www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Message in guestbook

Go down 
+4
atticusuk
Safirespider
Thingywhatsit
welshfruitbat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
welshfruitbat

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2006-08-27

Message in guestbook Empty
PostSubject: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 20:01

I have just received the following message in my guestbook on Dooyoo.

"Dearest,

It is my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I and my brother victor ,intend to establish in your country.
Though I have not met with you before but I believe, one has to risk confiding in succeed sometimes in life.
There is this huge amount of ($3,500,000.00) which my
late Father deposited in a Bank here in cote d'ivoire before he was assasinated by unknown persons.

Now I and my brother decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside Africa for security and political
reasons.

We want you to help us transfer it into your personal account in your country for a good reliable bussiness investment that we increase the fund

If you can be of an assistance to
us we will be pleased to offer to you 10% Of the total fund.
I await your soonest response.
Respectfully yours,

Miss Salina Kosa
pls contact me at
salinakosa@yahoo.com"

This message was left by a user who registered today under the name of salina02, who has not been active on the site at all.

I know its probably a scam, but is there anyone I should be reporting this to.

Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 20:03

Report it since to send a message like that the person must have signed up and will need to be deleted. It's ok. I have done it for you.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
welshfruitbat

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 20:07

Thanks Rachel. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 20:08

No problem. Chances are they have scammed many members, but dooyoo will soon remove them.
Back to top Go down
Safirespider

Safirespider

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 21:26

Of all the nerve...I have received very similar solicitations in my regular email in the past...I also saw a scam alert on the news about it a couple weeks ago, but for the life of me I can't recall which authorities the news requested that those types of emails to.

I don't know why more people don't see right through those types of solicitations and see them for what they are.. A SCAM!
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/user/show/26631
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 11:52

I think you should take them up on their kind offer, it would be a god idea to let them have your credit card details as well as a show of trust.

Remember us all when you are rich. cheers
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 16:02

atticusuk wrote:
I think you should take them up on their kind offer, it would be a god idea to let them have your credit card details as well as a show of trust.

It would be really nice if you were to lead the way on this.

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 16:11

Wouldn't it be a bugger now though if this was real Smile

I have had quite a few of these before, one in my dooyoo comments and many in my spam email box, anyone who falls for them has got to be a little stupid really. It's pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 17:38

Paul99ine wrote:
atticusuk wrote:

It would be really nice if you were to lead the way on this.

Smile Smile Smile

Do you want to be my business partner?
Back to top Go down
jo145

jo145

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 22:02

I had this too and sent a message to Dooyoo. I had a reply today and they have dealt with it - this was the reply

Thanks for letting us know about that. That isn't tolerated and is most definitely not a kosher use for our messaging system. Please let us know if
you recieve anything else like this from another user (You won't be recieving one from the same as they've effectively been dooyoo-nuked for this). Thanks again.

Laundering money is not something I fancy doing - I hate ironing!
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 22:09

jo145 wrote:
. Please let us know if
you receive anything else like this from another user (You won't be receiving one from the same as they've effectively been dooyoo-nuked for this). Thanks again.

I have emailed dooyoo about plagiarisers recently and they have made some humerous comments Smile The people who email there do have a sense of humour
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 23:39

The dooyoo people are so much more 'human' than the ciao-bots.

I've never had a personalised communication from a ciao-bot that actually made any sense in English.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 23:40

Love that expression. Dooyoo nuked ! Has a nice ring to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message in guestbook   Message in guestbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Message in guestbook
Page 1 of 1