www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Rewards System in LIVE!

Go down 
+14
kenjohn
scream4bruce
spoilt_little_brat
marandina
dididave
clownfoot
berlioz
atticusuk
WendyBull
HotBabes
belfin
Jared
koshkha
CareBear
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2006-03-01

New Rewards System in LIVE! Empty
PostSubject: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyThu 20 Dec 2007, 18:10

Just so you guys know the new Dooyoo reward system is live. In a nutshell you get:

500 miles for posting a premium review (at least 150 words)
15 miles per read
1500 miles for a crown.

Speakers Corner ops will get 15miles per read but no posting bonus.

For a short while you'll still get 30 miles per read though - cos it's Christmas!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyThu 20 Dec 2007, 21:08

So that means if you currently get less than an average of 33 miles per review you'll do better out of the change and if you normally get more, you'll be worse off.

How the hell is that supposed to be an improvement?

Am I missing the point here. They halve the shares per read and it's supposed to be better? It just doesn't add up.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyThu 20 Dec 2007, 21:18

Just went to have a look. It looks pretty much like a license to CHURN.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyThu 20 Dec 2007, 21:57

Apparently about 80% of regular users will be better off with the new system. Dooyoo always used to pay for contributions and I guess they're going back to that.

Yes, it might seem like a licence to churn but ultimately dooyoo want the content. The slight delay when people come to cash out should stop abuse (cashing out will involve dooyoo checking accounts) but it won't stop what many refer to as churn..... Ultimately, though, it seems as though dooyoo want the churn, as long as it's not all bad!

And yes, it seems that the stats are such that if you regularly get more than 33 reads per review you'll be worse off BUT again, it's dooyoo's incentive to get people writing. I think it may well balance out as people are likely to do less reading as the money from "return reads" (gosh I hate that thought and concept) is likely to be less appealing. We may, therefore, see a drop in reads altogether.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 12:10

Pretty clear put, Carebear. I....don't really have much to add to that.

It is a change but you also have to remember that the old system pretty much worked best for you if you only posted once a day or until one of your opinions wasn't on the new reviews page anymore. For a site that wants to encourage people to write, we had to come up with something that actually did that.

And 80% is right. Look at it like this:
A regular user posts 3 reviews. One of them gets seen by everyone and earns lots of reads. The other two are in more obscure categories and one might barely get read at all. On average, they'll make more miles. So the new system is rewarding people for writing and not penalizing them for posting something that most people might have missed.

Hopefully I'm explaining that right. It's less miles per read but it's more miles automatically. Which adds up to more for a significant chunk of the community.
-Jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 13:28

Sadly I suspect a lot of members on this forum will be in the 20% who will be worse off rather than the 80% who'll benefit.

But dooyoo must doooooo whatever's best for their site and I think we'd all understand that.

Like all changes, we'll get used to it and soon we'll forget it was ever any different. But I personally don't want to write more reviews of lower quality. I'll just write the same stuff and accept the lower rewards. But it will just make the 'do I post on Ciao or dooyoo first?' decision more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 14:22

Totally understand. We'll be rolling out the "how to encourage quality" stuff later on in the New Year, but since I can't talk about those just yet, the less said the better.
Finding the balance between quality and quantity is always a tough call.
-Jared
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 14:25

When are you guys breaking for Christmas? I've bunged in a load of suggestions in the hopes of having plenty to write about over the holidays. Do you think they'll get approved in time?

Oh, and good to know there's a stage 2 in your plan. Sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 14:44

There's going to be some folks monitoring things over the Xmas break, but I'm not sure about the suggestions. If they're not done by close of business today, I'd say they'll show up after the Holiday. (I'll chase after them now though while I've got a minute or two.)

Oh and there's always a Stage 2, if not a Stage 3. We just can't change everything at once or our Tech team would explode.
-Jared
Back to top Go down
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 14:54

I'm another one that's going to be worse off as I'm averaging between 50 - 60 reads per review at the moment.

I'm also worried that the quality of reviews will go down and the site will suffer as more people write shorter and less knowledgable reviews to get their 50p per posting. Surely this just encourages people who post rubbish.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 15:46

Jared wrote:
There's going to be some folks monitoring things over the Xmas break, but I'm not sure about the suggestions. If they're not done by close of business today, I'd say they'll show up after the Holiday. (I'll chase after them now though while I've got a minute or two.)

Oh and there's always a Stage 2, if not a Stage 3. We just can't change everything at once or our Tech team would explode.
-Jared

Then how about extending the offer on the normal points for any suggestions made before they all go on hols!
Back to top Go down
HotBabes

HotBabes

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-03-02

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 16:09

I'll be worse off as well under the new system and it certainly doesn't encourage people to read reviews by others as they will earn from just posting. I can see Dooyoo's point about encouraging people to post but I agree with Belfin about shorter and less knowledgeable reviews.
Dooyoo don't obviously class me as an 'active member' just because I don't post that often despite being on the site every day and reading regularly so there is definitely no incentive for me to now post more often as it will be more effort for less reward.
Will be interesting to see how many others as worse off!
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 17:41

I think it is the same with everyhting, things change. and as K says we will soon become accustomed to it and will forget what it used to be like. I have not written for ages and am chomping at the bit to post now but just have so little time at the moment!
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 21 Dec 2007, 23:21

I'm surprised that some members who I thought would be keen on this are actually complaining via comment threads on Dooyoo, then again the 20% are the more active "reading and rating" members on sites like this and ae therefore more likely to realise they are worse off.

Maybe I'm missing something because I think it is more than 20% who are worse off and cartainly it does not matter what category I write in I usually find I get 50 to 60 reads per review. Still time to write and rate for now while you are getting the best of both worlds, bonus payments and 30 miles a read.

All together

"A churning we will go, a churning we will go, e i adio a churning we will go"
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 22 Dec 2007, 16:00

Doing a little calculation of my own, if I took 35 reads per review as a standard that swings either above or below, then my loss would not be very much. Of course this standard may also be a reflection that I've actually been more active recently than when I could let a review sit for two full weeks before posting a new review and get an average of 40 to 50 reads. Of course, in my case I still won't be able to become a churnbug as most of the stuff I review are of more obscure type and an increase in activity will mean I'll run out of stuff to review unless I have time to replenish my reviewing merchandise first.

But will have to see if this new system is going to effect people actually reading reviews and whether my reads will do a downward sprial. But I can live with this, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyTue 01 Jan 2008, 12:39

Volume up and no negative impact on reads so far, obviously miles are reduced but then we knew that would happen.

Think Dooyooo have been watching too many Gordon Brown budgets.
Back to top Go down
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptyFri 04 Jan 2008, 14:03

Just been back for a couple of days after been ill over Christmas but I'm not impressed by the fact that there are loads of short reviews by the same people taking up the majority of the new review pages.

Maybe the list has been doubled on each page but writers who only write even one review a day are hard to find between the list of the churners. How can this improve the quality of the site.

Also noticed that said churners don't appear to be doing much reading and rating and are still profitting. Is this fair to the people who take time out to read a variety of reviews on a regular basis? I don't particularly mind if someone I read doesn't read me back as long as they are reading other reviews around the site but that doesn't seem to be happening with certain members.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 00:40

Of course it's not fair but it's beneficial to dooyoo. It will be interesting to see if they will still put their hands in their pockets for a similar number of crowns every week or whether those will be cut back to pay for all those 50p payouts to people who write one paragraph.

I just got £7 on Ciao for my December reviews (normally used to get just £2 or occasionally £5). At that sort of level, there's less margin between the payback for the two sites than there used to be.
Back to top Go down
clownfoot

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-22

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 12:17

Holy monkey lords of woe! Someone has posted 44 reviews in just under a day...
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 12:31

clownfoot wrote:

Thats what you call dedication lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 13:12

dididave wrote:
clownfoot wrote:

Thats what you call dedication lol!

Now 51 in 2 days and still going. Ratings: 22 VU/60 U/26 SU/1 NU. Hmmmmm.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 13:43

Wow, an average of TWO reads per review. They must feel so proud of getting so much feedback.

But if that's what dooyoo wants, they'll no doubt be happy and the writer will bank their 53p a review quite happily.

Jared - if you are passing by, is this REALLY what dooyoo had in mind?
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 16:03

65 now.....
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 17:25

koshkha wrote:
Wow, an average of TWO reads per review. They must feel so proud of getting so much feedback.

But if that's what dooyoo wants, they'll no doubt be happy and the writer will bank their 53p a review quite happily.

Jared - if you are passing by, is this REALLY what dooyoo had in mind?

Dooyoo staff are MIA, presumably till Monday.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! EmptySat 05 Jan 2008, 18:54

I wish I had 44 reviews to post every day. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rewards System in LIVE!   New Rewards System in LIVE! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Rewards System in LIVE!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next