www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ciao actually doing something for once?

Go down 
+2
atticusuk
eljimbob
6 posters
AuthorMessage
eljimbob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-01-20

Ciao actually doing something for once? Empty
PostSubject: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyWed 15 Oct 2008, 16:00

It has been quiet around here recently, does anyone actually visit here anymore?

Any way. I may be jumping the gun somewhat here but I have noticed that Ciao appear to be fixing the odd bug or making a few minor changes.

Granted this is only a few things in a minefield of errors. For example I just noticed to daythat updated reviews appear in the correct order of things once again, that is reviews updated on a certain date appear on that date rather than the orignal date the review was first posted.

I have also been chatting to sarah (info@ciao.co.uk) as she is attempting to correct a few bugs I reported just last week. Although both the bugs have yet to be fixed (missing review alerts and quick reviews only option not showing from page 2 onwards).

Has anyone noticed anything else?
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptySun 09 Nov 2008, 14:23

It is still too slow to load compared with Dooyoo which puts me off reading more reviews especially as most are posted on Dooyoo anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptySat 22 Nov 2008, 21:31

The technical issues have never put me off Ciao... it's the members that can't take an SH rating and the Ciao staff that ban a member for giving out the SH rating or remove a profile picture because the member "looks like a terrorist and members are offended by it" that put me off using Ciao.

Perhaps Sarah could look into that instead...
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptySat 29 Nov 2008, 17:26

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
remove a profile picture because the member "looks like a terrorist and members are offended by it"

If the cap (sorry balaclava) fits, then wear it! Personally, I can see how some members (especially Irish members) would be offended.

Ken
Back to top Go down
The Polar One

The Polar One

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 00:51

That old one, CFM. lol.

I've been away for about 6 months and the first thing I noticed about Ciao was the site is a lot quicker. Fingers crossed improvements continue.
Back to top Go down
http://bearandbeyond.wordpress.com
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 03:03

The Polar One wrote:
That old one, CFM. lol.

That's just one incident that's indicative of the action the Ciao Team takes when confronted by a member who uses the abuse mechanism to cause trouble. Reaction without thought.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 03:07

kenjohn wrote:
remove a profile picture because the member "looks like a terrorist and members are offended by it"

If the cap (sorry balaclava) fits, then wear it! Personally, I can see how some members (especially Irish members) would be offended.

Ken

And the flip side of the coin, Ken, is that Irish members could feel terribly offended that people are calling them terrorists and that Ciao are subsequently acting on those accusations.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyFri 05 Dec 2008, 18:10

And the flip side of the coin, Ken, is that Irish members could feel terribly offended that people are calling them terrorists and that Ciao are subsequently acting on those accusations.

I suppose we have to take your word for it that a Ciao member called you a "terrorist" and that Ciao subsequently booted you off the site on foot of the accusation.

Seems a tad far fetched to me though. I would have thought it more likely that it was because you seemed to be constantly in some sort of conflict with some member or other, usually over some off the wall rating you had given them that was totally out of synch with every other rating they had received for a review. But you seem to thrive on conflict, don't you!

As for the balaclava profile picture. As I said in my last post, I can totally see how some members could be offended. And not just Irish members, as terrorism is world wide.

At best, it shows complete insensitivity on your part.

Ken
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptySat 06 Dec 2008, 18:22

kenjohn wrote:
I suppose we have to take your word for it that a Ciao member called you a "terrorist" and that Ciao subsequently booted you off the site on foot of the accusation.

Seems a tad far fetched to me though. I would have thought it more likely that it was because you seemed to be constantly in some sort of conflict with some member or other, usually over some off the wall rating you had given them that was totally out of synch with every other rating they had received for a review. But you seem to thrive on conflict, don't you!

As for the balaclava profile picture. As I said in my last post, I can totally see how some members could be offended. And not just Irish members, as terrorism is world wide.

At best, it shows complete insensitivity on your part.

Ken

Laughing Address the topic at hand, Ken. We're talking about Ciao here, not me. The point still stands in that the Ciao staffers have shown levels of incompetency over the years that has to be seen to be believed, due IMO, to the behaviour of the members like the so-called "Queens of Ciao". It's been common knowledge for ages that members were using the abuse team as a tool for abuse.

I've never seen a lot of these technical issues that people refer to, so apart from the brief time that I literally couldn't log in because my anti-virus was clashing with Ciao, technical problems haven't stopped me doing anything on the site.
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptySat 06 Dec 2008, 22:55

it's the members that can't take an SH rating and the Ciao staff that ban a member for giving out the SH rating or remove a profile picture because the member "looks like a terrorist and members are offended by it" that put me off using Ciao.

I thought I WAS addressing the topic as it was yourself who brought this subject up in the first place!

Ken
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptySat 06 Dec 2008, 22:57

It's been common knowledge for ages that members were using the abuse team as a tool for abuse.

Not to me it hasn't!

Ken
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyWed 10 Dec 2008, 01:17

kenjohn wrote:
it's the members that can't take an SH rating and the Ciao staff that ban a member for giving out the SH rating or remove a profile picture because the member "looks like a terrorist and members are offended by it" that put me off using Ciao.

I thought I WAS addressing the topic as it was yourself who brought this subject up in the first place!

Ken

eljimbob wrote:
It has been quiet around here recently, does anyone actually visit here anymore?

Anyway. I may be jumping the gun somewhat here but I have noticed that Ciao appear to be fixing the odd bug or making a few minor changes.

Granted this is only a few things in a minefield of errors. For example I just noticed to daythat updated reviews appear in the correct order of things once again, that is reviews updated on a certain date appear on that date rather than the orignal date the review was first posted.

I have also been chatting to sarah (info@ciao.co.uk) as she is attempting to correct a few bugs I reported just last week. Although both the bugs have yet to be fixed (missing review alerts and quick reviews only option not showing from page 2 onwards).

Has anyone noticed anything else?
Back to top Go down
kenjohn

kenjohn

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyTue 16 Dec 2008, 12:59

The technical issues have never put me off Ciao... it's the members that can't take an SH rating and the Ciao staff that ban a member for giving out the SH rating or remove a profile picture because the member "looks like a terrorist and members are offended by it" that put me off using Ciao.

Your words
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyWed 17 Dec 2008, 00:58

Indeed, and your reply was trying to have yet another pop at me rather than address the pertinent points. Laughing

I mentioned those issues as part of an ongoing problem that's been part of Ciao ever since I became a member, making the technical issues that eljimbob mentions unimportant (at least to me).

If you want other examples that don't involve me, then I believe Angus was kicked off a few times on the say so of "a popular member" with no rhyme nor reason for it, and freely admitted to it afterwards. Andy Lawston and others had reviews removed for the flimsiest of reasons... all of which was done on the sole "evidence" of a report to Ciao abuse. Those are only two incidents that I can remember offhand. Search through any of the Ciao forums and you'll see other incidents, going back years, though I'm surprised you've never heard of this before... most "regulars" on the site are at least aware of it.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyThu 18 Dec 2008, 19:03

I haven't posted a review on Ciao, or rated/commented on reviews for ages now. I often found technical gremlins were running a mock on the site, but the main reason for my rare visits are mainly due to the daftness of the powers that be.

I was asked by someone why their reviews weren't being rated very highly, and I politely explained that their reviews lacked alot of essential info, and I gave them a few pointers. Anyway the next minute I was contacted by Ciao telling me that I was being very unhelpful to some members lol.

Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
eljimbob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? EmptyMon 22 Dec 2008, 17:38

On the subject of 'incompetent' staff (your words not mine Smile ) at Ciao, I have been blocked on Ciao.com, looks like the 'incompetency' isn't merely a ciao.co.uk thing.

I still trying to find out what is going on 3 days later Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ciao actually doing something for once?   Ciao actually doing something for once? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ciao actually doing something for once?
Page 1 of 1