www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ian Huntley needs a new liver

Go down 
+2
drewboy
WormThatTurned
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

Ian Huntley needs a new liver Empty
PostSubject: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyMon 26 Nov 2007, 19:58

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23422683-details/Prison+service+deny+Ian+Huntley+'will+die+without+a+liver+transplant'/article.do

It is being reported in several of the dailys that Huntley requires a liver transplant and will die without one.

I dont think he should be considered for one. There is a shortage of organs for transplant and it would be galling if Huntley one of the least deserving in the country got one.

It wouldnt do any favours to the numbers holding a donor card either.

IMO if he suffers a painful death - so be it - justice in a way.
Back to top Go down
drewboy
Admin
drewboy

Number of posts : 1685
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyMon 26 Nov 2007, 20:46

I'm a bit torn on this one.

On the one hand, I think death is an easy way out for him and since it is what he wants, then he should not be allowed his own way. He is sticking two fingers up at his sentence, and what I would perceive as justice.

On the other hand, say he got one. What is to stop him doing it again, and ruining another perfectly good liver? That is the one and only reason I would ever consider him not getting one.

If his liver failure was not by his own hand, I would say to give him one (as long as he was in the queue like everyone else). But it was his own doing, and that is the main problem for me.
Back to top Go down
atticusuk

atticusuk

Number of posts : 1972
Registration date : 2006-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyTue 27 Nov 2007, 17:00

No point in giving him one as their are other more deserving cases, just the same as an alcoholic should not be given one ahead of a non drinker.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

Number of posts : 1091
Location : Northants & S. Cheshire - depends on the day of the week
Registration date : 2006-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyTue 27 Nov 2007, 20:07

I can't get that link to work but I can't see how the guy could be an alky when he's been locked up for the past 5 years or so.

I could imagine he'd get liver failure if he's been overdoing the paracetamol though. Thankfully liver failure is long and very very painful. Much as I'd like to keep him alive for a long time to sit and dwell on what he did, I would put him right at the bottom of the queue for everything other than a good kicking.
Back to top Go down
helencbradshaw

helencbradshaw

Number of posts : 1982
Location : Here, There and Everywhere, but usually in a hotel somewhere
Registration date : 2006-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyWed 28 Nov 2007, 00:59

link doesnt work for me either (and what a scary link it is) however I am struggling to understand how he needs a new liver when locked up without access to alcohol for years - surely it has repaired somewhat...!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reviewwritersforum.co.uk
spoilt_little_brat

spoilt_little_brat

Number of posts : 1427
Registration date : 2006-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyWed 28 Nov 2007, 01:48

Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyWed 28 Nov 2007, 10:00

Thanks for the link. As I suspected nothing to do with alcohol and all to do with painkillers.

That's gonna hurt like hell.
Back to top Go down
WormThatTurned

WormThatTurned

Number of posts : 1105
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyWed 28 Nov 2007, 23:24

Any prisoner who committed a heinous crime should automatically be lowest priority.
Back to top Go down
koshkha

koshkha

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver EmptyFri 30 Nov 2007, 12:03

WormThatTurned wrote:
Any prisoner who committed a heinous crime should automatically be lowest priority.

Have you considered moving to China?

Over there you get stitched up for a crime you might not have committed, get executed and then they sell your organs for transplant surgery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ian Huntley needs a new liver   Ian Huntley needs a new liver Empty

Back to top Go down

Ian Huntley needs a new liver
Page 1 of 1