www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review

Go down 
5 posters

Is it bad to review but not read?
Yes
Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Vote_lcap32%Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Vote_rcap
 32% [ 6 ]
no
Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Vote_lcap47%Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Vote_rcap
 47% [ 9 ]
neither
Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Vote_lcap21%Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-05-16

Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Empty
PostSubject: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySat 27 May 2006, 22:47

Is it bad to write reviews but not rate the reviews of others??? Hmm. I personally think that everyone is entitled to review and read whatever and however much they want. I shall leave a little poll on this one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bensite.co.uk
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples re   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySat 27 May 2006, 23:05

ben100100100509 wrote:
I personally think that everyone is entitled to review and read whatever and however much they want.

I agree with you 100%.
Back to top Go down
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySun 28 May 2006, 00:03

Yep - the choice, as they say, is yours! Very Happy

Although I find that if you don't read other peoples work, nobody bothers to read yours! Or maybe its just because I review games... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySun 28 May 2006, 10:33

I think that we need to accept there are people who just want to write and not use Dooyoo as a base for their internet time. It can be a bit off if you are rating a lot of reviews by one person and find out they have rated maybe a dozen or so reviews in a year, but the choice is simple as far as I see it, read them or ignore them if it bothers you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
Lunah_c

Lunah_c

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2006-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySun 28 May 2006, 12:08

I agree with Tom_Clare. It is each individuals choice however you are unlikely to get many reads for your reviews if you don't read others.

But many may be happy with that, and that is their choice.
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySun 28 May 2006, 12:39

For those of you who have been on Ciao a long time, about 4 and a half years ago there was a member who was an author I do belive. He was made on the the most valueable members by Ciao (They selected 10 people and made them MVM or something similar).

It caused mayhem as he had only rated about 50 reviews and had received thousands of rates and people objected to his appointment. Ciao actually went public saying it was up to them who they made MVM but a few others asked to be removed if this was the case as it belittled the idea.

my point is, had the award been Most Valueable Writer, there would have not been an argument and I think this is the case here. Some people think that other members should follow their code of conduct and not the individuals aspects of membership, so you can ignore them or read them.

good writers are valueable to any review site and some of these people contribute a lot more than some people who post crap almost everyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
sugarnspice

sugarnspice

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySun 28 May 2006, 12:49

I agree with you too Angus. (think i'd better go lie down. I'm not used to this agreeing with people lark Shocked )
Back to top Go down
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review EmptySun 04 Jun 2006, 22:34

Wow...
Back to top Go down
http://www.bensite.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review   Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it bad to write reviews but not read other peoples review
Page 1 of 1