www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.ReviewWritersForum.co.uk

A site for review writers

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there life after Ciao death?

Go down 
+5
Nar
Angus
kelr101
Thingywhatsit
steerpyke
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steerpyke

steerpyke

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2006-03-05

Is there life after Ciao death? Empty
PostSubject: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyMon 27 Mar 2006, 23:26

Just a question really. If a writer left the site and managed to get all of their reviews removed (does that happen automatically or do ciao retain them?) what would stop them rejoining under a new identity and re-posting the same reviews and re-earning the cash as if they were new post? Obviously I cant mention anything more substantial than that in case someone manages to earn hundreds of pounds from the advertising it may bring but could it happen? Has it happened?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

Number of posts : 5842
Registration date : 2006-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 08:44

Ciao rule (as quoted by Dididave in another posting) that if a member leaves ciao and their review is still on the database, they cannot then write a review on the same subject again because they are effectively earning either community points or money for the same thing.
Back to top Go down
https://reviewwritersforum.editboard.com
kelr101

kelr101

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 10:17

Ah yes, but what if all the reviews have been removed? In theory could a member return and re-post everything...because as far as Ciao are concerned the reviews aren't on the database.

Yes I know it's fraud, and no I'm not considering it...but in theory it could happen right?
Back to top Go down
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 10:35

Does that mean that if I left and lost all my reviews that I spent 8 months writing to earn £8 I could rejoin and post them all over again and get that £8 all over again.......Woooo hoooo I might make the local papers with that fraud, I think if the reviews are not available in a search on ciao then they can be reposted....If you delete yourself the reviews remain but if you are deleted they are removed usually, and in either case you can request them to be removed.....I am sorry but when I see the word fraud being put about with regards earning money on Ciao I just wet myself. Even in the glory days of 2001 Ciao paid bog all as compared to Dooyoo, anyway enjoy your day all .................. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 11:33

badcompany77 wrote:
Does that mean that if I left and lost all my reviews that I spent 8 months writing to earn £8 I could rejoin and post them all over again and get that £8 all over again.......Woooo hoooo I might make the local papers with that fraud, I think if the reviews are not available in a search on ciao then they can be reposted....If you delete yourself the reviews remain but if you are deleted they are removed usually, and in either case you can request them to be removed.....I am sorry but when I see the word fraud being put about with regards earning money on Ciao I just wet myself. Even in the glory days of 2001 Ciao paid bog all as compared to Dooyoo, anyway enjoy your day all .................. Twisted Evil

Not srtictly true Art, old chap.

My best month on Ciao saw me withdraw £130 ish and a certain member earned almost £200.

That was when the PF paid a lot and you were paid for every read. I would get 100 reads per day and posted every other day.

2001 was by far the best year online for earning cash and with every other scheme going I made about £500 a month online and I remember sitting in my Car Showroom at the time typing furiously as the valeter was selling cars for me!

Crazy time but good fun.

EDITED BY ADMIN.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
badcompa

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 11:38

Angus wrote:
badcompany77 wrote:

Not srtictly true Art, old chap.

My best month on Ciao saw me withdraw £130 ish and another member earned almost £200.

That was when the PF paid a lot and you were paid for every read. I would get 100 reads per day and posted every other day.

2001 was by far the best year online for earning cash and with every other scheme going I made about £500 a month online and I remember sitting in my Car Showroom at the time typing furiously as the valeter was selling cars for me!

Crazy time but good fun.

Jeeeez and I thought I was doing good getting a £50 Dooyoo cheque every 3 weeks, that is some going Angus. Always knew someone else was doing the selling for you, nice to see the proof in print Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Angus

Angus

Number of posts : 1970
Registration date : 2006-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 13:00

So sue me. ;
Back to top Go down
http://www.cherishgifts.co.uk
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 20:12

so does that mean that under certain circumstances a member could have all evidence of their passage through ciao removed and re-earn the money with the same reviews. i know we are not talking much money but i wondered what people thought. I believe there is at least one person on Ciao doing that at the moment, which doesnt really bother me but if I can see it why cant ciao? They are the ones that are against so called self promotion for cash etc etc. Re-earning, copying, plagarism and revenge rates are tolerated but mentioning yourself in any form isnt. Odd?

Last edited by on Tue 28 Mar 2006, 20:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 20:19

No idea what the ruling is here. I know that I was told that if I left and my reviews stayed on the database, I could not them republish them under a different name. Obviously really, why would they want two copies of the same review ? But as for people who are wiped off, no idea whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 22:22

Quote :
it's called Dooyoo birth

Ha !! sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 22:27

I guess you are right Debs, but with the amount of established writers being blocked when they are activley contributing to the site in a positive way, i'm sure that the powers that be will have little interest for minor fraud, best if i just keep my head down. I've already been accused of being a hypocrite and a self promotor I'm not adding wannabe police officer to the list.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 22:32

How about you join the over 18 forum and give us a pin up ?
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 22:34

your heart wouldnt be able to take it.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 22:35

ooooooooow now I am sorely tempted. What a way to go
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 22:40

its all gone off topic
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 22:43

Okay, after Steerpyke does a strip in the over 18 forum, is there a life after ciao ?

Can you repost reviews that you wrote in another ciao lifetime.

Answer : No.
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 23:29

The point really is not should you but can you. I know you shouldn't but know that its going on. Still with all the other weird crap thats going on on the site, its really par for the course.
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 28 Mar 2006, 23:35

Yes, its a strange site at the moment. That's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Nar

Nar

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2006-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyThu 13 Apr 2006, 02:54

Im hoping there is life after Ciao death...

And at the same time, its all very well with Ciao putting the rules down as to copied reviews, old members returning new with old opinions, but then is it really all that bad if an old member starts back with the same reviews as before? If they wrote them, it belongs to them in the same way that Emily Bronte is the writer of Wuthering Heights, no matter how many different languages or arrangements of the story which has been published (okay Im being slightly exaggerated but its food for thought!)

What if they are updated, what if they contain different language, or wording? Is it still reportable if the review content is say 85% the same?
Back to top Go down
steerpyke

steerpyke

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 12:39

Point taken, but I was refering to some one who had left and rejoined and reposted the reviews as new, even though they seem to have been the same reviews and getting a second payment for them under the new name. I know its a small issue when you count the money and I'm propably guilty of getting too wrapped up in the issue but with whilst there is such arbitry rulings made against established members, Ciao would be better spending their time worrying about these sort of issues rather than pissing off the quality writers (like yourself young Nar).
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptySun 16 Apr 2006, 13:12

Old members returning in another life and posting the same review, thus getting two lots of revenue from it, however small, is against ciao rules.
Back to top Go down
COOOEEE

COOOEEE

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyMon 17 Apr 2006, 00:08

If you know someone who is reposting old reviews, they should be reported. I know that some members look out for old ones returning and when the site did have category people they were asked to report those adding reviews back on the site.

Yep that is true Debbie. You may not return and post your previous reviews even if they have all been deleted. A member was found doing this after six months at least back on the site and ciao deleted their account.
Back to top Go down
jo145

jo145

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyTue 18 Apr 2006, 09:42

Life after Ciao death.? I don't keep my reviews, so even if I died I wouldn't be able to re-post them. Fraud or no fraud, I just couldn't do it. Should I keep them? What does everyone else do?
When I think about it some are on Dooyoo, re born again!
Back to top Go down
anonymili

anonymili

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2006-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyThu 20 Apr 2006, 23:44

Hmmm interesting thread. I've got all my reviews saved on my PC, they're my work after all. I've been cross-posting to dooyoo but not all of them. Wouldn't really want to bore the pants off people twice Razz Then again I do try to leave a gap of a week at least. I read and rate on both sites and regularly see the same reviews posted the same day. Not a problem for me reading/rating twice but I do recall when I rejoined dooyoo recently someone left me a message in a comment suggesting I don't post the reviews on both sites at the same time... Any feedback on that particular suggestion folks?

Oh gosh, have I gone off topic? SORRRY! confused
Back to top Go down
Thingywhatsit
Admin
Thingywhatsit

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? EmptyFri 21 Apr 2006, 07:41

I usually edit mine a little bit before cross posting but only because some are a little outdated although many cross post. It's your work. The only stipulation ciao have is that you cannot post them twice on their site as you have had your readership payments already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there life after Ciao death?   Is there life after Ciao death? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there life after Ciao death?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next