www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

updating reviews.

Go down 
+3
Deru
berlioz
Thingywhatsit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptySat 15 Apr 2006, 11:23

I am wondering why on ciao people are so keen to revise their reviews to get better ratings, and on dooyoo, don't seem to bother. It's a shame, cos many members can give valuable input but don't. I thought maybe its because SH doesn't pay on ciao and people want payment, but in the majority of cases I know on ciao, they did it because they wanted better ratings and wanted to improve. Surely members of dooyoo do too, but perhaps we aren't telling them the incentive and thus doing the site a disservice. Not sure. What do others feel ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptySat 15 Apr 2006, 17:53

Well, don't know about anybody else, but whenever I revise or update a review is to make the review itself more helpful for any future consumer who chances to stumble on them, and I'd hate to provide information that does not adequately convey what I want it to. This behaviour would be the same on Ciao and Dooyoo.

But if you mean why don't new members revise on Dooyoo but do on Ciao, then don't really know. Perhaps the dooyooites just don't care about it. Or maybe revising old opinions just feels pointless enough if nobody goes back to read them...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptySat 15 Apr 2006, 18:12

Here I was actually writing about current reviews where members have offered to rerate.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Deru

Deru

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-02-28

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptySat 15 Apr 2006, 21:27

Less of the community thing on Dooyoo. On Ciao, loads more people leave comments like "if you update/add/revise this, I'll be happy to re-rate", which probably makes people want to do that.

Plus they get paid no matter what the rating.

I revise mine if I think something is missing that's worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dels-ebooks.co.uk
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 15:24

I would love if it was
0p for NU
1p for SU
3p for U
5p for VU

50 VU in a row-50p
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 15:29

butters wrote:
I would love if it was
0p for NU
1p for SU
3p for U
5p for VU

50 VU in a row-50p

Can you imagine the cries of 'abuse' that would happen if that were the case?
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 16:00

butters wrote:
I would love if it was
0p for NU
1p for SU
3p for U
5p for VU

50 VU in a row-50p

ROFLMAO!

Oh my, the tears are streaming down my face thinking of the comments I would get from penny pinching muppets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 16:12

sirg0508 wrote:
Actually this subject was brought up by the Guides because it used to be the case that when you updated a review it would go to the top of your review list so anyone coming to visit your profile would see that review and more likely rate it.

Now when you update a review (and most of the time it will be really dire ones at the bottom) then what would be the point in updating when no one will see it? Yes it would help the potential consumers but you'd get nothing for it if no one notices.

Dooyoo have said there are no plans to reimplement that though (i.e. putting the reviews at the top) so really if you are updating then mostly it is to help consumers than yourself.

D Smile

OOh, exactly. I spent ages updating my review on a certain TV programme as it was a pile of crap when I wrote it on joining, I turned it into what I thought would be a VU and no-one saw it! Ha Ha, teach me won't it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 16:13

butters wrote:
I would love if it was
0p for NU
1p for SU
3p for U
5p for VU

50 VU in a row-50p

Wouldn't that be nice, and yes, Angus I could see the potential for a few pee'd off members when you got let loose on the rating!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptySat 20 May 2006, 10:11

sirg0508 wrote:
Actually this subject was brought up by the Guides because it used to be the case that when you updated a review it would go to the top of your review list so anyone coming to visit your profile would see that review and more likely rate it.

Now when you update a review (and most of the time it will be really dire ones at the bottom) then what would be the point in updating when no one will see it? Yes it would help the potential consumers but you'd get nothing for it if no one notices.

Dooyoo have said there are no plans to reimplement that though (i.e. putting the reviews at the top) so really if you are updating then mostly it is to help consumers than yourself.

D Smile

In that instance I think Ciao's system is better in that you can choose whether you bump the review on top or not. I have in the past done some major reworking on old reviews and just pushed them to the top of the list, but then there are those reviews that I have just been tweaking a little (little factual errors, spelling mistakes) that are not substantial enough to notice as being updates.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. EmptySat 20 May 2006, 13:17

berlioz wrote:
In that instance I think Ciao's system is better in that you can choose whether you bump the review on top or not. I have in the past done some major reworking on old reviews and just pushed them to the top of the list, but then there are those reviews that I have just been tweaking a little (little factual errors, spelling mistakes) that are not substantial enough to notice as being updates.

I think that would work because i want to bump all my older reviews up. Is there any way at all to do it on dooyoo-contact them of something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

updating reviews. Empty
PostSubject: Re: updating reviews.   updating reviews. Empty

Back to top Go down

updating reviews.
Page 1 of 1