www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.

Go down 
+6
Angus
Sam_Garland
kelr101
Mauri
helencbradshaw
Thingywhatsit
10 posters

WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE ?
Weekly diamonds like dooyoo crowns ?
CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_lcap19%CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Less diamonds, more share out of premium fund
CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_lcap52%CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_rcap
 52% [ 11 ]
30 crowns a month (as before)
CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_lcap0%CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Monthly competitions as well as diamonds
CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_lcap19%CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Happy with things like they are
CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_lcap0%CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Have other suggestions
CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_lcap10%CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Vote_rcap
 10% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Empty
PostSubject: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 10:05

Which would you rather have ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 13:22

less diamonds, more share. Seems to be a lot fairer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 14:12

Seeing as the criteria for awarding the 'big' diamond payouts is so little understood and does cause a lot of debate I think it would be fairier to give out less diamonds at a reduced rate and more PF awards.

I think this would motivate more people and I would also make it quite clear every week which reviews had actually own any PF award.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 14:15

Well the difference in premium fund payments this last month was certainly worth thinking about.
Back to top Go down
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 19:01

The difference in PF was only worth talking about amongst SOME.

I have spoken to over 20 people who all received the same or less as normal i.e. under £1.

It appears only about 10-20 people actually received a considerable amount more.

UNTIL we know for sure what Ciao are doing (which we may never do) their is no point in SPECULATING how well some did or how well some didn't.

Do we even know how much the diamonds were worth? whats the point if those 10 diamonds were still only worth £10/15...when members who didn't receive a diamond still received £10+ in the PF payment? How on earth does that make sense.

It makes the diamonds meaningless.

The only way the diamonds will ever be worth anything again, is if they are awarded to reviews that actuall DESERVE them. Not those waffling about the lunch they were carrying whilst browsing for a lunchbox in Argos!! The reviews should fulfil a set amount of criteria and receive a certain amount of ratings before they even qualify for a short list.

As it stands the PF is a a RANDOM mess!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 19:12

I actually thoroughly agree with you that at best diamonds are random. I think that ciao were discussing ideas with Coooeee and will wait to hear what they plan. Yes, it's not fair to those who do not receive more in the premium fund that is consistent with the reviews that they have written and I have seen a few murmurs in guestbooks about it. I think that ciao need to clarify what will happen and their intentions towards the premium fund. Personally, I quite like the way that weekly reviews are awarded on dooyoo and would like to see that happen at ciao. Yes, I was happy to receive money that I do not usually get, but we should all be mindful that there are others that didn't get the recognition and until ciao put in place a system that is fair for everyone, there are always going to be upsets on the site. I believe that they are also going to reinstate the monthly competitions at some stage. One question I would ask is that if they are giving less diamonds, are they worth more ? If they are, then it really should be the cream of the crop that gets them.
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2006-06-24

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 19:22

Mumble, mumble...recognition...mumble,mumble.

I've read a few reviews this time round that haven't been awarded anything and they thoroughly deserved it. Just seems a shame, is all.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 19:25

Solidiers die for it, children cry for it.

Recognition.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 19:27

And some get it and some don't. I am not grumbling. I got a fair payment this month after almost nine months of nothing.
Back to top Go down
annaroos1

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-05-14

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyThu 10 Aug 2006, 22:33

I don't like the fact that they never tell members what's going on. I would like to know how come they changed the amount of diamonds and whether this is permanent. I'm not too fussed this month as I haven't really written anything 'diamond worthy' but would be good to know what's going on!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 00:17

kelr101 wrote:

It appears only about 10-20 people actually received a considerable amount more.

UNTIL we know for sure what Ciao are doing (which we may never do) their is no point in SPECULATING how well some did or how well some didn't.

Isn't 10-20 people a speculation in itself though...? No-one knows for sure, only a small percentage of members frequent these sites regularly.

kelr101 wrote:
Do we even know how much the diamonds were worth? whats the point if those 10 diamonds were still only worth £10/15...when members who didn't receive a diamond still received £10+ in the PF payment? How on earth does that make sense.

£10 for one diamond is for one review, whereas people who got £10 wrote many reviews. So each review earned an average of £x on the average (not that Ciao ever tell you if there was one rewarded review or five), but it used to be pretty regular that you got 50p in the PF for every review written (non cafe), it seemed like that for a couple of years at least. Plus people who get a diamond are not precluded from getting additional PF money if they wrote more than one review. Nothing wrong with that at all.

kelr101 wrote:
It makes the diamonds meaningless.

Agreed. It's a lottery. You but enough tickets, stick around for long enough and eventually most people might win. No talent required Razz I think I was surprised with all my diamond reviews, but equally disappointed on other occasions, so hopefully once balances out the other..I prefer fewer diamonds as this way I might make more than £1-2 every month, needed now I am an unemployed layabout.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 00:26

Sam_Garland wrote:
Mumble, mumble...recognition...mumble,mumble.

I've read a few reviews this time round that haven't been awarded anything and they thoroughly deserved it. Just seems a shame, is all.

But there are, say, 150 reviews a day average written on ciao, which is 4000-4500 a month. Whether there are ten diamonds or thirty really doesnt make a lot of difference. I don't think ANYBODY could pick ten or thirty of the best reviews and not cause upset or major disagreement among the ranks. Ciao will make mistakes for sure, I know they do. But I think it is an impossible task, they have quite frankly. You pick your thirty, and I will pick mine, and I bet we disagree on several counts.

Dooyoo's job is probably a little easier (not that you can please the people on there at the moment either, with the "unfairness" of the crown procedure being Dooyoo debate of the month Twisted Evil ) but there are more Crowns dished out AND they are worth less, so the majority of people who can write a decent review get ample recognition and reward, andthose that don't arent missing out quite so much..
Back to top Go down
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 14:42

Perhaps Ciao should have a crown system then - it seems like the best way of pleasing the mass majority.
Back to top Go down
fabulous_girl

fabulous_girl

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 16:03

Note how results for "happy the way things are" are 0%!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fabulous_girl85
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 17:14

Yeh but with any luck ciao will look in and see what people think.
Back to top Go down
fabulous_girl

fabulous_girl

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 18:07

hehe, nobody thinks ciao is perfect, and yet we're all still there. we love it despite its imperfections, now aint that sweet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fabulous_girl85
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 18:48

fabulous_girl wrote:
hehe, nobody thinks ciao is perfect, and yet we're all still there. we love it despite its imperfections, now aint that sweet!

I am not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Sam_Garland

Sam_Garland

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 18:51

That's true... Angus isn't sweet at all Smile
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 19:50

He is sweaty which is close.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. EmptyFri 11 Aug 2006, 20:55

I received 50p again last month, so the holiday home abroad is still on hold. Less diamonds, and a better share of the premium fund seems fairer to me.
Diamonds are definitely like a lottery, and in most cases your lucky if your name gets picked. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.   CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO. Empty

Back to top Go down

CURIOSITY AS NO ONE CONTROLS CIAO EXCEPT CIAO.
Page 1 of 1