www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your best game ever?

Go down 
+4
scream4bruce
butters
WendyBull
Stunt_101
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2006-11-07

Your best game ever? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 21:59

What is chuckie egg?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 22:53

Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 22:56

Stunt_101 wrote:
That's a lot.

Yup. Picking "best" for video games is like picking the 'best' footballer - there's no definitive answer, so you have to look at each genre individually.

Stunt_101 wrote:
I love First-Person Shooters (Timesplitters 2 and 3 are excellent, King Kong was brilliant especially since it was a moviet tie-in). But that can cause alot of generic shooters, like Area 51.

Are they console games? I've not played a lot of console games, seeing as I've never owned a console. Dabbled ona few of my mates' consoles though.
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 23:04

TimeSplitters is console game, and excellent. Can't wait for the fourth.
Back to top Go down
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Jul 2007, 23:06

But Area 51 is on PC (as well as consoles), and is generic in almost every way aside from it's story and excellent visuals. I don't know if King Kong was released on PC though.
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jul 2007, 12:21

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Oh, loads.

Elite (BBC), Chuckie Egg (BBC)(I have a Direct X version somewhere that's ace), Paradroid (Commie 64), Sensible World of Soccer (Amiga), Any of the GTA series (Amiga, PC)(except GTA2 and GTA: London), the early Infocom adventures (Commie 64), most of the Epyx 'Games' series (Commie 64), Interstate '76 (PC), Baldur's Gate (PC), Championship/Football Manager Amiga/PC) and a bucket load of First Person Shooters (PC).

SWOS rocked as did the early infocom adventures. You can play most of them online.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jul 2007, 13:26

Stunt_101 wrote:
Tom_Clare wrote:
Final Fantasy VII

I bet millions of people say this is their best lol.

I have Final Fantasy X which is great for my first Final Fantasy, though i hate the fact that you have to keep watching cutscenes everytime you die (with hammy voice acting). Plus, the battles are too freaking long. Gorgeus graphics though.

P.S. why did it need three discs?

I think it needed 3 discs because of the extensive soundtrack (80+ tunes) and all the FMV's - the ending sequence alone was about 20 minutes long I seem to remember.

Agree FFX's voice-acting was hammy (as is the case with 9 out of 10 new games these days) - I wish they'd go back to the days of just dialogue boxes. Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
Stunt_101

Stunt_101

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jul 2007, 13:55

Tom_Clare wrote:
I wish they'd go back to the days of just dialogue boxes. Surprised

Actually i'd disagree, we wouldn't be able to hear the excellent voice acting in games like The Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from Butcher Bay. Plus, i hate reading text if it's on a console as it hurts my eyes-i don't think my eyes could bare reading all the text in FFX Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jul 2007, 17:09

I prefer dialogue boxes, at least for RPGs because then I can go at my (snails) pace.

But who needs either when you can just push the Start button and hold down FIRE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your best game ever?   Your best game ever? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your best game ever?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2