www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tony Blair Good or bad ?

Go down 
+4
Thingywhatsit
lisa2062
thebluehippo
WormThatTurned
8 posters

Has Tony Blair been a good prime minister ?
YES
Tony Blair Good or bad ? Vote_lcap62%Tony Blair Good or bad ? Vote_rcap
 62% [ 8 ]
NO
Tony Blair Good or bad ? Vote_lcap38%Tony Blair Good or bad ? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

Tony Blair Good or bad ? Empty
PostSubject: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptyFri 17 Nov 2006, 19:44

Tony is on the way out in the new year and it looks like Gordon taking his seat at the helm of the labour party. What do the members think of Tony Blair. A good prime minister or a disaster area ?
Back to top Go down
thebluehippo

thebluehippo

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySat 18 Nov 2006, 17:58

It's quite hard to say yes or no.. but I will go with yes. Despite the fact he'll be remember for the war in Iraq The 2012 Olympics are his legacy though. Without him I doubt we would have got them.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySat 18 Nov 2006, 21:12

I wouldn't see he was great, but he hasn't been a disaster either. Many people went off him, because of Iraq. In that situation I think it was a case of damned if you do, and damned if you don't. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySat 18 Nov 2006, 21:17

I went off him before Iraq !
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
badcompany77

badcompany77

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySat 18 Nov 2006, 21:29

Hmmm let me think about this slimey little rodent called Blair...

Gave an oscar winning performance when Diana died !!

Totally made a mess of Norhern Ireland, Mr Blairs famous word "I dont talk to terrorists " Yeah rite he just goes to N Ireland and puts them in government, kiss my ass Blair...

He is a walking toilet roll for George Bush to wipe his ass on...

He is totally false, I cant remember him ever actually sticking to any promise he has ever made....

He has been all the time only interested in his public interest and not interested in the publics interests. Like that we turn of phrase did ya....

So NO Tony Blair has been crap, I cheered the day Thatcher got booted out but when that walking FAKE called Blair gets booted out I am gonna strip naked and run round Belfast with a bottle of Champagne in my hand....

Phewww I am glad I got that off my chest, I may come back later to slag him off some more Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.problempages.net
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySat 18 Nov 2006, 21:34

Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 00:11

Heard a good quote about John Howard (the PM of Australia) that could equally apply to TB.

Howard is a 'bonsai' leader - just a little BUSH.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 14:21

I go with a yes because the economy is strong and the majority are better off now than when he took over, not perfect given some of the foreign policy issues but winning three electionsis no mean feat in itself.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 19:01

As in many situations I dont think people will realise what a good leader he has been until hes gone (and Im not a labour supporter) !!
Back to top Go down
badcompany77

badcompany77

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 19:27

Sorry is this thread about Tony Blair or Lionel Blair, I sorta thought it was about Tony ?? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.problempages.net
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 22:18

His party while his party has reigned has maintained sustained economic growth which at the end of the day is the number one priority. People are better off - its a fact. Theyve also invested in the NHS and slowly are turning things around in that area. Also the minimum wage protects workers. Interest rates and unemployment are low. His party has delivered in key areas - thats why along with his charisma why theyve won 3 elections. I dont think Gordon can match that.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptyMon 20 Nov 2006, 12:03

badcompany77 wrote:

Totally made a mess of Norhern Ireland, Mr Blairs famous word "I dont talk to terrorists " Yeah rite he just goes to N Ireland and puts them in government, kiss my ass Blair...

:

At least theres peace now
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptyTue 21 Nov 2006, 12:21

I guess as with all leaders it depends on the electorates attention span. Many leaders are seen in the short term as being good for the country...and I have to conceed that there are many thhings that have improved, or at least not got worse under TB. Its his longer lasting legacy that we have to consider, this is the man that followed the US against his countries will into the middle east and the repurcussions of that will be sounding off for years.

That said no-one hardly remembers John Major and he sent the boys in first time. People do (and this is no critiscm, just observation) have a short term memory when it comes to politics and do focus on our own everyday home needs rather that foreign issues. on that basis Blair can be seen to have been a success, will until the four minute warning goes off anyway and then he may be remembered for very different reasons.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptyTue 21 Nov 2006, 13:53

steerpyke wrote:
this is the man that followed the US against his countries will into the middle east and the repurcussions of that will be sounding off for years.

I agree with most of your points Steer but you cannot make this assumption, sure there were some massive rallys against the war but you cannot say it was against the countries will per se, there was a lot of support for the war too !!
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptyTue 21 Nov 2006, 20:27

you are probably right, support for war always decreases the longer and less successful it goes on and so wars tend to be looked at in hindsight. I wonder how many people, if they were honest have changed from being a supporter of the action to being opposed just because all the questioned illegalities have given them a way out with a little bit of grace.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? EmptyTue 21 Nov 2006, 20:34

A huge number I would say. But once Blair took us in, its not that easy to just walk away. He needs to feel we achieved something. If he walked away now we would have achieved very little. I hope for the Iraqis sake more than Blairs that they do achieve the democracy and self governing theyre after but I fear that wont happen in the immediate future. We will probaly be there in some capacity for years yet Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Blair Good or bad ?   Tony Blair Good or bad ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Tony Blair Good or bad ?
Page 1 of 1