www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? Empty
PostSubject: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? EmptySun 21 Oct 2007, 13:07

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7052267.stm

The boys who stoned an old bloke to death were sentenced to two years detention this week. That means they'll be out in a year.

Thats not justice. They should have recieved longer sentences. Their vicious, unprovoked actions directly resulted in an innocent mans death and we should be protected from such nutters. This sentence is hardly a deterrant to simular odious scumbags like these two.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? EmptySun 21 Oct 2007, 13:56

The link reports that "Mr Norton's family was "satisfied" and felt "justice has been done"."
The boys' behaviour was deplorable BUT their intention was not to kill him. To hurt him, yes, but not to kill.

I agree 2 years isn't very long but I disagree that they'll be out in a year. I think the tabloids have a lot to answer for in implying that nobody serves more than half their sentence these days. They might be eligible for parole after half the time is served, but if the little bastards haven't shown signs of rehabilitation they won't be out early.

My husband is working with offenders who've been inside for 25 years or more. But the Sun never reports on that - only the perceived leniency.

Bearing in mind that a few years ago these lads would have been considered to be too young to be criminally responsible for their actions, I think their prosecution and incarceration is a move in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? EmptySun 21 Oct 2007, 15:16

Even if they serve their full sentence of two years, it isnt enough. Fact is they killed a man whether they meant to do it or not. They were of the age that they knew they were going to cause serious injury at the very least.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? EmptyTue 23 Oct 2007, 16:53

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7056325.stm

Heres another joke sentence.

A 44 yr old man attacks a 96 year old man, blinding him and is given a 3 year supervision order.

I am appalled, it beggars belief.

There is simply a lack of justice thesedays.
Back to top Go down
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? EmptyTue 23 Oct 2007, 18:04

I heard on Loose Women today (oh the joys of day time TV!) something about children as young as ten will be judges on young offender cases. Madness.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? EmptyFri 26 Oct 2007, 20:48

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/7063366.stm

Sick, unhuman bstard.

The cruelty of some people is beyone comprehension.

Should have been given life, he doesnt to walk the streets ever again.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? EmptySat 27 Oct 2007, 13:27

I don't know about anyone else but it would be handy to at least get a CLUE about what a link's about so we know whether it might be worth a click.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?   Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is 2 years detention enough for the stoning boys ?
Page 1 of 1