www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Double payment bonus

Go down 
+6
helencbradshaw
kenjohn
Minnitee
WendyBull
Ciao's Favourite Member
koshkha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

Double payment bonus Empty
PostSubject: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyThu 31 Jan 2008, 21:00

I take back everything I said about the Ciaobots being stupid.

Have you seen this announcement

"Dear Members, we are happy to announce that during the entire month of February the earnings for reviews with a 1, 2 and 3 pound symbol will be doubled. The bonus payments will be displayed in your Member Account as the February Bonus Special. The First Opinion Bonus and the Partner Programme earnings will not be affected. "

Clever sods. Watch dooyoo slash their payments by a half and react by doubling payment. Wahay! Brilliant tactic.

However, I'd like to know what the 'not affected' means in respect to the FOB - does this mean that a £££ review first review will get 4p a hit (double the normal level) or 6p (double the normal plus the standard FOB) or 8p (double both the normal and double the FOB)?

It certainly makes Ciao writing look more attractive than normal.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyThu 31 Jan 2008, 21:06

Shite reviews will still get the huge payouts for diamonds though, so it means nothing.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyThu 31 Jan 2008, 21:09

Have to get churning! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyThu 31 Jan 2008, 21:35

Didn't they do that at some point last year for a whole month? Summer I think it was. Didn't inspire me to post more.

Luckily I held back a review on an item I suggested (was added within 6 hours) - actually I just haven't been bothered to write it. There's more to life than writing reviews - double 1/2p or not.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyThu 31 Jan 2008, 22:49

Minnitee wrote:
Didn't they do that at some point last year for a whole month? Summer I think it was. Didn't inspire me to post more.

Yes but the difference is that now dooyoo slashed their payments so the Ciao offer is more attractive than it was last year.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyFri 01 Feb 2008, 19:39

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Shite reviews will still get the huge payouts for diamonds though, so it means nothing.

Sh*te in who's opinion?....Yours I take it....How many diamonds did you personally earn at Ciao then, or is that a leading question?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptySat 02 Feb 2008, 19:41

In the opinion of many people that have posted on the subject of diamond winning reviews on various forums over the years.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptySat 02 Feb 2008, 20:25

I wouldn't go so far as to call them 'shite' but certainly I think it's been much debated and generally agreed that the diamond reviews are far from being the best and some really aren't great.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptySat 02 Feb 2008, 23:45

very diplomatic.

Mine were ace though Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
marcellep

marcellep

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 11:13

Wow I wish I knew this I would have done a few more reviews this month. Ah I guess there is time for another one soon.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 14:39

You still have a big chunk of February left. Go for it.
And Ciao are quite fast with suggestion approvals at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 14:42

I suggest they get better staff in! lol!
Back to top Go down
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 15:25

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
I suggest they get better staff in! lol!

I can see us having to wait forever for that suggestion to be listened to, lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
marymoose99

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyTue 19 Feb 2008, 18:29

I've noticed that the books I am in the pipeline of reviewing don't get any financial reward, so that's a bit annoying....
Back to top Go down
http://www.lifesigns.org.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 01:50

Yep I noticed that two reviews I wrote did not qualify for any reward, same thing happened last summer as well when double payment was in place.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 11:48

Ciao's tendency to stop payment after the first few reviews is really silly. If the intention is to give consumers balanced opinion, you can't stop paying after the third posting (or whatever the criteria are). I find airports and airlines particularly annoying in that respect - many of the reviews are 5+ years old and nobody will write new stuff that actually brings the info up to date because Ciao make the categories non-paying.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus EmptyWed 20 Feb 2008, 11:59

Another easn why from a reward perspective Dooyoo has an advantage, apart from SC every category is treated the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double payment bonus   Double payment bonus Empty

Back to top Go down

Double payment bonus
Page 1 of 1