www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM

Go down 
+3
WendyBull
Ciao's Favourite Member
Thingywhatsit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM Empty
PostSubject: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 23:42

Helium have a promotion on at the moment which will pay well to those who take review writing seriously and many members here would really gain impetus with their Helium accounts if they were to post reviews onto the site right now.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 23:46

You mean the one where you have to actively take part in the worst rating system in the world in order to qualify?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

x 1,000,000

I take my review writing seriously, but I wouldn't touch it.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 23:53

Your choice. I actually enjoy it immensely.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 23:55

Doesn't it have to do with the number of stars you have as a writer/rater and this gives you some extra money when you post? (or something along those lines?) Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyThu 10 Jan 2008, 23:56

What it says is that if you have rating and writing stars by the deadline, you will earn more for your articles. That is not hard for any member to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 00:02

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Your choice. I actually enjoy it immensely.

Fair enough. I know you enjoy it. I still feel you grossly misrepresent the site and it's still a site aimed more for people that are prepared to spend hours per day on it. At least, the rewards seem set up that way.

Thingywhatsit wrote:
What it says is that if you have rating and writing stars by the deadline, you will earn more for your articles. That is not hard for any member to achieve.

It is if you have real issues with the rating system though. As previously discussed... the rating system isn't about quality of rating, so the articles are still not sorted correctly. Each time I look at Helium, 50% of the time, the articles are most definitely not srtoed by quality of content. That's poor IMO.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 00:14

As I said, each to their own. In the years I have known you, you rarely write sufficient articles to make money on a site like Helium anyway so it obviously is not the choice for you. It is for me and for many who do write a lot and who take pleasure in producing quantity and enjoy the participation of rating.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 00:24

No, you're right. Review writing is a hobby for me, Rachel, even though I take it seriously. Helium is a site that pays less well than other sites for people in my situation that can't/won't spend hours per day on a web site where quantity is seemingly more important than quality and where the rating system is seen as flawed and clunky (at least by the majority of people on here and by the reviews I've seen on Dooyoo) and ineffective.

While I don't write for the money, it is a nice reward, but Helium does not provide a good rate of return for the time invested on it unless you can spend hours per day dedicated to it.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 00:38

Perhaps you have the solution for ciao churners, you can send em all over to earn their fortune !! Kidding...
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyFri 11 Jan 2008, 01:03

Ciao members would definitely buy into the pointless star system.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptySat 12 Jan 2008, 16:46

Its all horses for course I guess. Now that I have a decent body of work up its starting to work well for me. I probably make about 10-20 dollars a month even when I don't write anything new and a large percentage of my articles are in the higher slots and I am deffinatley not someone who spends hours at Helium. Like any site it has its strong and weak points, its just about what you are prepared to put up with in the balance of good and bad. For me there is more good than bad here so I write there. The choice is up to the individual.

I'm not offering this up as the opening of an indepth discussion as to why Dooyoo is the creation of minor gods and Helium is the spawn of Asmodeus, I'm just saying some people like it there and others don't and thats the same with any site, some suit the individual others don't.

Also isnt it your go in scrabulous...even though you are thrashing my arse off!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptySat 12 Jan 2008, 20:03

I'm not playing you at Scrabulous, Mr Pyke...

I think an in-depth discussion regarding all the sites might be quite enjoyable, though not one about why Dooyoo is the creation of minor gods. I don't believe that, but by the same token, I don't think I've mis-represented the site in the same way that it appears to have been done here. While everyone has their favourites (and while every site will have their winners and losers), I don't think that (deliberate?) mis-representation of ANY site is in anyone's best interests.
Back to top Go down
ethyl

ethyl

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyWed 16 Jul 2008, 01:23

For anyone that can answer this question regarding Helium rules.

2. For writing stars, we don’t count the lowest-ranked 10% of your articles. So, to receive a star, the top ranked 90% of your articles must have an average rank that is at or above the 75th percentile. Even better, when your average rank is at or above the 85th percentile, you will receive a bonus star on the first 4 member recognition levels. That means that you can earn up to five stars by meeting only the four-star article number requirement (you can’t earn more than five stars, though).

I copied the above paragraph verbatim from Helium. Can anyone explain this to me in English?

Ethel www.helium.com/users/405896
Back to top Go down
http://www.helium.com/users/405896
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 17:44

This is how I understand it.

What is means is they ignore your worst ranked ten reviews e.g if you have written ten reviews one will be ignored.

Then of the remaining reviews the average ranking of all your reviews must be in the top 25%. That means if you write a review where there are four reviews only yours must be number one to be in the top 25%, if there are a 100 reviews then it must be in the top 25. If all are in the top 25% then you have no problem at all. If some are not then it is the average that counts.

Then you need to look at how many reviews you have written to see what number of stars you can get. That is show on a table on the site.

Get an average of 85% and you get an extra star, Currently I have written 37 reviews of which 86% are in the top percentile hnce I get two stars for the number I have written (being over 75%) and a bonus one for being over 85%.

Now if someone can explain the whole rating quality thing which is not transparent at all I will have the hang of the site.

I is also I think the way they avoid paying out on the rewardathon.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 22:31

Well explained, now if you could just simulate that in a computer model, with a forecasting tool incorporated, it might start to make sense..sheesh ,talk about a complicated method..! affraid

I had some starrs, for the last rewardathon, and I think I got paid about $39 for my bit of cut and paste churning...but boy was it hard work doing that rating, especially with THAT rating system.

I got the email I think they have another churnathon going, but I dont think I will be attempting it again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 22:07

In summary: Helium's as bent as a three pound note? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM   WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM Empty

Back to top Go down

WELL WORTH POSTING YOUR ARTICLES TO HELIUM
Page 1 of 1