www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Member Feedback On...

Go down 
+4
Thingywhatsit
helencbradshaw
koshkha
Chuchy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

Member Feedback On... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:03

I dony think Member advice on Ciao are actually written for newbies either. (probably simply because the writer wants to express themself...or chase a dot Razz)

I just think that this is the reason why people say they rate as they do (because that is the same logic usually applied to product reviews)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:04

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Okay but isn't that subjective Aaron ? Isn't that YOUR view as opposed to everyones and isn't that what the choice of ratings is all about ?

That's what IMHO means.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:05

Sorry cannot get my head around abreviations.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:06

In my humble opinion
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:08

Since when was Aaron humble !!! And that is tongue in cheek affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Chuchy

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:13

Can I just make the point that I posted my opinion in the 'Member Feedback on...' category and not in the 'Member Reviews on...' (as there is no such thing) I wrote it as feedback on a particular topic and as such I didn't follow the review rules at all. I had something to share with other members and I didn't realise that I was supposed to write a full-blown review on every single Ciao reward aspect to put my ideas accross. Did I completely misunderstand the whole concept of FEEDBACK, including the use of this particular category?
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:14

I suppose say in this instance if you wrote under the heading Lush products, you could put at the start that your review wouldn't be about the mens range as you have no experience of this and visa versa. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:15

No, it is your choice as a writer how you tackle a given subject, though it is others choice as raters how we perceive that subject to have been described within ciao guidelines. Let's take this further. I believe, and I also believe others will see it differently, that an area like FEEDBACK ON CIAO REWARDS is potentially a very useful area for not only new members but for people who are browsing ciao's site and want to know more information about what ciao is offering, say perhaps members that just do surveys and have never written. Your review highlights an area where 10 members get rewarded a month, but that's not the whole story is it ? A review of this nature that decides to describe THEIR experience of other rewards at ciao would to MY mind be more useful had it covered what rewards are available for potential members other than that elite 10 members that got diamonds. No doubt, someone will see it differently, though I can only describe the way I see it.
Back to top Go down
Chuchy

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:30

No, I think I just misunderstood the category Member Feedback - I thought it was an area where we can freely communicate our ideas to other members - it shoudn't be called Member Feedback as it is misleading.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:34

Not sure about that. It is members that write the reviews, giving feedback on how they see the rewards to be. I think it could be an extremely helpful area, as I said, for new members and potential writers, because they can read about members experiences and decide if they want to become writers or just stay in the background and get surveys. There are many hidden rewards on ciao and taking a good look through those reviews should give them an idea of what those rewards are and what members feel about them. I may be wrong. It has been known, but I would rate based on that belief. Others will rate on their conception of the manner in which a review is tackled, so expect different feedback from different people.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:49

I wouldn't worry about it, and besides I'm sure the review is still helpful to a lot of people. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:52

That's just it. I don't think anyone should worry about what their ratings are because they are just the thoughts of one person who rated and not important enough in the order of things.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:54

It wouldn't be the first badly worded topic ever suggested in the ciao cafe...some of them are dreadfully worded..(and all by members I assume...)

What you did with your review sounds ok..but it will get different rates, as it is the one topic we are all connected with...(ciao)
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
lisa2062

lisa2062

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 21:57

I'm personally more concerned about the topic of bringing back larger Jaffa cakes Smile
Back to top Go down
Chuchy

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2007, 00:14

I guess I was just looking for somewhere to post an informal opinion rather than a review. I didn't realise people expected to see comprehensive reviews in the feedback section as well. If I had known about this forum before, I would have posted my ideas here. Sometimes I get very frustrated not being able to communicate to the community as a whole on Ciao informally. This discussion board is very useful. Thanks for setting it up!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2007, 00:17

You are very welcome indeed and I hope you will come back soon and often.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2007, 11:39

Ciao don't make it easy for people with some of their categories -what you needed (don't know if it exists but I'd be surprised if it didn't) is a 'Member feedback on diamonds' or MF on the premium fund or something like that.

There are some dodgy categories - over on dooyoo there are ones like 'Nestle in General'. Someone posted a review on a particular food product and lots of people jumped in screetching 'this isn't about Nestle in General - it's about a specific product' and gave lower rates than the product might have got if the person had taken the time to request the product individually. Then the writer pointed out that the heading given by dooyoo said it was OK to do that. However, OK or not, I believe that a product posted in a very general category will be almost impossible for an interested reader to find and so can't be as helpful as if it were done as a 'request and then post'.

Sorry - that was a bit of an aside.
Back to top Go down
Chuchy

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2007, 16:30

koshkha wrote:
I believe that a product posted in a very general category will be almost impossible for an interested reader to find and so can't be as helpful as if it were done as a 'request and then post'.

That's true, but I think most interested readers arrive on the site as a result of an internet search, eg. google, and are taken straight to the review that contains the information they queried. I would imagine that very few people actually browse the product categories for specific information on specific products.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member Feedback On...   Member Feedback On... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Member Feedback On...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2