www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Louis Theroux: Behind Bars

Go down 
+2
marandina
lisa2062
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

Louis Theroux: Behind Bars Empty
PostSubject: Louis Theroux: Behind Bars   Louis Theroux: Behind Bars EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 19:34

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7181055.stm, don't forget this is on tonight on BBC2 at 9pm. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
marandina

marandina

Number of posts : 736
Registration date : 2006-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Louis Theroux: Behind Bars   Louis Theroux: Behind Bars EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 20:36

I'll be watching. It looks like it'll be really interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.casheroonie.com
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Louis Theroux: Behind Bars   Louis Theroux: Behind Bars EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 02:34

While being interesting, I thought it almost glamorised prison life, with even the guard admitting that its better inside than out - seemed a little much!
The guy with 500odd years and 11 life sentences - that's just crazy!
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Louis Theroux: Behind Bars   Louis Theroux: Behind Bars EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 11:55

liz1102 wrote:
While being interesting, I thought it almost glamorised prison life, with even the guard admitting that its better inside than out - seemed a little much!
The guy with 500odd years and 11 life sentences - that's just crazy!

There seemed to be a lot of happy people in there didn't there! The racial gangs thing was interesting. The white bloke segregated from thr groups for his own safety for not stabbing someone after they borrowed dominoes of a black guy!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Louis Theroux: Behind Bars   Louis Theroux: Behind Bars EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 13:37

I was quite surprised how jolly it all was and very out of keeping with most people's perception of the US jail system. I suspect there was a lot of careful selection of the prisoners to select only the ones that were happy, jolly, resigned and getting on with it.

For me the most surprising wasn't the guy with 521 +11 life sentecnes (who after all knew he did it and he deserved it) but the young black guy who swore blind he was innocent and STILL seemed fairly content to get on with doing his time.

They only touched v. lightly on the sex-offenders (the guy who's crime was 'to let a DEMON take over my life') and I thought that was something that was a bit too rich for the BBC's stomach.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Louis Theroux: Behind Bars   Louis Theroux: Behind Bars EmptyTue 15 Jan 2008, 14:15

I dont like this guy so I missed it. Doesnt sound like I missed much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Louis Theroux: Behind Bars   Louis Theroux: Behind Bars Empty

Back to top Go down

Louis Theroux: Behind Bars
Page 1 of 1