www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)

Go down 
+11
scream4bruce
berlioz
lisa2062
fizzywizzy
Ciao's Favourite Member
Mauri
Paul99ine
eljimbob
steerpyke
atticusuk
koshkha
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) Empty
PostSubject: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 11:26

Just noticed that the Jan diamonds are out already - things must have been slow in the Ciao office. With all those tech problems to sort out, I suppose that running the old 'algorithm' must have seemed like the fun job of the months.

Lots and lots of electronics this month. Quite a few with relatively low reads - both member and external. Some blatant use of titles designed to attract the google hits (Brad and Angelina being sufficient draw to drag in 600 reads on a travel opinion).

Go for it RWF members - lets hear the theories on this batch!
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 12:03

I'm expecting to get enough to make a nice bit of jewelry. Shocked
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 12:05

Useless barstards could not spot a quality review if it bitch slapped them wearing a pantomine horse outfit. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 12:34

Is that something that quality reviews are in the habit of doing?
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 13:07

I wonder if my review about the worrying trend of people being bitch slapped by muggers dressed as pantomime horses will get a diamond?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
eljimbob

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2007-01-20

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 13:15

I do question the commitment of Ciao this month, I am sure I have seen better this month. Personally I wouldn't rate many of those as exceptional Sad
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 13:29

Idea Idea

But, perhaps those are the reviews that their marketing Gurus can make most dosh from.

Idea Idea
Back to top Go down
Mauri

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 14:19

Four reviews posted in January £2 from the premium fund + a few pennies from reads.

Same four reviews on Dooyoo in January made just over £12

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 15:01

Paul99ine wrote:
Idea Idea

But, perhaps those are the reviews that their marketing Gurus can make most dosh from.

Idea Idea

Perhaps... but as long as Ciao continues to market the diamonds/PF as "the best", then this discussion will always be relevant.

I'm off to look at the reviews now (but I betcha if there are any phone reviews that they're crap).
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 15:18

steerpyke wrote:
I wonder if my review about the worrying trend of people being bitch slapped by muggers dressed as pantomime horses will get a diamond?

Neigh chance.
Back to top Go down
fizzywizzy

fizzywizzy

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2006-10-26

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 15:31

atticusuk wrote:
Useless barstards could not spot a quality review if it bitch slapped them wearing a pantomine horse outfit. Twisted Evil

Everyone knows that this is the officially recognised (by the UN, International Red Cross, Womens' Institute and other important global organisations) and internationally accpeted way of denoting such a review
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 15:51

fizzywizzy wrote:
atticusuk wrote:

Everyone knows that this is the officially recognised (by the UN, International Red Cross, Womens' Institute and other important global organisations) and internationally accpeted way of denoting such a review

I am soooo glad you let me in on this secret.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 16:41

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Paul99ine wrote:
Idea Idea

Idea Idea

Perhaps... but as long as Ciao continues to market the diamonds/PF as "the best", then this discussion will always be relevant.

I'm off to look at the reviews now (but I betcha if there are any phone reviews that they're crap).

I think they may have changed the wording slightly - who knows, maybe they read our comments on here.
Instead of saying that the diamonds are 'the ten best' it now says they are 'ten of the best'.

Is it my imagination or is that a small but very significant change?

And as commented by someone above, lots of phone and electronics reviews. For goodness sake, what is there still left to say about an ipod?
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 16:56

'Ten of the best' makes it sound like names are pulled out of a hat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 17:04

I'm not even interested in finding out which reviews have received a diamond...
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 17:08

koshkha wrote:
Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
Paul99ine wrote:
Idea Idea

Idea Idea

I think they may have changed the wording slightly - who knows, maybe they read our comments on here.
Instead of saying that the diamonds are 'the ten best' it now says they are 'ten of the best'.

Is it my imagination or is that a small but very significant change?

And as commented by someone above, lots of phone and electronics reviews. For goodness sake, what is there still left to say about an ipod?

I'd go with significant, but with the caveat that Ciao clearly don't reward the reviews that fulfil their own writing guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 17:16

It ain't worth getting all hot 'n' bothered about. Life's too short and we ain't gonna change the way they run their company.
We either accept the way Ciao is or.....jump ship!!

Personally, I ain't jumpin' no ship.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mauri

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 17:30

I suppose it's a bit like asking people to pick out their ten favourite films, no matter how similar your tastes people are not going to pick the same ones.

I just had a look at the list of ten and there are none there I would rate as E but I can see why most of them have been picked. A couple are surprising since I wavered between a VH and H when rating...

If you look at them they are all very detailed, they are laid out clearly and mostly well written. Almost all include a fair amount of personal comment on the products and most are written in a conversational tone which emphasises the fact that these are supposed to be personal opinions of products rather than simply a detailed overview of the functions etc.

I'm sure if I looked through other reviews from January I could pick out others that in my opinion would be more worhy of Dimaonds but then we could all do that.
Back to top Go down
Mauri

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 17:44

You have to go back to June 2006 since a book review (Rachel got one for her of A Child Called 'It')
or May 2006 since film review got a diamond.

I've got no chance then!
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 19:10

Me neither then Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyThu 08 Feb 2007, 23:37

Mauri wrote:
You have to go back to June 2006 since a book review (Rachel got one for her of A Child Called 'It')
or May 2006 since film review got a diamond.

I've got no chance then!
Crying or Very sad

And would I be right in thinking that means not one book or film since they cut to only 10 per month?
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 00:16

I think so, also only one music review has made it since then as well. That makes me sad.

Maybe I should get writing about my DVD player...
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:42

Mauri wrote:
I just had a look at the list of ten and there are none there I would rate as E but I can see why most of them have been picked. A couple are surprising since I wavered between a VH and H when rating...

I've SHed two, including one where the author reviews someone else's item...

Awaiting the inevitable Abuse report as we speak.

Last edited by on Sat 10 Feb 2007, 22:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scream4bruce

scream4bruce

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyFri 09 Feb 2007, 21:50

Long reviews for the win.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) EmptyMon 12 Feb 2007, 17:04

I've also just noticed one where the reviewer's experiences cannot be any more recent than 20 years old.

How can a review be given a diamond if their experiences are 20 years out of date?

Unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)   January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!) Empty

Back to top Go down

January Diamonds are out - let the debate begin (AGAIN!)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next