www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much thought...

Go down 
+2
Thingywhatsit
dididave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

How much thought... Empty
PostSubject: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyTue 13 Jun 2006, 11:13

do you put into your rating? I have found myself having a look at the claims made in reviews for say an Internet site before pressing the rating button (i.e if it says free subscription and no registration and then requires both). Is this taking rating too far?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyTue 13 Jun 2006, 14:44

If you know that something within a review is wrong, mark it as such and explain. No problem for me at all, and if it's something the consumer needs to know, even moreso.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 15 Jun 2006, 21:22

I guess you could say it was not helpful, but if the rest of the info was ok and accurate then it could be somewhat helpful or helpful. You could even still feel it was very helpful and just point out the mistake to the writer.

It really would depend how you wanted to rate and how you tend to rate in general. Some tend to rate more VH and some naturally give out H as the norm. But I would say for myself I would have to drop the rating for that reason but would only feel it fair to tell the writer why so they could correct it.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 15 Jun 2006, 21:34

I don't think too much really. I just read the review and just stop for a few seconds to see if something has been missed. Unless i plan to use the website i will not check. However, if i think of something a few hours later i will find the review and rerate.

Recently i rate harsher though. Not to be mean though-it's just that i didn't like being too mean but now i think people rate me fair, so why not the other way round.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 23:16

butters wrote:
Recently i rate harsher though. Not to be mean though-it's just that i didn't like being too mean but now i think people rate me fair, so why not the other way round.

Me too. I recently transferred from ciao to dooyoo with my 'ciao-blanket' still on. Dooyoo is a more honest site than ciao where the normal rating is 'very helpful'. When I first started I handed these out to reviews that should realistically have been given a lower rating (e.g helpful or SH), but now I rate fairly, I think, rather than rating 'nicely', and people do the same to me on Dooyoo.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 23:18

I think honesty pays in the long run, and yes, dooyoo make it simpler by paying the person for whatever the rate.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 23:29

Yeah, that's very true. On ciao, better ratings equal more chance of winning higher amounts of money so people rate highly to get higher ratings in return. On dooyoo that's not the case so people rate a lot more fairly. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 23:33

Dooyoo means people think less about ratings since people get paid anyway-and created churners morein my opinion. hands up who thinks ciao is better though-i still love dooyoo best
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 23:38

I like dooyoo too - I think people are a lot more honest on there. Saying that, there as some really good members on ciao as well. People who are on both sites tend to write the best reviews for some reason. Anyone else found that?
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 23:51

My normal rate is H.

I look at a review and if the layout is not to my liking, I flick through and rate it H.

If it grabs my attention and makes me want to read it and is good, it gets a VH

if it is too long and a bit to anal, it gets an H.

If I am in a bad mood and I do not like the writer, it gets a NU with a sarcastic comment and a death threat email and I add them to my COF just in case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyThu 06 Jul 2006, 23:56

LMAO...
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 00:22

Angus wrote:
My normal rate is H.

I look at a review and if the layout is not to my liking, I flick through and rate it H.

If it grabs my attention and makes me want to read it and is good, it gets a VH

if it is too long and a bit to anal, it gets an H.

If I am in a bad mood and I do not like the writer, it gets a NU with a sarcastic comment and a death threat email and I add them to my COF just in case.
You like me, you really like me.Smile

I write on both but i like dooyoo better due to honesty and it being easier to navigate. My favouritemembers also write on there most too.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... EmptyFri 07 Jul 2006, 08:42

Quote :
My normal rate is H.

I have heard this expression so many times from different members and don't agree with it. By going into reading a review with any pre-conception of what you are going to rate is a little closed minded to my way of thinking. Ihave no preconception of either writer or review any more. Admit I made mistakes in the past, but each review I read now is read with an open mind, and the only site which worries me is epinions where I don't go much and where advisors seem to use VH as a level on work I find mediocre at best. Every review to me now on other sites is a new experience and I treat it as such and if its crap, rate it as such. The thing is that my experience of Dooyoo has taught me that honesty actually helps, but justifying low comments in a pleasant and informative manner is my way. I am not saying it's the right way, but it is for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much thought...   How much thought... Empty

Back to top Go down

How much thought...
Page 1 of 1