www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Feedback On...

Go down 
+4
Thingywhatsit
helencbradshaw
koshkha
Chuchy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chuchy

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-01-15

Member Feedback On... Empty
PostSubject: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 19:10

Hi All,

This is my first post. Thanks to the person who suggested this forum. It's something I always thought was missing from Ciao.

My last review got heavily criticized (by some of you but no hard feelings, honest!) for not being 'fully comprehensive'. The review appeared in Internet/Ciao/Member Feedback on/Rewards on Ciao. I didn’t write about all the rewards on Ciao because I considered it to be a wide subject area, which I narrowed down to a topic, clearly reflected in my title. In other words, I regarded ‘Rewards on Ciao’ as a sub-category within Member Feedback where members can post their relevant feedback comments. Other people obviously see this very differently.

Perhaps there’s something fundamentally wrong with my perception of all this? Can somebody please enlighten me, as I’m more than a bit confused at the moment.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 19:18

I think that you might get this posting removed when the moderator sees it as the rules include not talking about any specific review or writer.

However, I think that writing about just one aspect of the rewards available on ciao is a bit like only writing about the alloy wheels on a car review and missing out the rest of the car.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 19:19

Oh and I forgot to say 'Welcome to RWF' - I hope you'll find it interesting and fun.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 19:29

Chuchy wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first post. Thanks to the person who suggested this forum. It's something I always thought was missing from Ciao.

My last review got heavily criticized (by some of you but no hard feelings, honest!) for not being 'fully comprehensive'. The review appeared in Internet/Ciao/Member Feedback on/Rewards on Ciao. I didn’t write about all the rewards on Ciao because I considered it to be a wide subject area, which I narrowed down to a topic, clearly reflected in my title. In other words, I regarded ‘Rewards on Ciao’ as a sub-category within Member Feedback where members can post their relevant feedback comments. Other people obviously see this very differently.

Perhaps there’s something fundamentally wrong with my perception of all this? Can somebody please enlighten me, as I’m more than a bit confused at the moment.

You have the absolute right to write as you see fit in a "Member Feedback category" However other members also have the right to rate as they wish. So you will probably get a spread of rates (as these kind of Ciao categories usually get a good spread of rates anyway)

welcome from me too..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 19:41

We don't normally talk about reviews specifically, although I think in this instance as you brought up your own review and wanted members feedback, we shall leave this thread alone at the moment. If you tackle a huge subject like Rewards at Ciao, there are many that need tackling rather than dwelling on just one area. I actually found the input of thought about diamonds quite helpful as I enjoy seeing how other people think they are achieved, although in this case could not rate more than H since it only covered a little tiny part of what was asked in the subject matter.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 19:52

Oh and welcome to the site as well !!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:10

Welcome to the site also. Haven't seen your review, but in some ways it was similar to mine on Tresemme. Basically I was reviewing a shampoo, but instead of suggesting that product, I posted under the Tresemme heading. Understandibly some people rated it helpful, as the expected my review to cover the range of products. If I was reading a review on rewards, I would want to know what they all were, and a members thoughts on them. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:18

You will always get a range of ratings on the site and my general advice is to not worry about them but to write a review based upon what you believe to be the relevant information and more importantly to enjoy yourself after all this is just a hobby.

Alternatively if you want to learn something then go and read all of my reviews, I need the cash. bom bom

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:20

atticusuk wrote:
You will always get a range of ratings on the site

I think it's more accurate to say that you "should always".
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:21

Quote :
Alternatively if you want to learn something then go and read all of my reviews, I need the cash.

Shameless.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:29

The broadband doesn't pay for itself you know... Laughing
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:33

scream4bruce wrote:
The broadband doesn't pay for itself you know... Laughing

Use next doors......let them pay for it... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:34

I'd have a job doing that. I have no neighbours !
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:36

Ah well, you'll have to pay for your own..

Of course some neighbours are plain inconsiderate. They turn it off before you are finished doing what you need to, and some even try and secure their network so you cannot use it. how rude.. Wink
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:38

Maybe if you ask politely then

that's when good neighbours become good friends...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:39

Getting back on topic now, as this is a new members quest. If you read a review on a specific topic and the review only touched on a small part of that topic, would you rate it down and what would be your reasoning. Do you think members should have the choice about what they write about in topics and freedom of being able to write about a small part of a given topic ? Should ratings reflect the differing views of members and should they be penalised for only covering a small area of the topic in question ?

Think I got that right
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:45

"rate it down"? It would be rated appropriately, and of course, completely dependant on what the review offers. If people get what they want from it, it'll do well and if it doesn't offer what people want, it won't.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:47

Quote :
"rate it down"? It would be rated appropriately, and of course, completely dependant on what the review offers. If people get what they want from it, it'll do well and if it doesn't offer what people want, it won't.

Okay inappropriate description. I knew what I meant but am not that good at explaining things. Would you think it less than helpful ?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:47

It depends on context..For instance if I was reading a series of reviews called "Member Advice on ......." (ailment, or whatever these topics are), then I tihnk it is perfectly valid that people will have different experiences and no one can cover a member advice on topic to the fullest extent, and indeed when they do, these are not necessarily the best reviews...

So I would rate on how useful it is to me, at that time, and in the context of why I was reading it (i.e. researching, or just reading for readings sake as it were). So my context is different to anyone else's context.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:51

Member advice on "ciao" topics are an abnormality in a sense. After all a review that told me everything I already know about Ciao, is actually not useful at all, when you think about it...I appreciate the theory would be these would be for new members, but whether people learn by reading them or learn by doing is also a factor.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:52

I think people "learn" by copying what other people do, which is why stuff like dot chasing, over-rating and the like are so prevalent. By the time people generally discover the "Member advice on Ciao" cats, they've already picked up the bad habits.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:54

Quote :
I think people "learn" by copying what other people do, which is why stuff like dot chasing, over-rating and the like are so prevalent. By the time people generally discover the "Member advice on Ciao" cats, they've already picked up the bad habits.

But isn't that true in life in general Aaron (hope it was you that posted this time or perhaps I am ready for retirement). Peer example is shown in all walks of life, so ciao is no different is it ?
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:00

Yes, it is true and completely normal behaviour...(the whole topic made up six months of my mba...!!)

Which does beg the question why would a review that didnt cover the ins and outs of dots, ratings, payments, COT, abuse, etc actually be incomplete - because we all know all that stuff already...(and not by reading these reviews for the most part0€

they are an anomaly - if I wrote about my experience with arthritis, say, (in theory, I dont have it), and someone else did. you would expect both of these reviews to be very different and both could be equally valid to someone with arthritis.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:00

Thingywhatsit wrote:
But isn't that true in life in general Aaron (hope it was you that posted this time or perhaps I am ready for retirement). Peer example is shown in all walks of life, so ciao is no different is it ?

I'm not sure what that has to do with the assumption that "Member advice on Ciao" cats are for newbies, but yes, peer example is one method by which people can learn although not the only method. It's interesting that people can pick up dot chasing and other stuff perfectly easily and yet still bung out (IMHO) crap reviews years after joining a site.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:03

Okay but isn't that subjective Aaron ? Isn't that YOUR view as opposed to everyones and isn't that what the choice of ratings is all about ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Feedback On...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next