www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC

Go down 
+8
atticusuk
sandemp
mattygroves
steerpyke
helencbradshaw
kelr101
Angus
Thingywhatsit
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC Empty
PostSubject: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 09:18

I was looking statistics wise around the site, and it seems that practical household type products, and pets really get more reads by the public than other things (at least in the area I looked at). What areas of your reviews (non specific of course), get the most public reads. Just wondered what the busiest area of dooyoo is from the public point of view.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 11:20

Cars get a lot more read than any other with as many as 4000 non-member reads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 11:24

Xorcise the Beast!
4.12.01 15:08:29 /
4.12.01 15:08:29 Nissan X-Trail Cars
Very useful 10 29 / 5168

make that 5000+
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 13:29

For my review of a shopping centre I had over 2500 reads...and my debate on smoking over 1100...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 13:35

I saw one today written a while ago but with a star's name in the title that had 3900 reads ! That's some going.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 14:53

Definitely cars for me, and my review with the most non member reads in the quickest time was my Sat Nav system, written right before Xmas.

I think it is expensive consumer goods that get the most hits. I have had huge hits on my Dyson, Juicer (before they were £20 and everyone bought one) and even an old fax machine.

Bizarrely my series on Delia Smith's How to cook books, have masses of hits. I really should re read to see if there is something smutty in them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 14:55

Actually the satnav doesn't surprise me cos its a current topic that people want to know about, but the cooking one does.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 15:06

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Actually the satnav doesn't surprise me cos its a current topic that people want to know about, but the cooking one does.
Yep, which makes me think there must be a key phrase in there that gets the hits, as I cannot imagine that much research on a cook book!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 16:35

Whilst things like cars and household stuff are probably the more common searched for items, there is probably other elements at work., such as current fashion and celeb names etc. I tend to do books and music, as you know and fairly obscure stuff at that but I remember when the Da vinci code film came out the book review I did shot up to over 2000. I also think that a clever title can pick up extra reads.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySat 22 Jul 2006, 18:15

I am not editing anything which has been said, but please generalise rather than pointing to any specific reviews. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 23 Jul 2006, 14:46

My TV review on Epinions has thousands and thousands of reads - and has easily been the best earner on eps!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 23 Jul 2006, 15:08

Quote :
My TV review on Epinions has thousands and thousands of reads - and has easily been the best earner on eps!

But we are not talking about earners here, Matty, because you only earn by member reads. We were talking about those which are the most useful to the public.
Back to top Go down
sandemp

sandemp

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 23 Jul 2006, 23:15

My most read reviews (non-members) are a really strange mix. Pontins comes in first with >4000 followed by a couple pieces about pregnancy complications at just <2000
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptyMon 24 Jul 2006, 10:04

I think it is mixture of what is in the title and sometimes the topic under review.

A review of Tesco Clubcard with both Paris and Butlins in the title has attracted a couple of 1000 non member reads.

The title itself is also effective as two reviews "Rate my Boobs" and "Looking up Kylie's skirt" both attractd large numbers.
Back to top Go down
jesi

jesi

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2006-02-14

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 02:51

My 5 top non-member reads reviews (between 5000 and 7400 reads each) include 2 film-only reviews, a broadband service, a mobile-phone tariff, and a prescription-only drug that hasn't been in the Ciao database for years, but the review of which still comes up on a Google search of the product.

Three earned diamonds, but only one is also in top 5 for "member-rated" usefulness . . . (well, one is 6th for usefulness)

. . . only 8.5% of my reads are from "logged in" members . . .

. . . so l must be pleasing some ordinary consumers . . .

Of course, were there a connection between non-member-reads and PF, Matty might WELL have a point about high earners, Rachel.

And who is to say what is useful to the public anyway? High ranking in a "Google Search"?

OK . . . . . Define "useful" . . .

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 13 Jan 2008, 16:00

5600+ hits on a review about applying for visas - I doubt that anyone would have predicted that.

4700+ on a restaurant; 4300 on a beauty product; 4000+ on a cinema scheme.

Those are my top ones and they don't fit the 'cars and household products' type cats that have been suggested.

Mind you, it's also possible to get on the first page of a google search with a small number of hits. I'm on a mission to publicise that crap service I got at a hotel and already both the dooyoo and ciao reviews are coming up on google searches AHEAD of the hotel's own website. Hoorah! That'll teach the bastards (until they threaten to sue dooyoo and Ciao!).
Back to top Go down
duskmaiden

duskmaiden

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-10-27

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 12:21

Looking at ciao and Dooyoo there seem to be a similar pattern wth review with high numbers of non member reads.

Shops seem to be my most popular ones (and most of them the cheaper end of the market. I'm wondring if people are looking for thir websites and getting my review instead!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 14:41

I did notice a well-known member consistently getting exceptionally high non-member reads on newly posted reviews across a broad range of subject types. I had to conclude that same person probably sits at home clicking all day to drive them up and thereby increase the chance of getting a diamond.

So high clicks don't always mean it's a useful review.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC EmptySun 10 Feb 2008, 14:44

There is/was a member on Dooyoo (fairly recent member but definitely pre-new payout system) whose NMR figures across all of their reviews are significantly higher than other members and they reach that stage within a very short space of time.

They're one of the long rather than useful brigade. I don't know if that makes any difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC   MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC Empty

Back to top Go down

MOST USEFUL REVIEWS FOR THE PUBLIC
Page 1 of 1