www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?

Go down 
+8
atticusuk
berlioz
Digbycat
helencbradshaw
CareBear
Angus
dididave
Thingywhatsit
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

I nominate when a review gives all the information needed.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_lcap36%HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 8 ]
I don't nominate. I am too shy or have no confidence
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_lcap0%HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't nominate for other reasons
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_lcap0%HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I nominate but not often
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_lcap55%HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 12 ]
I nominate and tell people that I have nominated
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_lcap9%HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Empty
PostSubject: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 16:27

A member suggested that we have a poll on how often you nominate reviews and back it up perhaps with what reasons you would nominate one. What indeed makes a crownworthy review ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 16:48

I nominate anything that includes everything I need to know to decide whether to buy or use something. The review must be a majority of personal opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 17:08

Rarely because most of the reviews are lame, some are made up and few are factually correct.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 18:06

Last edited by on Thu 23 Mar 2006, 20:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 18:09

Define it any way you want to really.

I really do not want a conversation with you which will turn into an argument.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 18:36

Last edited by on Thu 23 Mar 2006, 20:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 18:38

You're right.
Back to top Go down
CareBear

CareBear

Number of posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 18:43

I do nominate but it is rare. Opinions rarely cover the points I would like covered and/or sufficient personal info to help me make a decision.

There's a fine line between a long op with loads of spec and an informative op. Similarly, personal opinion is not, in my opinion, what you were wearing when you bought the item, rather how it functions in use and how YOU use it.

There are a lot of opinions out there where you could genuninely question whether the reviewer had used the product as they are certainly not giving you anything to suspect that they have. It is possible to write an op without ever having seen the item in question such is the wealth of available info on the net.
Back to top Go down
Turtlewi

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 18:51

I don't nominate, because I rarely rate. I just post and run on Dooyoo.

I still can't feel guilty about it, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 19:32

I have nominated very few reviews on dooyoo, but if they fit all the criteria, I do nominate them. Personal experience counts more than lists to me and sometimes reviews give all the necessary information whilst being brief.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 22:16

I nominate but not often. I actually nominate more often now since I heard it was more important, and I heard there was a trigger level! Before that, I thought guides read what they could and provided some suggestions for crowns

But I am intrigued as to the poll options - why would anyone be too shy to nominate? It doesn't show up for other members anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 22:19

I have spoken to several members on dooyoo that are relatively new, and each said that they did not feel qualified to nominate and were too shy.
Back to top Go down
Digbycat

Digbycat

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 01:05

I think I've only nominated about half a dozen times, but have gone back and checked they've all had crowns!

Its almost as rare as me giving an E on ciao
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 09:36

I nominate only rarely. I don't have any kind of factual or "this review tells you everything" criteria, but take nominating on a gut feeling. If a review makes me feel "yeah, now that was a review!" then I'll nominate, but it doesn't happen often. But I never tell the reviewer that I have nominated. tongue
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 10:09

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I have spoken to several members on dooyoo that are relatively new, and each said that they did not feel qualified to nominate and were too shy.

Too shy to use an anonymous system?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 10:12

Quote :

Yes believe it or not. Perhaps shy is the wrong word, nervous may be more correct. They feel they don't want to do something wrong after the big fraud enquiry. I have explained that if they think that a review is fit for a crown, they have the same right as any other member to nominate.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 15:22

dididave wrote:
Thingywhatsit wrote:

Haaaa Haaaaa!

So sharp you will cut yourself one day.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 15:50

TBH if your not secureenough not to trust yourself to push a button well...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 15:54

I don;t think that's a fair comment. People involved "by error" in the investigation against dooyoo members are nervous because they do not want to be associated with crime. They will gain their confidence back with the passage of time I am sure.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 16:03

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I don;t think that's a fair comment. People involved "by error" in the investigation against dooyoo members are nervous because they do not want to be associated with crime. They will gain their confidence back with the passage of time I am sure.

If you know you are innocent then you should not be nervous. No point being a member if you are not going to do the things membership allows.
Back to top Go down
tractor-boy

tractor-boy

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 22:44

I nominate rarely, but when I do I always tell the person as i realise a nomination from me is special to those lucky enough to recieve them.
Back to top Go down
arnoldhenryrufus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 22:50

I nominate when I have enjoyed what is written - lyn x
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyThu 23 Mar 2006, 13:16

Tous les temps!
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyThu 23 Mar 2006, 19:09

Not much !
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? EmptyThu 23 Mar 2006, 20:19

I rarely nominate, maybe once a week if at all, though did nominate last night. And I certainly don't write under a review that I nominated.

Personally I like the element of surprise when you see a crown next to your review. I had crowns for reviews I never thought would get them, and the ones I could imagine getting them didn't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ?   HOW OFTEN DO YOU NOMINATE ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next