www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's up with rating on Ciao?

Go down 
+2
Minnitee
Tom_Clare
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

What's up with rating on Ciao? Empty
PostSubject: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 17:02

Hey Smile

I went on Ciao as usual today but for some reason it won't let me rate any reviews, as it comes up with this bizarre message:

"You do not have a helpful review! Only members with at least one helpful review can rate other reviews and write comments on them."

What's all that about? Has this happened to anyone else?
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
Minnitee

Minnitee

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2006-03-23

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 17:10

Happened to me, too. I'm not lowering my standards to get a helpful review.

Ciao is getting elitist.

But if you now need at least one helpful review to rate others then newbies will never be able to rate to get the hang of the site (not unless they are good writers from the outset. (but it might stop revenge rating from beginners)

They are really messing about with everything. You can also reply to a GB message straight from your GB. No more clicking on member link and then go to their GB. That is a good thing but there's still a lot of rubbish going on.
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 17:37

Just tried rating again and the message disappeared and rating was possible.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 17:59

They should have gotten their house in order regards abuse and all the other malarkey before trying all this new stuff.

Idiots.
Back to top Go down
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 18:50

The problem now seems to have been sorted. I read the message as meaning only members that had written at least a review of an overall rating of helpful above can rate a review.

Maybe they are bringing this in to stop new members that haven't written any reviews or those that have written lower quality reviews from rating reviews until they understand what is required in them. It will also stop revenge raters. If so what a great idea. Hurrah
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 19:32

So all our old advice to newbies that they should read like crazy in the first few days so they learn about the site and what's expected..............................down the drain.

I can see their point (I get utterly *Bad word* off by the fake duplicate accounts that are created to dish out revenge rates without leaving a trail) but making people write before they can read could be a step too far.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 19:33

I know we aren't allowed to name names on the site but I wonder what will happen to the gentleman who doesn't write (allegedly under advice from his 'legal team') but likes to leave exceptionally long comments.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 19:41

It does seem to be an automated attempt to stop people signing up with new accounts and 'attacking' others through rating and comments.

I bet there's a much easier way of doing things, though. Oh, and this wouldn't even be an issue if Ciao and the Ciao Abuse staffers had some backbone and, dare I say it, intelligence.
Back to top Go down
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 19:43

koshkha wrote:
So all our old advice to newbies that they should read like crazy in the first few days so they learn about the site and what's expected..............................down the drain.

I can see their point (I get utterly *Bad word* off by the fake duplicate accounts that are created to dish out revenge rates without leaving a trail) but making people write before they can read could be a step too far.

As I said --- If this is what ciao have decided to do and they may not have done ---then the new members will still be able to read reviews to pick up tips like layout and content needed so all your old advice would still be useful. They just wont be able to rate them.

Maybe we should just ask the member with no reviews if they are still able to comment on reviews and if so then that answers the question of whether or not ciao have implemented this new rule?
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 19:46

COOOEEE wrote:

As I said --- If this is what ciao have decided to do and they may not have done ---then the new members will still be able to read reviews to pick up tips like layout and content needed so all your old advice would still be useful. They just wont be able to rate them.

Maybe we should just ask the member with no reviews if they are still able to comment on reviews and if so then that answers the question of whether or not ciao have implemented this new rule?

But it also means that members WILL NOT GET PAID for new members reading and not rating the reviews - unless they implement the pay per read rule like dooyoo.

(maybe I've become too cynical...)
Back to top Go down
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 19:48

[quote=" Oh, and this wouldn't even be an issue if Ciao and the Ciao Abuse staffers had some backbone and, dare I say it, intelligence.[/quote]

How right you are. I think the way members have been treated recently has caused many to leave and concentrate on other review sites. maybe now they are listening lol!
Back to top Go down
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 19:55

Minnitee wrote:

But it also means that members WILL NOT GET PAID for new members reading and not rating the reviews - unless they implement the pay per read rule like dooyoo.

(maybe I've become too cynical...)

As most of the problems in the past have been from revenge ratings and low ratings because the members may not understand the rating system or just because the review really was crap then most of the ratings would be negative and you wouldn't get paid for them anyway. You will lose out for those members that really did find your review helpful
Back to top Go down
Minnitee

Minnitee

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 20:10

I think a lot of new members who rate reviews know how to do it and do not underrate.

I'm talking more about your and my and every established member, it's not a lot of money to be made from Ciao with their half penny payment per rating but I do get a number of white dots rating and if they are not allowed to rate then I lose out on even more money (instead of 30p I only get 25p) and I would really object to that - in particular with Ciao throwing money out of the window for weekly competitions, video competitions which left only enough money for 10 diamonds per month.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 20:18

Sounds like I am better off out of all this stuff !!
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? EmptyWed 25 Apr 2007, 20:22

Minnitee wrote:

I'm talking more about your and my and every established member, it's not a lot of money to be made from Ciao with their half penny payment per rating but I do get a number of white dots rating and if they are not allowed to rate then I lose out on even more money (instead of 30p I only get 25p) and I would really object to that - in particular with Ciao throwing money out of the window for weekly competitions, video competitions which left only enough money for 10 diamonds per month.

I can see your point and I also have quite a few new members reading and rating my reviews but many members would rather not have to spend their time asking for revenge ratings to be removed and with ciao abuse having a laid back attitude they are lucky if this even happens so it is all swings and roundabouts and I can't see what the solution could be. Maybe Ciao should ask their members what they think before they keep making major changes but they don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's up with rating on Ciao?   What's up with rating on Ciao? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's up with rating on Ciao?
Page 1 of 1