www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Big Brother 7 - TV

Go down 
+17
badcompany77
tractor-boy
kgray71
Louise90
ben100100100509
Mauri
Thingywhatsit
atticusuk
James564
Mr Roy
krazykat2005
helencbradshaw
Angus
WendyBull
spoilt_little_brat
drewboy
Cerberus
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 01:17

OMG!!!! I hate it already.Ibiza must be empty now.The guy with Torettes hit it on the head.Wankers!
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 01:18

Cerberus wrote:
OMG!!!! I hate it already.Ibiza must be empty now.The guy with Torettes hit it on the head.Wankers!

Yet, the nation will of course still watch it.

(may I take this opportunity to confirm that I in no way know Shabaz, I have never seen him on the scene here in Glasgow - yuk)
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 12:23

Im in love with this years big brother already!!!! loving Shabaz!!
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 13:17

It's the usual set of weirdo's who will love and hate each other and have me addicted by the end of the show tonight! lol x
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 13:45

i think they have made a mistake in the mix with too many characters.

This will make good viewing and excellent action but I think it will get sulky very quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 14:36

spoilt_little_brat wrote:

Seriously? I cannot stand him.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 14:47

drewboy wrote:

Seriously? I cannot stand him.

Loathe is the word I use.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 15:54

sirg0508 wrote:

Btw - I probably talk like him too (maybe not so enthusiastically) but generally don't listen to myself tongue

D Smile

But you aint from Glasgow, so how is it you would talk like him?! I don;t even talk like him and I have been living here for 8yrs!
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 15:58

I think the Scottish accent is easy to istem to, especially the East Coast side. Wink

The "Thick" Glasweigian accent is hard to understand, circa Rabbsy Nesbbit (spelling sucks.) but the Australian version like Braveheart has to be the best.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 16:03

Angus wrote:
I think the Scottish accent is easy to istem to, especially the East Coast side. Wink

The "Thick" Glasweigian accent is hard to understand, circa Rabbsy Nesbbit (spelling sucks.) but the Australian version like Braveheart has to be the best.

Rab C Nesbit was the extreme from here, there are very few that actually talk like that. Thought there are some.....!

And do NOT get me started on braveheart........... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 16:15

The Welsh one winds me up the most! No offence meant! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 16:18

sirg0508 wrote:

I pick up accents too easily - stick me in Ardrossan for a week and it's like i'm a local!!

D Smile

*shudders*
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 16:33

sirg0508 wrote:
Quite a few Glaswegians in my Uni classes and they seem to talk 'normal' but on TV it just accentuates it so badly.

D Smile

To be fair, if it is River City you are thinking of, that really is just bad acting.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 20:28

i have a really bad Glasgow accent but i pick up local accents really easily. my mum hated my accent and put my in elecution (sp?) lessons when i was younger, but as soon as i left home I picked up the Glasgow accent again!!!!

Yeah I do love him Drew!! I have a soft spot for scottish gay men!! no joke! And the camper the better in my eyes!
Back to top Go down
Cerberus

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2006-04-15

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:31

Me,with my repputation for homophobia,write about Big Brother...More camp than Butlins!!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:39

I pick up accents (and dialect) very easily too.

That said, I spent 13 years in Ayrshire and I never say "d'ya ken?" Shocked

When I left England, within three months, strangers I might be talking to on the phone thought I was Scottish. ( I worked for Direct Line at the time, so this happened many times a day!)

When I worked in Australia and came home, many people thought I was Australian and people still said that to me 3 years after coming home (To Scotland!) In fact, now I work for an Australian the whole "how ya going..." thing is creeping back in!

Others couldn't put their finger on it, and asked if I was South African!

Everytime I went back to Australia after a month home, my boss laughingly said I had come back all Pommy..

When I spend a weekend at my best friends' house in Stirling I can even hear the difference in my own accent (like West Coast Scotland v East Coast)

And to cap it all, now I am in England again, people keep thinking I am from YORKSHIRE! affraid

I love accents, I could study them for hours. Smile

I think they get over stereotyped too, as often it is the 'dialect', and not the accent we hear.

My next door neighbour (In England) are also from Scotland. I mistook them for East Coast (Aberdeen almost) accent, when in fact they are Glasgow also. The posh South Side, not the mythical Rab C.

It's funny, given that very few people actually pin point my ACTUAL place of birth that so much is made of accents. It is so unlike say Australia, where I found it quite hard to tell a Sydneysider from someone from Perth (but easy to tell someone from the country, versus someone from the city)

And while dialect might be a "class" thing that we British are all too precious over, why anyone can love or hate anyone on grounds of their accent, quite frankly, beats me.

Unless they are in BB, in which case I play my "Have you no Standards at all??" card....!!!! No
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:40

Yeah I do love him Drew!! I have a soft spot for scottish gay men!! no joke! And the camper the better in my eyes!

Well, so do I but I would imagine in a different way....but not the camp ones...!
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:43

Helen wrote:
It's funny, given that very few people actually pin point my ACTUAL place of birth that so much is made of accents.

Well, I couldn't place your accent but it was def an English one, a northern one at that. However it was quite a soft accent.

Would you have said mine was Glasweigan though? (certainly not the same as that twat on BB anyway)
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:53

drewboy wrote:
Helen wrote:
It's funny, given that very few people actually pin point my ACTUAL place of birth that so much is made of accents.

Well, I couldn't place your accent but it was def an English one, a northern one at that. However it was quite a soft accent.

Would you have said mine was Glasweigan though? (certainly not the same as that twat on BB anyway)

Well I won't watch BB so I won't make comparisons!

I knew you were from Stirling, and I think the East Coast accent/dialect is a lot softer than the harsher accent of Glasgow/Ayrshire! Just like my friend's family, who are from Alva.

You know I went to my school (clue in there somewhere) reunion in 2004, and one of my classmates actually said to me "Are you Scottish!!!!" I said no you loon, I went to school with YOU!!!

If I hear my own voice on say a recording(CRINGE) , I can see why people would think Yorkshire actually. I don't sound like the people from school or it would not have been so strange to hear their accents after 10 years away (the first school reunion). And after all I am from a mere 14 or so miles away...but we have a mountain range in between!

I just don't have much of a problem with accents. to the point that someone will say "oh that person is Scottish/South
African/Australian/American/Polish and I haven't actually noticed..

We probably need a new thread as we are so OT for BB now, and I aint watching that!
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 21:56

Helen wrote:
I knew you were from Stirling

Well, Falkirk really though my family are from there - could have just been the effect of all that wine Wink

but ahem, yeah.... on topic and all that!
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2006-04-24

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 22:41

I was born in Paisley just outside Glasgow, but I don't sound awful... Sad

My accent isn't very broad though and most people guess Edinburgh or the surrounding area when I tell them to guess where I am from.
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 23:04

In a roundabout way I suppose... Razz

Before I moved here three years ago I had lived in Fallingbostel (on three separate occasions), Paderborn, Gutersloh and in Hohne, which are all in Germany. I have also live in Barrhead and Edinburgh in Scotland. And I have lived in Catterick Garrison, Brixton, Tidworth and Dishforth in England.

So I have contributed to making half of Europe mini-Scotlad.... Razz
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 23:06

We have a Highland Gathering in the summer, with Pipe Bands and a fair and Highland Dancing.

I tend to get very drunk and abuse the English... in the nicest possible way obviously Embarassed
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 23:21

krazykat2005 wrote:
We have a Highland Gathering in the summer, with Pipe Bands and a fair and Highland Dancing.

I tend to get very drunk and abuse the English... in the nicest possible way obviously Embarassed

Yet the English don't abuse the Scots...well not in the last 250 years anyway!
Back to top Go down
krazykat2005

krazykat2005

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV EmptyFri 19 May 2006, 23:28

Quote :
Yet the English don't abuse the Scots

I get quite enough abuse off of my partner, or anyone who follows football. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Big Brother 7 - TV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Big Brother 7 - TV   Big Brother 7 - TV Empty

Back to top Go down

Big Brother 7 - TV
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next