www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What to write about?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
liz1102

liz1102

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2006-10-09

What to write about? Empty
PostSubject: What to write about?   What to write about? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 23:53

One of the problems I have with Helium is knowing/deciding what to write about. The sheer variety of topics available is so daunting, and they seem to come a lot more from personal opinion/experience than other review sites. When I write for Ciao or Dooyoo its much easier to use the product I want to review, then look it up on the database. Helium seems to be the opposite - find a topic, then think and write about it.

I don't have the time or the patience to sit and go through every category until I find something appealing, so I generally just end up writing something mediocre on a topic that came up in the rating process.

How do you decide what to write about? Seen any categories that desperately need something adding lol?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What to write about?   What to write about? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2007, 23:55

I don't think it is a matter of finding what needs adding to or writing mediocre. Sometimes when I am rating, I think that I can do better and go into write mode, but usually it is reviews that I have already written on other sites.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
dream-girl

dream-girl

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What to write about?   What to write about? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2007, 01:23

I usually start rating while deciding what I'm in the mood to write about that day. After I rate for awhile I start typing in topics that sound interesting at the moment. If they haven't been done to death I click write and go for it. Eh sometimes I do it even if it has been done more than 100 times if I think I have something to say that hasn't been said in the top 10 or so articles or if I think I can say it in a way that makes it more appealing or whatever.

Generally, I decide what I want to write about and then find a topic to put it under. If I have no idea's for the day I search the topics till something jumps out at me. If nothing does, then I just rate. Some days I have a lot to say other days nothing so I rate on those days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to write about?   What to write about? Empty

Back to top Go down

What to write about?
Page 1 of 1