www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ciao/Dooyoo payments

Go down 
+8
djohan
welshfruitbat
ben100100100509
jaggynettles
masterblaster1982
Thingywhatsit
mattygroves
Louise90
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Louise90

Louise90

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2006-02-13

Ciao/Dooyoo payments Empty
PostSubject: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyThu 16 Mar 2006, 14:22

Ciao & Dooyoo pay in very different ways. Dooyoo have the miles & pay (I think!) a fixed amount on every review you write. Then once you have acquired the miles, you can cash in. With Ciao they pay different amounts on some reviews and you can ask for payment after £5.

Do you think that Ciao should be more like Dooyoo in their payment methods, or vise versa? Or are you happy with the way both sites have their payment schemes?

Louise
Back to top Go down
http://167421.aceboard.net
mattygroves

mattygroves

Number of posts : 397
Location : I like it here, but I have a summer home in reality
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyThu 16 Mar 2006, 14:35

Dooyoo pay 3p a member read, regardless of the subject or the rating (or indeed whether or not it's BEEN rated). A crown pays £1.50, unless it's in the Speakers' Corner, in which case it's a pretty picture only.

Ciao, as you point out, pay anything from nothing a read to 2p a read, and doubled for a month if it's the first H op in the category. PF is a mystery to everyone.

Guess which I prefer? I've made a lot more money on dooyoo in a much shorter period of time.

The BIG advantage (besides financial gain) of paying regardless of rating is that revenge rating is (a) less of a problem and (b) doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyThu 16 Mar 2006, 16:09

Dooyoo are consistently the better payers out of the two. Ciao is very much hit and miss in their payments and the way in which payments are awarded.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
marcelle

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyThu 16 Mar 2006, 19:42

I much prefer the way Dooyoo payments are done. I like to save all my amazon vouchers up until Xmas or if I am planning on buying a more expensive item. Dooyoo methods seem to be quicker well from what I can tell from requesting Vouchers. I disagree with the fact that you get 3p per read regardles of what rating.... I have seen some terrible review there and they have all be awarded 3p each time they are rated?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyThu 16 Mar 2006, 19:59

It was all explained on the last forum really. It's about pride really, and wanting to write work that wins crown awards. The people that write reviews which are less worthy will never get crowns.
Back to top Go down
masterblaster1982

masterblaster1982

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 00:51

i think they should both pay out at min of £5 in to a bank account and also they both should have vouchers for amazon andmany more other online shops from £5.

i also think that ciao should pay more for reviews and dooyoo should also have different pay amounts depending on the rating they get.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps2review.co.uk
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptySun 19 Mar 2006, 01:13

it's been discussed on the dooyoo threads why the payments are like they are, in that everyone gets money, but only crowns get the good money. As for ciao, since being taken over by Greenfield, I cant see them changing their payments at all.
Back to top Go down
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 19:45

soundsexciting wrote:
I've had a chap leaving messages telling me all my reviews are copied on dooyoo.

What's his username??? I'll go and annoy him and see if he'll do the same to me. pirat
Back to top Go down
jaggynettles

jaggynettles

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyMon 20 Mar 2006, 19:50

Actually. I take that back - i found him and you can happily keep him. Neutral

Back on topic. I'd prefer if DooYoo let you cash out before you it 55000 miles, but given the choice between Ciao and DooYoo. The latter wins hands down, and for that reason, i'm happy to wait.
Back to top Go down
Louise90

Louise90

Number of posts : 411
Registration date : 2006-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 02:09

That's probably why Dooyoo pay so much better than Ciao - because they won't let you cash out before 55,000 miles.
Back to top Go down
http://167421.aceboard.net
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptySat 20 May 2006, 02:41

I prefer the cheque system, also dooyoo is more reliable and gives out more money than ciao.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bensite.co.uk
welshfruitbat

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyMon 28 Aug 2006, 21:19

Why won't Ciao pay out cheques like Dooyoo. I'm not sure of the idea of giving my bank account details over the internet. Has anyone ever had any problems. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyMon 28 Aug 2006, 22:57

None at all with Ciao. They pay fine.
Back to top Go down
welshfruitbat

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2006-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyTue 29 Aug 2006, 00:55

thanks for the that - don't feel so worried about giving my details now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
djohan

djohan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: I haven't been paid, yet.   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyThu 26 Oct 2006, 22:43

I think I am the only one who haven't been paid in CIAO UK as I don't have a UK bank account. I have discussed this problem of mine with CIAO and some friends, but it hasn't been solved.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyThu 26 Oct 2006, 23:09

Goodness me, you must have a fortune in there by now. Write for dooyoo and you get paid in amazon vouchers !
Back to top Go down
berlioz

berlioz

Number of posts : 3532

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyFri 27 Oct 2006, 10:59

I have pretty much the same problem. I got over £50 there since joining in late 2003. It makes one sad, but strangely blasé at the same time. Another reason why Dooyoo is more enticing right now.
Back to top Go down
djohan

djohan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptySun 29 Oct 2006, 22:27

Thingywhatsit wrote:
Goodness me, you must have a fortune in there by now. Write for dooyoo and you get paid in amazon vouchers !

As suggested, I opened an account at Amazon.co.uk. But when I do the setting of payment method, I don't find an option of using voucher. Then, what should I do?
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptySun 29 Oct 2006, 22:32

You don't open an amazon account. What you do is press the money sign on your dooyoo page, and you get the choice of how you want to be paid. You chose amazon vouchers, and they are sent to you by email.
Back to top Go down
duskmaiden

duskmaiden

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyMon 30 Oct 2006, 17:43

I like dooyoo for quickness i must say. i also like getting the Amazon vouchers as I have something to show for my review writitng (It's also handy for writitng more reviews on the things you have just bought!1). It's alo great a xmas. I like Ciao's method of payiyng aslong as i forget that i have applied for my money s it is a surprise when i get it
Back to top Go down
Silverblue

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 00:51

I much prefer dooyoo, it's far more profitable. Plus you can be sure they pay for your reviews!

I don't have much experience on ciao.co.uk but have posted about 15 reviews on ciao Germany. For about 10 of them ciao has changed the pay rate to "0", mainly already after a month or two.

dooyoo pays for all reviews the same amount plus a nice extra for a crown. And if you're active you should reach the threshold of 10 000 miles within a year easily, also if you have some not so active months in between.

Another thing: The premium systems. I will never understand ciao's system, I'm puzzled how the sum calculates I get on ciao Germany and it probably is the same on ciao UK.

I'm very happy with dooyoo way - have been writing on dooyoo Germany as well and you only get Webmiles there (similar to ipoints) - 1000 Webmiles for 3000 dooyoo miles. Also do crowns only give you 500 dooyoo miles extra and they are rarer than on dooyoo UK. (1000 Webmiles are far less than 1 EUR btw).

All in all I'm very happy with dooyoo's paymet system.
Back to top Go down
Silverblue

Registration date : 2006-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptySun 19 Nov 2006, 01:26

sirg0508 wrote:

What can you do with Webmiles? All of mine on Dooyo.fr and .de have expired (didn't have that many anyway) but had no idea what could be done with them!
D Smile

You can redeem them to vouchers, stuff for your flat or something for yourself (sun glasses, suitcases...). You basically choose out of a catalogue what you want and can afford.

Just had a look - a 5 EUR book voucher costs 3400 Webmiles (= 10 200 dooyoo miles), a 10 EUR one 6000 Webmiles; so basically it depends on what you want how much your Webmiles are worth.
For 5 000 000 Webmiles you get a four-day-trip to Monaco by the way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kellylouj

Registration date : 2006-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments EmptyWed 22 Nov 2006, 10:58

Ifind the amazon vouchers great especially for gifts as you can get absolutely everything this year I am going to save them up for a new tv ciao I find you can constantly write and write but unless you have the constant support from other members in rating and commenting and you do vice versa you tend to earn a lot less.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ciao/Dooyoo payments   Ciao/Dooyoo payments Empty

Back to top Go down

Ciao/Dooyoo payments
Page 1 of 1