www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Disappearing Review

Go down 
+15
Vax
nathaninnit
atticusuk
arnoldhenryrufus
Essexgirl
Averilla
lisa2062
curious_tan
inspirangel
berlioz
TheHairyGodmother
WendyBull
fizzywizzy
jekka
Tom_Clare
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vax

Vax

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2006-03-04

Disappearing Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 15:57

Lordy it seems the gremlins are back! I just read a vac review and the comments refer to a DVD review heh heh!
Back to top Go down
thebluehippo

thebluehippo

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 18:00

Yep I had a review with total random comments that made no sense. I am wondering where the comments for me went. Shame as I am interested in what someone said as they rated Not Helpful so I want to see how the person is thinking.

Is the site actually paying for reads because I have not received any pennies.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 19:40

No you only get paid for rates helpful and above in paying categories. Have been over there and tried to rate/comment on reviews, but it's a waste of time at the moment. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
thebluehippo

thebluehippo

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 20:03

It is quite amazing that I have been quite on the site for 8 months because they were having technical problems, yet here we are and problems still seem to be going on. Has it been like this all this time?
Just noticed you don't get paid for holiday categories that will be why.
Back to top Go down
lisa2062

lisa2062

Number of posts : 2129
Registration date : 2006-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 20:37

They did fix some of the probs like rates not sticking, but the technical gremlins came back very quickly.

To find out if a review you want to post is worth anything, make sure you are logged in and search for that product. If it's in the database click on it, and you'll find out how much it's worth.
Some products aren't worth a penny depending on non member interest and how many reviews there are on the product. Lisa x
Back to top Go down
http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/
Tom_Clare

Tom_Clare

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2006-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySat 30 Jun 2007, 23:09

Ciao's latest maintainance announcement says "reviews and ratings could disappear but no money or data will be lost; it’s just a visual error on the website." - do you reckon that means they'll put the missing reviews back up themselves in time, or will those of us who've had reviews disappear have to resubmit them?
Back to top Go down
http://uk.geocities.com/tom1clare
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Jul 2007, 02:12

Looks like I chose a good time to not log on for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Jul 2007, 13:34

Missing reviews will be returned to the site eventually. It's not that they don't exist in the database, but rather that the display logic that displays reviews and comments is crap. At least, that's my guess.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Jul 2007, 15:53

For some it would probably be better if they stayed missing.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 EmptySun 01 Jul 2007, 21:26

Problem is it isnt going to help anyone get reads for them when they do finally appear as visible to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disappearing Review   Disappearing Review - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Disappearing Review
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2