www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More Missing Miles

Go down 
+6
Paul99ine
atticusuk
Silverblue
Minnitee
WendyBull
belfin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
belfin

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-02-11

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 20 Mar 2007, 19:50

Is it just me or are any of you out there missing more miles again?

Just when I seem to be nearing a payout there are more being taken off. I don't know about anyone else but it is a bit disheartening especially after receiving the bonus ones a few weeks ago. I realise that dishonest members have to be removed but is it fair that honest writers have to lose out because of it?
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 20 Mar 2007, 19:56

Unfortunately Dooyoo perceive the miles generated by others from abusers of the site and gained "dishonestly". Not by us - the proper users - but by the fakers, so while it is really frustrating I guess it is understandable as well. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 20 Mar 2007, 19:56

I lost 330 this morning .... I think it was the largest drop I ever had, normally I drop the odd 30 or 60.

I tried to work out who fell foul of the system but couldn't.
Back to top Go down
Silverblue

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-11-17

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 20 Mar 2007, 22:56

Had a large drop this morning too, but somehow they reappeared again...
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 20 Mar 2007, 23:26

Monday is apparently Doom day at Dooyoo where they mop up anyone caught cheating hence the fact that miles will fall if abusers are caught. Not a lot you can do about it other than cash out regularly and live with the drops I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Paul99ine

Paul99ine

Number of posts : 3215
Registration date : 2006-02-28

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyWed 21 Mar 2007, 02:26

Minnitee wrote:

I tried to work out who fell foul of the system but couldn't.

Nope, I couldn't figure it out, either.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyWed 21 Mar 2007, 12:46

I'm just useless most of the time cos I don't really notice whether my miles drop unless it drops by a lot, i didnt even notice the bonus ones we were given recently until it was pointed out that they were given to us!
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyThu 05 Apr 2007, 20:16

Looks like Jared and the doodoos had another clean up today - lost quite a few miles this morning.
Jared, did you find some more bad people?
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 10 Apr 2007, 10:55

Whenever people figure out I'm out of town, sick, or on vacation, the bad seeds come out of the woodwork, if you don't mind me mixing expressions. I did some when I got back last thursday and this morning...
All I can say is that some people apparently celebrate Easter by creating multiple accounts. :sigh:

Also in response to the original issue:
The last time there was a major issue with users losing miles due to fakers and abusers we figured out a way to (eventually I must admit) return some miles to all users. The problem is that these accounts are trying to generate miles for themselves and their friends, hence why we remove the miles as well. There's even on particular abuser who read the crap out of all our most popular users in the hope that we won't freeze their account because it would affect/anger too many great dooyoo members. The whole thing is shady and a little sad, but if you think you've lost a crazy amount of miles during a security sweep drop us a line. We can see you much you were affected and why. This doesn't mean we can return your miles (as they were generated "dishonestly"), but if there's a grey area involved I should be able to help. I have, for example, returned miles relating to a user who was banned for plagiarism. They read the site honestly but didn't write a single original word. That's what I mean by grey area.
Summary:
If you lose a lot of miles, let me know. I might be able to help.
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
atticusuk

atticusuk

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 10 Apr 2007, 11:35

Jared wrote:
Whenever people figure out I'm out of town, sick, or on vacation, the bad seeds come out of the woodwork, if you don't mind me mixing expressions. I did some when I got back last thursday and this morning...

-jared

If Dooyoo have a suggestion scheme that rewards members for improvements to Dooyoo that will save the company money then my suggestion is they stop you going on holiday then the above problem will not occur. Send me the money. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 10 Apr 2007, 11:43

Jared wrote:
If you lose a lot of miles, let me know. I might be able to help.-jared

Ummm, yeah, I lost like 10 000 miles when I pushed the link "To convert dooyoo Miles to Amazon Vouchers click here". Could I have them back ASAP?
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 10 Apr 2007, 12:06

You know, a lot of that has been going on. Let me talk to my tech guys and get back to you. Razz
-jared

PS: Dooyoo isn't allowing me any more vacations. If I get sick, I get to be the Content Manager "In a Bubble" so as not to contaminate the other employees when I come to work diseased.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyTue 10 Apr 2007, 15:52

I don't mind losing a few pennies if it helps keep the site 'clean'.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles EmptyWed 11 Apr 2007, 09:58

Jared wrote:
You know, a lot of that has been going on. Let me talk to my tech guys and get back to you. Razz
-jared

PS: Dooyoo isn't allowing me any more vacations. If I get sick, I get to be the Content Manager "In a Bubble" so as not to contaminate the other employees when I come to work diseased.

You do work in a Dilbert world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Missing Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Missing Miles   More Missing Miles Empty

Back to top Go down

More Missing Miles
Page 1 of 1