www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

General review site chatter

Go down 
+2
Nar
Thingywhatsit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

General review site chatter Empty
PostSubject: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptyWed 15 Mar 2006, 22:48

This is a new area to discuss in general review sites, as requested by a member. Feel free to add your posts that are general review site chatter here.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: What Did People Do Before Ciao or Dooyoo?   General review site chatter EmptyTue 21 Mar 2006, 23:32

Just wondering since this is a general part of the site, what people did before they realised Ciao or Dooyoo? Me for example did a short stint on Amazon before realising it was a waste of time...
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptyWed 22 Mar 2006, 00:01

I did a lot more short story writing for magazines before ciao, but life was very different for me then and it fits with my lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
marcelle

PostSubject: Re: What Did People Do Before Ciao or Dooyoo?   General review site chatter EmptyWed 22 Mar 2006, 01:12

NAR wrote:
Just wondering since this is a general part of the site, what people did before they realised Ciao or Dooyoo? Me for example did a short stint on Amazon before realising it was a waste of time...

Had a life lol!
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 02:36

Thingywhatsit wrote:
I did a lot more short story writing for magazines before ciao, but life was very different for me then and it fits with my lifestyle.

If you had the chance to do it again, would you? Ive often toyed with the idea of writing for magazines. I often love reading the editorials on the Sunday magazines with the weekend papers.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptyFri 14 Apr 2006, 08:51

If you really want to write for magazines or if any member does, I shall gladly help you.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 13:06

Thingywhatsit wrote:
If you really want to write for magazines or if any member does, I shall gladly help you.

Thats something that i thought recently that I want to know a bit more about. Book, film and music reviews, current affairs, social comment , history and religion all seem like obvious areas for me to think about but I also feel that i could turn my hand to other areas. Any information as to how you get going would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 13:11

First stop would be to buy a book called "The Writers and Artists Yearbook". In it is explained what markets are available for what, and it's a wonderful mine of information, and sometimes even though an edition that is looking for work may not be listed, I have found editors so helpful if approached right, with stamped addressed envelopes, and worded in such a way that you are keen, though not to change their style, but to write within the style of the magazine as it exists.
Back to top Go down
ben100100100509

ben100100100509

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-05-16

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptySat 20 May 2006, 02:39

Wow, writing for a magazine would be amazing! santa
Back to top Go down
http://www.bensite.co.uk
mr.blue.sky

mr.blue.sky

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2006-05-12

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptySat 20 May 2006, 22:16

Sounds similar to a book on photography I bought. It lists all the places you can submit photos (& can make a lot of money) but this must be done in the correct way to get a look in, you pics must be in line with what the mag' / editorial is all about.
It said, obviously that the editor was very busy & had access to hundreds of submissions just like yours, so to avoid the bin file.... It must be done correctly & stand out.... but can be done (though I've not tried it yet, you never know!).
Back to top Go down
butters

butters

Number of posts : 975
Registration date : 2006-03-26

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter EmptySat 27 May 2006, 14:24

I spend way too much time on dooyoo and RWF so i dont have a clue how i used to fill up my time. I suppose it was msn and games loads. Now its this and games. I sadly never had a life though. I need to see sunlight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General review site chatter   General review site chatter Empty

Back to top Go down

General review site chatter
Page 1 of 1