www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wandering Reviews

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frankingsteins

Frankingsteins

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Wandering Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Wandering Reviews   Wandering Reviews EmptyWed 05 Sep 2007, 20:58

Wow, this is so strange and kind of flattering. Try typing your Dooyoo/Ciao/whatever username into google and seeing where some of your reviews have ended up, you might be surprised.

I've been writing on Dooyoo for a few years now, and it turns out some of my reviews have ended up on peoples' personal websites, MySpaces, and fan sites for obscure TV shows (all credited to my username and to dooyoo.co.uk). Because the kind of people who like the kind of things I write about are the kind of people who would do this, i.e. loveable nerds.

One of my music reviews has even been translated into Polish!
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Wandering Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Reviews   Wandering Reviews EmptyThu 06 Sep 2007, 00:48

Only found one of mine. A Philippino guy had added my The Good, the Bad and the Ugly review on some Morricone tribute page. It wasn't translated, though, which is probably for the best.
Back to top Go down
Frankingsteins

Frankingsteins

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-01

Wandering Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Reviews   Wandering Reviews EmptyThu 06 Sep 2007, 03:07

berlioz wrote:
Only found one of mine. A Philippino guy had added my The Good, the Bad and the Ugly review on some Morricone tribute page. It wasn't translated, though, which is probably for the best.

Coincidentally, the review in question was of Poledouris' 'Conan the Barbarian' score on some Polish Conan fan site. The MySpace was for my review of an obscure video game from about 1991, the user claiming to be the game's title character and featuring my review as an outline of what his tasks were (mainly collecting coins and breaking blocks with a yo-yo).
Back to top Go down
dididave

dididave

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2006-03-01

Wandering Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Reviews   Wandering Reviews EmptyThu 06 Sep 2007, 12:32

Frankingsteins wrote:
Wow, this is so strange and kind of flattering. Try typing your Dooyoo/Ciao/whatever username into google and seeing where some of your reviews have ended up, you might be surprised.

I've been writing on Dooyoo for a few years now, and it turns out some of my reviews have ended up on peoples' personal websites, MySpaces, and fan sites for obscure TV shows (all credited to my username and to dooyoo.co.uk). Because the kind of people who like the kind of things I write about are the kind of people who would do this, i.e. loveable nerds.

One of my music reviews has even been translated into Polish!

I actually quite like it when someone has plagarised my reviews and posted them elsewhere. Found a few of mine on epinions a while back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424828235
Ciao's Favourite Member

Number of posts : 1075
Registration date : 2006-12-20

Wandering Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Reviews   Wandering Reviews EmptyThu 06 Sep 2007, 14:16

My username's too common to actually yield any results.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wandering Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wandering Reviews   Wandering Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Wandering Reviews
Page 1 of 1