www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?

Go down 
+12
Paul99ine
Vax
sandemp
lisa2062
scream4bruce
steerpyke
Minnitee
koshkha
christianfilmcritic
WendyBull
helencbradshaw
Thingywhatsit
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

how would you deal with it.
Ignore it, they copied and cheated.
WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? Vote_lcap33%WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 9 ]
Re-rate
WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? Vote_lcap67%WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? Empty
PostSubject: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyTue 12 Dec 2006, 23:10

How would you deal with a copier asking for a re-rate when they have gotten rid of the copy and put it in their own words ?
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyTue 12 Dec 2006, 23:11

I would re rate normally.

Everyone deserves a chance. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyTue 12 Dec 2006, 23:11

I would re-rate, but only once. If they did it again they could forget any help from me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
christianfilmcritic

christianfilmcritic

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2006-07-08

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyTue 12 Dec 2006, 23:18

I'll be honest, I'm getting fed up of users who leave me a message saying please re-rate and then they clear off without bothering to rate one of mine, especially when the member in question is a green or blue dot. But as Wendy says above, I would re-rate once and then if they hadn't really changed their review or did it again I would leave my rate as it stands.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 02:30

Well I'm going to go against the trend above and say NO.

I wouldn't re-rate because copying is cheating, is forbidden and quite honestly they should ask Ciao to remove their entire review and should skulk off under a rock somewhere and feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I'll rerate a review if it's not a copying issue but I usually leave a message in the writer's GB saying that if they are going to ask a lot of people to re-rate, they should be sure to do those people the courtesy of reading some of their reviews in return.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 03:19

I would re-rate but still check if it's really original, had a case where the person rewrote the copied reviews only by copying from another site. I pointed that out and left Ciao to deal with it.

If asked I often return to the review and re-read but not necessarily re-rate when it comes to ordinary reviews that were not too good at the beginning. Had a case where the member left me a message saying they had edited slighly. I went to re-read and couldn't even find where they had edited.

And I also have to agree, rarely anyone ever reads any of my reviews so why should I bother.

Last edited by on Fri 05 Jan 2007, 23:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 15:19

If the person was new and seemed not to know how the site works I would probably give them the benifit and re-rate. If they had a higher dot or were clearly scaming, I'd probably make a mental note and ignore their work in the future.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 13 Dec 2006, 16:28

I give them a chance. I get annoyed by those whose excuse is that they are a new member, it's not as if new members cannot read guidelines you know!
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 16:23

I'd give them a chance too, but I'd certainly double check that the re edit wasn't another copy. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
sandemp

sandemp

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyThu 14 Dec 2006, 22:07

Well as I hardly get enough internet time to do anything, I don't actually have enough time to go back to any copied reviews if they've been edited. And no I very rarely think that the copier didn't know what they were doing was wrong, after all just before you publish a review you do confirm it is all your own work.
Back to top Go down
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyThu 04 Jan 2007, 14:36

I would re-rate, it is only fair that you give someone a chance as we're all human and get the odd member who tries to pull a fast one. Usually they learn that they cannot copy or use other people's work after the first time theyve been caught.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyFri 05 Jan 2007, 23:57

koshkha wrote:
Well I'm going to go against the trend above and say NO.

I wouldn't re-rate because copying is cheating, is forbidden and quite honestly they should ask Ciao to remove their entire review and should skulk off under a rock somewhere and feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

I'll rerate a review if it's not a copying issue but I usually leave a message in the writer's GB saying that if they are going to ask a lot of people to re-rate, they should be sure to do those people the courtesy of reading some of their reviews in return.

I'm with koshka on this!
Back to top Go down
mr.blue.sky

mr.blue.sky

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-05-12

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:19

Yeah ..me too !
I've just been the victim of my first copier (that I've found out about) I'm hopping mad, have reported the matter to Ciao ...3 times just to make sure they got the point, if anyone wants to have a look...the offender's name is jadoon27 review No. 5623077 or look for Sony cybershot DSC-H5. Me and jadoon27 are the only reviewers of this item, well, I am actually !
I don't hink they should be given the benefit of making a mistake, as they knew they were doing wrong while copying and pasting into their own review, instead of using their own (empty space between the ears) mind.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:23

Hang the barstewards.

That is a no for me by the way incase I was being too subtle with myfirst line.
Back to top Go down
mr.blue.sky

mr.blue.sky

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:23

I bet the results of the survey would be different if more of you had been copied ! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:32

I think I would take it as a complement !
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:36

Thingywhatsit wrote:

I'd mark them down for not copying a better piece of work Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:40

Too right !!
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:42

Perhaps Ciao would give a credit for all the misplaced Es Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 00:44

Now there's a thought.
Back to top Go down
mr.blue.sky

mr.blue.sky

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 01:26

Thingywhatsit wrote:

You could say that imitation is the best form of flattery... you could say that, but I wouldn't, I take it as a poke in the eye! ... why should I expend valuable brain time writing on Ciao, when some lowlife can take it away in a couple of clicks? I do have better things to do you know! hehe drunken
Back to top Go down
mr.blue.sky

mr.blue.sky

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 01:44

atticusuk wrote:
Thingywhatsit wrote:

I'd mark them down for not copying a better piece of work Twisted Evil

Are you saying my review was poo? Ok it wasn't the best in the world + I'm a paranoid person at heart! but surly the thread issue is to do with the copier? Or am I barking up the wrong tree again? (damn this red wine!) confused
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 02:21

I've only ever had one of my reviews copied... though it was done by a conspiracy of two members copying the same review one after the other, so it was actually copied and posted twice.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyWed 07 Feb 2007, 03:03

I remember the first E I gave out was to a review which turned out to be a copy, copied from a site which I visited quite often as well!

Having read some of the posts, I change my stance on re-rating a copier. I've decided that if they have registered they must have dealt with it in a manner in which they followed instructions and the like, but if they did not notice that a review should be their own work then I say they are a liar, and their pants are on fire.
Back to top Go down
mr.blue.sky

mr.blue.sky

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 00:53

I have to agree with scream4bruce, the budding copier had to go through the motions of signing up, reading the Ciao rules etc etc (as we did) ... and then wrote their first "dodgey" (as we all did) review.
Read and rated by others, advise given and hopefully received, then on to better reviews... so as I see it no excuses.
The last thing on my mind when I joined was to copy someone else's work... I knew from the start that I had to write my own opinion... how ever bad it may have been.
I have analyzed my copier in some detail... his own work is quite obviously eeeerrrrgghh?? wot, where is my brain? the rest of the copied work has some sense of normality about it, as we have come to expect from "normally" written reviews, so can easily see the difference...so No to re-rating a copier. No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?   WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ? Empty

Back to top Go down

WOULD YOU RE-RATE A COPIER ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next