www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.

Go down 
+3
scream4bruce
koshkha
Thingywhatsit
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. Empty
PostSubject: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 22:56

This does not concern any particular review, and I hope people have the sense not to make it concern any particular review. I wondered what action members take on any review site where they find a member of that site has been slighted in a review

Discuss.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 23:03

I leave a comment suggesting that it's not appropriate to use a review to fight a personal feud. I've had a good exchange with a person who has done this very recently and she agreed to remove the personal bit (not about me I should add, nor about anyone I have any particular affection for) and has now done so.

There was a nasty case a couple of months back where a review was written to attack three members who had left comments or rates that the writer didn't like. I reported it and I know of many others who also did. It was very nasty and eventually - several weeks and after many others filed abuse reports - it was removed.
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 23:06

I'm not sure there's much to discuss, just report it?

EDIT: I mean, as Koshka says, point out that it is wrong, and report it.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 23:13

Okay, you report a review on the link on Ciao, and you receive an email asking you to report the review on the link on ciao. Where do you go from there ?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 23:45

LOL. I find the report again does the trick too, although many don't realise this and then delete the email.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 23:51

I always delete the email - I've never done a second report but they've always got rid of stuff.

On the rare occasions when Ciao have come back to me for clarification (like the case of the attacking review I mentioned above) the request they sent was written in such bad English that I really struggled to know what they wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptySun 14 Jan 2007, 23:52

But does the email you get tell you to use the link you already used ?
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 00:25

I have no idea - I never look at it. I've already reported and I'm not going to waste time doing it a second time. So far it's always worked fine. Not that (I should add) I report very often.

If the writer is relatively new and may just not have realised that they've been out of order, I would just leave a comment (and if appropriate a message in the PGB) and hope they work out for themselves that a bit of judicious editing would be in order. It would be a shame to scare someone off the site with a full-on abuse report where a civilised chat would do the job.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 02:14

I laugh. A lot. Then I laugh some more.

Depending on the severity of the abuse, I might report it, but I might not.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 02:44

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
I laugh. A lot. Then I laugh some more.

Depending on the severity of the abuse, I might report it, but I might not.

I am utterly gobsmacked at your comment. You have been roasting people for the perceived offence of leaving a comment on someone else's rating but you think it's funny for someone to write a review that's making a personal attack on another member.

I don't get it. Can't you see that's blisteringly inconsistent?
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 14:05

Koshka, sweetie, I think it's hilarious that people are so stupid/immature/insecure that they feel it's necessary to write a review that attacks another member or contains slurs within it (or indeed, directly criticises another member's rating). However, being the source of mirth at Chez Duke does not mean it can't be treated seriously which means an appropriate rating and, if necessary, a report to Ciao Abuse.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 15:36

I would certainly leave them a comment telling them that abuse isn't tolerated, and then report it. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:25

I think it is a valid form of expressionism and should be applauded.

Take for instance my own reviews titled "That bird who runs Reviewwriters is a ......? and the diamond winning "All guides are a bunch of anchors but especialy that one in....? pirat

It is good therapy after all.

I also think bear baiting is impossible as bears do not like worms.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:26

Quote :
Take for instance my own reviews titled "That bird who runs Reviewwriters is a ......?

That ones been done several times.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. EmptyMon 15 Jan 2007, 20:43

I'd report it assuming no one else had left a comment saying they had.

Abuse reporting on ciao is a nightmare though...the dooyoo box (for guides) is simplicity itself.

I never send the forms twice either. Never even occurred to me to do so, I just ignore that "fill in the form" email.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.   USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS. Empty

Back to top Go down

USING REVIEWS TO SLATE OTHER MEMBERS.
Page 1 of 1