www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your best game ever?

Go down 
+4
scream4bruce
butters
WendyBull
Stunt_101
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

Your best game ever? Empty
PostSubject: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 20:37

Mine would be Tekken 3 on the PSX. Played it for weeks.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 22:45

I played Bugs Life on PS1 for ages, loved every minute and eventually finished it. Only one I ever did I think! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 23:52

Interesting choice. Haven't played that in years.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 21:44

Curse of Monkey Island. It has the best graphics i have seen (hand-drawn. Or at least the most interesting) and has some great puzzles and makes you laugh like crazy. Other top titles though include the old Sonics (before sonic went 3D with Sonic 2 being the best), Zelda (Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Bits of Wind Waker let it down) and anything made by naughtydoy and insomniac. That includes Jak and Daxter, Crash Bandicoot (again, before he went downhill) and Ratchet and Clank.

Can't wait to get back here after my exams, though games are going to stop me with this generation being all about the online. Resistance: Fall of Man, Medal of Honor: Airborne (PS3) and Medal of Honor Heroes (PSP) will no doubt take my time up. Although nothnig beats the simplicity of Sonic, and the fun-ness of Monkey Island, for pure gaming, fast and frantic it is online all the way. Can't wait for a PS3 now. Though MOH: Heroes has kept me occupied for 10 days out of 3 months (240 hours then).
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 21:47

Great choices, i love the PSone crash and spyro games, jak and daxter and ratchet and clank. The only 3D sonic i liked was heroes. Recently got zelda wind waker and twilight princess on my gamecube, should really play them more to be honest.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 21:49

Wind Waker is great until you get to the Triforce shards. A terrible, terrible part of the game. Twilight Princess was great, extremely good but didnt live up to expectations, and didnt have the nostalgity of Ocarina of Time.

Sonic 3D involves no skill. rubbish
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 21:54

yeah the sonic adventure 2 on the gamecube was pretty rubbish
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 21:57

I hated those but they were a step in the right direction for 3D sonic atleast. It wasn't quite as fast and required more buttons than forward and jump, so you needed more than a brain cell.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 22:00

well i wonder what the next-gen versions are like
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 16 May 2007, 22:02

Abysmal apparantly. So bad and not at all like was promised. The Wii version is meant to be the best but i don't like thelook of it. I fact, the Wii in general is getting worse and worse. I have 4 games and only want 1 coming out that i know of (brawl).
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyThu 17 May 2007, 18:02

damn, and i thought there was hope
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 20 May 2007, 03:57

Yeah, like i did when i heard about Sonic heroes. SEGA can't even seem to get it right in 2D now (sonic rush...). At least Lara Croft has had a makeover and is back on form. One of the best ps2 games she was in
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 20 May 2007, 15:30

I guess mines would be Front Mission 3 for the PlayStation. Never knew I had a thing for turn-based strategy + mechs. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 20 May 2007, 15:34

Never heard of that game, though that's probably because i hate strategy games.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 20 May 2007, 15:37

It's a series by Squaresoft.

I'm useless at real time strategy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 20 May 2007, 15:41

Didn't think Squaresoft would be a company to do a strategy game.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 20 May 2007, 15:45

Well I think the first game they made was Rad Racer for the NES, and there's been the likes of Chocobo Racing for PS.

Tobal No. 1 and 2, Ehrgeiz and Bushido Blade covers fighting.

There's also Final Fantasy Tactics as well.

Most of these games aren't available here though. Sad
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 20 May 2007, 16:12

And there's Einhander, but it was only released in the US Sad
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySun 17 Jun 2007, 19:56

Erm....a toss up between Chuckie Egg and Sensible Soccer for me!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 13:22

Final Fantasy VII for far too many reasons to list - played through it several times, and even bought the soundtrack, which oddly comes on 4 discs whilst the game is on 3... Smile

Flashback on the Mega-Drive is my favourite 'oldie' from the Mega-Drive era; cel-shaded action/adventure loveliness that was sort of a semi-sequel to Another World - tough but brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptyWed 27 Jun 2007, 20:09

Tom_Clare wrote:
Final Fantasy VII for far too many reasons to list - played through it several times, and even bought the soundtrack, which oddly comes on 4 discs whilst the game is on 3... Smile

Flashback on the Mega-Drive is my favourite 'oldie' from the Mega-Drive era; cel-shaded action/adventure loveliness that was sort of a semi-sequel to Another World - tough but brilliant.

Much better than Another World too. Great graphics Another World but fundamentally *Bad Word* gameplay, like a movie rather than a game. Flashback was great, better story and bloody hard!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 21:34

Tom_Clare wrote:
Final Fantasy VII

I bet millions of people say this is their best lol.

I have Final Fantasy X which is great for my first Final Fantasy, though i hate the fact that you have to keep watching cutscenes everytime you die (with hammy voice acting). Plus, the battles are too freaking long. Gorgeus graphics though.

P.S. why did it need three discs?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 21:42

Oh, loads.

Elite (BBC), Chuckie Egg (BBC)(I have a Direct X version somewhere that's ace), Paradroid (Commie 64), Sensible World of Soccer (Amiga), Any of the GTA series (Amiga, PC)(except GTA2 and GTA: London), the early Infocom adventures (Commie 64), most of the Epyx 'Games' series (Commie 64), Interstate '76 (PC), Baldur's Gate (PC), Championship/Football Manager Amiga/PC) and a bucket load of First Person Shooters (PC).
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 21:46

That's a lot. I love First-Person Shooters (Timesplitters 2 and 3 are excellent, King Kong was brilliant especially since it was a moviet tie-in). But that can cause alot of generic shooters, like Area 51.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 21:58

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Oh, loads.
Chuckie Egg (BBC)

Love this game - got on on my PC! may go play it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your best game ever?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next