www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Newest Review List

Go down 
+2
berlioz
WendyBull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WendyBull

WendyBull

Number of posts : 2028
Registration date : 2006-04-04

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptySun 26 Aug 2007, 17:13

This doesn't appear to be working at teh moment. It is not adding any other new reviews than those added this morning and one member had about a dozen reviews showing up on the new in list but he only added one from what I can tell.

I am a bit miffed as I just posted a new review and now it won't appear on the new in list once it disappears from the front page! Grr
Back to top Go down
http://www.egrinstead.co.uk
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptySun 26 Aug 2007, 21:38

It seems to update only once a day, so reviews posted before this happens are pretty much unviewable unless you go straight to the member's profile. I have to say I'm not really a big fan of this new system either as it seems to be pretty hard to actually read the very newest reviews once they are posted.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptySun 26 Aug 2007, 23:42

I didn't realise this was a normal thing. I thought it was a bug. That is awful if it stays like that! Perhaps a guide could ask Jared in the forum if this is meant to happen please.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyMon 27 Aug 2007, 00:22

I'm not sure if it's meant to happen, though if you go to the "newest reviews" page from the link in your personal profile, then you get the old style list which is up to date.
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyMon 27 Aug 2007, 00:24

Yes, meaning of course that the reviews do appear on the list when this update occurs, but before that, once it's gone from the main page, it won't really be visible anywhere else until the list again updates sometime during the night I believe. I do wish it would be like Ciao where the list updates whenever a new review is posted, unless there's a specific reason why Dooyoo is going about it differently (visibility to non-members, perhaps?).
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyMon 27 Aug 2007, 00:25

Ciao's Favourite Member wrote:
I'm not sure if it's meant to happen, though if you go to the "newest reviews" page from the link in your personal profile, then you get the old style list which is up to date.

Ah, so it does.
Back to top Go down
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyMon 27 Aug 2007, 00:33

Still... if anyone sees anything they think is out of place (bugs etc.) then contact Dooyoo and let them know.
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyTue 28 Aug 2007, 10:04

Yeah, I didn't realise that worked from your own page, thanks for that, but the new reviews list from the front page is pants like that.
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyWed 29 Aug 2007, 11:53

I never really realised there was a way to look for new reviews other than through my own profile page.. have always gone to them through that so never knew there was a problem Smile
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyWed 29 Aug 2007, 12:54

I've always been the other way and gone to the new reviews list through the front page. LOL
Back to top Go down
WendyBull

WendyBull

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyWed 29 Aug 2007, 13:53

Funny, I have just tried to get to the new review list from my account page and it takes me to the dodgy one which does not show the newest reviews anymore! I think this is definately a bug and needs looking at.
Back to top Go down
kingfisher111

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2006-11-11

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyWed 29 Aug 2007, 16:07

I'm having trouble finding any of today's reviews - very frustrating!
Back to top Go down
Ailran

Ailran

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2006-02-28

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyThu 30 Aug 2007, 12:51

Yep it seems like the 'super duper' update has found its way to the way I go to new reviews as well now... and it is an umitigated disaster! Gave up without reading a thing!
Back to top Go down
Jared

Jared

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List EmptyThu 30 Aug 2007, 14:23

Check out the community home page from time to time. It's the OTHER big thing that's part of the latest update. Today it has this little tidbit:

OMG I'm sorry the New Newest Review page is screwy! Enjoy this old-school re-enactment!

http://members.dooyoo.co.uk/toplist/reviews/

Temporary fix, we'll get things sorted by next week. :crosses fingers:
-jared
Back to top Go down
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk
Sponsored content

Newest Review List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newest Review List   Newest Review List Empty

Back to top Go down

Newest Review List
Page 1 of 1