www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What you think of adding images to reviews?

Go down 
+3
helencbradshaw
missy0303
masterblaster1982
7 posters
AuthorMessage
masterblaster1982

masterblaster1982

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-03-12

What you think of adding images to reviews? Empty
PostSubject: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 14:30

i always add 4-6 pics on my ps2 game reviews. hopefully i get more reads

1) Do you think that reviews with images get more reads that ones that dont?

2) Have/do you give a better rating for reviews that have some images?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps2review.co.uk
missy0303

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-02

PostSubject: Re: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 15:46

It really depends on the subject you are writing on I think........for instance if you were writing a travel review, then I would assume that adding pictures would attract more reads....but then again it all depends on the content!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 15:58

masterblaster1982 wrote:

No and no..

I think images are fun, and in travel they can be inspirational, but for some products they are not necessary, and would be unlikely to sway my choice to read or rate
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 16:51

I wouldn't consider reviews with images to really garner more reads than those without. I sometimes add pictures for some of my anime reviews so that people can see what style to expect, but it's not something that I can personally see as making any difference to my other reviews. And as far as rating goes they are a non-factor.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 18:26

I dont think that pictures add a significant amount of reads to a review...I never bother but then im just lazy...
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 18:46

For the right review they are useful but for a product like crisps then I could do without it and it certainly would not impact on my rating or reading of the review.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 22:46

masterblaster1982 wrote:

NO for Q.1
YES for Q.2

I'd agree on the travel/destinations reviews IF they have been written to an excellent standard.

In general though and with the nature of products changing all the time, I still apply photos to all my reviews. Not in the hope that I'll get a better rating but just to show closer photos of the product which Ciao have put on, so that other consumers can look out for what they have just read or photos which show a product which has been updated. This reminds me largely of the car reviews on Ciao - some of them for example show older models - let's take the Nissan Micra for example, which only exists on 1.2 and 1.4 Ciao review options - the car shown is the previous model and not the current one on sale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you think of adding images to reviews?   What you think of adding images to reviews? Empty

Back to top Go down

What you think of adding images to reviews?
Page 1 of 1