www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Change in the rating system

Go down 
+2
Ciao's Favourite Member
Averilla
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Change in the rating system Empty
PostSubject: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 23:54

Hav e you noticed that now if you do not have at least one predominantly Helpful rating you cannot rate other people's reviews ??? What are your thoughts on this...personally I don't think it is such a bad idea !
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyThu 26 Apr 2007, 00:42

I think Ciao are idiots.
Back to top Go down
Averilla

Averilla

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyThu 26 Apr 2007, 01:36

Well that goes without saying...obviously !!
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyThu 26 Apr 2007, 09:35

Yep Ciao are complete idiots and are wasting more and more time on the things that dont really matter rather than sorting out those that do!
Back to top Go down
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 13:08

At the moment even those new members that have written a helpful review are still unable to rate and comment so even more problems for the tech team to work on this morning.
Back to top Go down
duskmaiden

duskmaiden

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 13:21

COOOEEE wrote:
At the moment even those new members that have written a helpful review are still unable to rate and comment so even more problems for the tech team to work on this morning.

That's a shame. it will really put some of the ones who might stick around off. Have you had any feedback from them at all (being the new member's) guide. How can you feel fully part of the community if you are restricted in such a valuable part of Ciao
Back to top Go down
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 13:35

duskmaiden wrote:
COOOEEE wrote:

That's a shame. it will really put some of the ones who might stick around off. Have you had any feedback from them at all (being the new member's) guide. How can you feel fully part of the community if you are restricted in such a valuable part of Ciao

I think it will be accepted as long as they can indeed rate and comment once they have written their first helpful review. I do think it will help if members can leave advice on how to improve their reviews if they only have a SH or below rating as the genuine members do want to improve them. I do think this will put a stop to crap reviews being churned out one after the other

I have had a few members contact me via the private guestbook that aren't too happy as they don't want to write any reviews yet feel they are quite capable of rating and commenting honestly.

Not sure if it will stop revenge ratings as those that are bent on causing trouble will just keep returning and know what makes a helpful review.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system EmptyFri 27 Apr 2007, 20:03

Revenge raters are too cowardly to write a review and potentially give away who they are with the way that they write.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Change in the rating system   Change in the rating system Empty

Back to top Go down

Change in the rating system
Page 1 of 1