www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting thought

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Interesting thought Empty
PostSubject: Interesting thought   Interesting thought EmptyWed 13 Sep 2006, 02:36

This occured to me after posting a review on Final Destination 3. The only place i had to do a film only review of the thing was in a section where it said two disc edition. Now as this actually specified a two disc edition of the film should a film only review been down rated as it doesnt fulfill the category heading at all. In fact should their even be an option for a film only review of a film/DVd that specifies it is a special edition/directors cut/two disc version etc.

My feeling would be that you shouldnt do that, but would be interested in what others may say!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thought   Interesting thought EmptyWed 13 Sep 2006, 08:52

Knowing that the titles on ciao are questionable at best and that they do give you the option of a film only review, then you are entitled to write a film only review. I see your point, but one disc or two, does it matter at the end of the day IF YOU PRESS THE FILM ONLY OPTION ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thought   Interesting thought EmptyThu 14 Sep 2006, 02:31

But do they give you a film only choice because they would find it really nigh on impossible to actually change that option in their database? It isnt something I will ever worry about personally but it is something that just popped into my mind because I dont see how you could justify doing a film only review on something that says it is more than just a film.

I'm not going to rate someone down for it, and like I said i have just done exactly what I am talking about, but you would think that if a consumer has a choice between reading a review on, for example, The Godfather or The Godfather special two disc edition then they would rightly expect to see a difference in the reviews on each page. I think I would!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting thought   Interesting thought Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting thought
Page 1 of 1