown status, you get paid considerably more by one payment for the crown. They also pay in Amazon Vouchers so you could earn good money on there even though living abroad.
Back to top Go down
sandemp

sandemp

Number of posts : 62

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 15:48

I also get about the same number of reads on Dooyoo.
Back to top Go down
Mum52

Mum52

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 16:59

I've only had one paying survey (that worked) this year, for £1.30.

I don't write enough reviews to earn much that way.
Back to top Go down
The Polar One

The Polar One

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 16:59

Admin wrote:
Dooyoo pay 3p a member read, regardless of rating. No question marks, straight "this is what you get paid". If you win crown status, you get paid considerably more by one payment for the crown. They also pay in Amazon Vouchers so you could earn good money on there even though living abroad.
Cheers for that - I might yet try to double up. Give me a good reason to rewrite some of my reviews I'm less happy with.

CIAO EARNINGS. Thepolarone
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
AimeeLouise18

AimeeLouise18

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2006-03-09

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptySun 12 Mar 2006, 21:41

I've recently come back to ciao after quite an eventful and long absence and I'm back because I like writing and I love getting feedback.I am disappointed by the amount of feedback and sometimes the quality of the feedback, for example in a comment it's better to read something other than... a great review! lol even though it's a compliment to get a comment like that it still helps to get a little more thna that!

I am saving up the money that I am earning in there.I currently have £10 which has built up in my absence and from a couple of surveys I've completed.It's not going to change my life but it will help a little in the long run!

Aimee xxx
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 01:45

I hardly ever post on ciao these days, and had prety much left the site. I only popped on now and then to chat with people i knew on there. I concentrate on doing reviews for Dooyoo where it is more worthwhile and then i might post them on Ciao at a later date.

Ciao for me now is almost like a chat site and that is it. I spend far too much time tlaking to varous people and enjoy doing that.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyMon 13 Mar 2006, 02:02

hehe, you probably earned more on here with that one review than you did on ciao in the last month !!
Back to top Go down
missy0303

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-02

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 02:34

For the last couple of months my earnings on Ciao have been around the £10 mark so not making a fortune! whereas on Dooyoo I can easily make that same £10 in a week or a fortnight if i spent enough time on it!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 10:54

Think yourself fortunate !! Thats loads. Mine seem to be at a halt although my cafe one is a paid category !
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyTue 14 Mar 2006, 11:01

Ailran wrote:
I hardly ever post on ciao these days, and had prety much left the site. I only popped on now and then to chat with people i knew on there. I concentrate on doing reviews for Dooyoo where it is more worthwhile and then i might post them on Ciao at a later date.

Ciao for me now is almost like a chat site and that is it. I spend far too much time tlaking to varous people and enjoy doing that.

Same for me as I tend to cross post after first publishing on Dooyoo and also get to do the occasional survey.
Back to top Go down
jo145

jo145

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-03-06

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyFri 24 Mar 2006, 02:07

I haven't earned very much with surveys on Ciao for a long time. When I first started you would get about15p if you answered but didn't meet the criteria. Now I seem to answer about 15 questions and then "Sorry but you don't meet our clients needs" sort of remark! And not one penny for the time it has taken to get that far. bounce
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyFri 24 Mar 2006, 02:32

I don't make much on either site, although dooyoo has the edge since I rediscovered it.

How people make £10 a week on there is beyond me though. I thought I was doing well lately.

Or £10 a month on Ciao! I make about fourpence and a ha'penny.

I got a diamond in Jan though, so that was a quick tenner!

AND I have made £2.45 in surveys in the last few days...when it hits my account that is!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyFri 24 Mar 2006, 02:45

I can only hope that they will keep the 3p per read (or rate) on the UK dooyoo. I had a look on dooyoo Germany the other day and they have a 1-2-3 cent system for different categories.

I always earned more on dooyoo, I earned £4.50 on Ciao this year and more than four times as much on dooyoo.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyFri 24 Mar 2006, 10:18

jo145 wrote:
I haven't earned very much with surveys on Ciao for a long time. When I first started you would get about15p if you answered but didn't meet the criteria. Now I seem to answer about 15 questions and then "Sorry but you don't meet our clients needs" sort of remark! And not one penny for the time it has taken to get that far. bounce

If you have answered that many questions I would complain, I had the same experience and I complained as some of the questions asked for my opinion and shopping habits and went beyond normal filtering questions and afer a while they agreed to pay me.
Back to top Go down
badcompa

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyFri 24 Mar 2006, 11:25

Even the charity people didnt want my Ciao earnings !!!!
Back to top Go down
sit2020

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-04-23

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyMon 24 Apr 2006, 23:50

Lets be honest about this, for all the reasons listed, most joined for money then find the want to write harder, especially when the realisation that this will not make you rich sinks in. Some enjoy the coloured dots, I do not write that much but on an annual basis I find Christmas a little brighter thanks to ciao and dooyoo, the quickest way to earn is the boring paid daily searches, I do however find that the reading of reviews to be my biggest pleasure. So to those of you who write I thank you as if it was not for that I doubt I would visit ciao anywhere near as much, I would just stick to those boring searches.
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. EmptyFri 12 May 2006, 09:17

As sit2020 said, I agree that many people join Ciao thinking it's quick and easy money, but most who stay do so because they enjoy writing and the communication with other members. I joined Ciao for the surveys and didn't write a review for ages and that was quite a dire one at that. I didn't come back to the site for about 6 months and then saw the feedback on the review, read around other reviews and found I really enjoyed doing that and started writing more (and more and more) as well as updating some of my earlier reviews. I've earned maybe 40 quid on Ciao this year and slightly more than that on dooyoo. I do tend to get more reads on Ciao though so it does even it out a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CIAO EARNINGS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: CIAO EARNINGS.   CIAO EARNINGS. Empty

Back to top Go down

CIAO EARNINGS.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next